FAQs about Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've emailed CS about this, but wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if it was resolved.  

At the beginning of the month, I gifted my mom a 3 month sub.  On the 5th, she received the welcome email, but didn't realize she needed to claim the sub and set up an account, but her box arrived several days later.  

My box arrived today and I called her, so we could chat about our boxes and so I could talk her through setting up her account, doing her profile, and claiming the gift sub

(computers aren't her thing).  She had no issues setting up her account, but when it came time for me to talk her through the process of reviewing her items, she said that next to "women's box" it said subscribe.  Long story short, she gave me permission to log into her account, so I could see what she was seeing, and I realized she had just made an account instead of claiming her gift sub.  I attempted to claim it for her, using both her email address and the order number, but got an error message saying that the gift sub had already been claimed.  

Has this happened to anyone else?  I'm hoping this is something that can easily be fixed, but I'm concerned that something might have happened and the gift sub was accidentally applied to someone else or something.

Quote: Originally Posted by splash79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've emailed CS about this, but wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if it was resolved.  

At the beginning of the month, I gifted my mom a 3 month sub.  On the 5th, she received the welcome email, but didn't realize she needed to claim the sub and set up an account, but her box arrived several days later.  

My box arrived today and I called her, so we could chat about our boxes and so I could talk her through setting up her account, doing her profile, and claiming the gift sub

(computers aren't her thing).  She had no issues setting up her account, but when it came time for me to talk her through the process of reviewing her items, she said that next to "women's box" it said subscribe.  Long story short, she gave me permission to log into her account, so I could see what she was seeing, and I realized she had just made an account instead of claiming her gift sub.  I attempted to claim it for her, using both her email address and the order number, but got an error message saying that the gift sub had already been claimed.  

Has this happened to anyone else?  I'm hoping this is something that can easily be fixed, but I'm concerned that something might have happened and the gift sub was accidentally applied to someone else or something.
My gift subscription has the "subscribe" button as well.  I think it is because I'm not technically a subscriber since it is a gift sub and I hadn't made any commitment to continue it.  I got my welcome box last month and the December box this month, so she most likely did claim her subscription.  I am not sure if there is a way to check that or see how many months are left on an account though.

Quote: Originally Posted by easybreezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My gift subscription has the "subscribe" button as well.  I think it is because I'm not technically a subscriber since it is a gift sub and I hadn't made any commitment to continue it.  I got my welcome box last month and the December box this month, so she most likely did claim her subscription.  I am not sure if there is a way to check that or see how many months are left on an account though.
Can you review your boxes?  Her account looks like what mine did when I first registered and says that her first box will be arriving shortly.  

Hopefully, they will respond to my email soon and won't send out a second box.  

I am considering gifting my sister a BB subscription for her birthday, which is at the end of the month of March, I have a couple questions. 1. Is there a wait list for gift subscriptions? 2.Can I choose a starting month for the subscription to start? 3. As far as the welcome boxes, is that in addition to the regular boxes, or is that in place of one of the boxes?  Thanks a bunch!

I am considering gifting my sister a BB subscription for her birthday, which is at the end of the month of March, I have a couple questions. 1. Is there a wait list for gift subscriptions? 2.Can I choose a starting month for the subscription to start? 3. As far as the welcome boxes, is that in addition to the regular boxes, or is that in place of one of the boxes?  Thanks a bunch!
1. No waitlist on gift subs. 2. There is an option to choose when it starts. 3. Welcome boxes do count as 1 month of the subscription. So on a 3-month sub it's 1 welcome box plus 2 regular monthly boxes.

1. No waitlist on gift subs. 2. There is an option to choose when it starts. 3. Welcome boxes do count as 1 month of the subscription. So on a 3-month sub it's 1 welcome box plus 2 regular monthly boxes.
Awesome, thanks for your help!

Back