FAQs about Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by dreamerdesi88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do I add a second subscription to my account? Or do I have to gift myself one?

You have to set it up on a completely different email address.  You can't have two women's boxes on one account, although you *can* have one box of each type (women's and men's) on the same account.

Here's a question:  What happens when they send the wrong product?  Do they send a postage-paid label with the correct item so you can send the wrong one back, or will they insist on receiving the wrong item before they send the correct one?  I received two orders on two different accounts (and completely different items), and each one had something screwed up.  I'm just trying to figure out how long it's going to take to get this resolved because I had been planning on giving one of those items as a present, and now I'm not sure the timing is going to work.

To anyone who has upgraded to a yearly subscription: do you get a welcome box right after you upgrade? I didn't think so, but after I paid for my annual subscription, I was asked to fill out my beauty profile... Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have to set it up on a completely different email address.  You can't have two women's boxes on one account, although you *can* have one box of each type (women's and men's) on the same account.

Here's a question:  What happens when they send the wrong product?  Do they send a postage-paid label with the correct item so you can send the wrong one back, or will they insist on receiving the wrong item before they send the correct one?  I received two orders on two different accounts (and completely different items), and each one had something screwed up.  I'm just trying to figure out how long it's going to take to get this resolved because I had been planning on giving one of those items as a present, and now I'm not sure the timing is going to work.
That's happened to me as well.  Contact them at [email protected] and tell them what happened.  They'll send you a return slip with postage to print out, tape it on the envelope with the wrong item inside.  They'll send you the correct product in the interim... (perhaps they'll charge you again if they don't receive the wrong product in a timely manner.)  Hope that helps!

Hi everyone!

I stumbled upon this forum a couple of days ago as I was searching for information on how Birchbox *REALLY* works, and thought I'd join the group.  I have to say, I had no idea how strategic a beauty subscription program could be!  I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the tips and tricks forum members have posted!   

I've been a Birchbox subscriber since July 2012, and am curious about a couple of things I've seen on the forum so far. 

1.  How do you know if you get a "punishment" box (which I feel like I have received more than once!)

2.  Does anyone think that your actual purchase history on Birchbox affects your sample boxes?

Also, I'm excited that I just saw how to view the different versions of the boxes each month - had no idea there were so many!  I feel like I just solved a mystery! 
policeman.gif

BTW, I got Box 3 for December - which, in my opinion, was a dud.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I would have loved Box 1 or 2. 

I'm interested in learning more about how to optimize my Birchbox experience, so I appreciate any feedback anyone can offer!

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone!

I stumbled upon this forum a couple of days ago as I was searching for information on how Birchbox *REALLY* works, and thought I'd join the group.  I have to say, I had no idea how strategic a beauty subscription program could be!  I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the tips and tricks forum members have posted!   

I've been a Birchbox subscriber since July 2012, and am curious about a couple of things I've seen on the forum so far. 

1.  How do you know if you get a "punishment" box (which I feel like I have received more than once!)

2.  Does anyone think that your actual purchase history on Birchbox affects your sample boxes?

Also, I'm excited that I just saw how to view the different versions of the boxes each month - had no idea there were so many!  I feel like I just solved a mystery! 
policeman.gif

BTW, I got Box 3 for December - which, in my opinion, was a dud.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I would have loved Box 1 or 2. 

I'm interested in learning more about how to optimize my Birchbox experience, so I appreciate any feedback anyone can offer!

Thanks, and Happy New Year!
Welcome to Makeup Talk!

1. Well, most just look at their accounts to see what they're getting and label it as a "punishment" box when they compare it to other boxes. I typically post all the boxes available in the month so you'll be able to compare your box to others and decide then if what you got was a punishment or not.

2. Good question. I'm not sure if it does or doesn't.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welcome to Makeup Talk!

1. Well, most just look at their accounts to see what they're getting and label it as a "punishment" box when they compare it to other boxes. I typically post all the boxes available in the month so you'll be able to compare your box to others and decide then if what you got was a punishment or not.

2. Good question. I'm not sure if it does or doesn't.
Thanks, zadidoll!  I just subscribed to your blog.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Hi everyone! I stumbled upon this forum a couple of days ago as I was searching for information on how Birchbox *REALLY* works, and thought I'd join the group.  I have to say, I had no idea how strategic a beauty subscription program could be!  I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the tips and tricks forum members have posted!    I've been a Birchbox subscriber since July 2012, and am curious about a couple of things I've seen on the forum so far.  1.  How do you know if you get a "punishment" box (which I feel like I have received more than once!) 2.  Does anyone think that your actual purchase history on Birchbox affects your sample boxes? Also, I'm excited that I just saw how to view the different versions of the boxes each month - had no idea there were so many!  I feel like I just solved a mystery!  :policeman: BTW, I got Box 3 for December - which, in my opinion, was a dud.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I would have loved Box 1 or 2.  I'm interested in learning more about how to optimize my Birchbox experience, so I appreciate any feedback anyone can offer! Thanks, and Happy New Year!
I don't think it does. I have seen lots of complaints about people purchasing an item, only to then receive a sample of it later.

Yay I FINALLY gort my invite to join birchbox!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> After reading everyones reviews on it, I was getting soo antsy!

I just have one quick question and I hope it hasn't been already asked. Is there a specific time frame to which you have to review the products by? I only ask because I'm currently overseas (military), and I plan to have my boxes shipped to my home in the states. Would I be able to review the products in my boxes once I get home, or can  you only review the products in the current box?

Yay I FINALLY gort my invite to join birchbox!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> After reading everyones reviews on it, I was getting soo antsy! I just have one quick question and I hope it hasn't been already asked. Is there a specific time frame to which you have to review the products by? I only ask because I'm currently overseas (military), and I plan to have my boxes shipped to my home in the states. Would I be able to review the products in my boxes once I get home, or can  you only review the products in the current box?
Only in the current box. I think they change the boxes over on the 10th of every month now like clockwork (unlike Glossybox, which takes ages, and then they sometimes never bother to load your surveys).

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Only in the current box. I think they change the boxes over on the 10th of every month now like clockwork (unlike Glossybox, which takes ages, and then they sometimes never bother to load your surveys).

Alright thanks!

Hey I was just wondering when you get a renewal email, I am a yearly subscriber and this month is my last month so I was wondering when I would be getting an email to renew.

When do you find out what box number you get? Is it before you get the shipping info or after?

Does anyone know if you can combine your birchbox points with a promo code when placing an order?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes you can.
Awesome, thank you so much! I placed an order but the code didn't say that I would be getting the free samples on the order even though I put in the code, is that normal?

I put in the code and it said code applied but once I placed the order their was no notification that a code was applied.

I've seen people mention things like, "I got my thank you for being with BB for a year!" 

Last month was my 13th BB and I got nothing. No little card, no little key chain or... well, nothing.

Is there typically something? Is it random?

Back