FAQs about Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Anneke V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question - If I buy gift subscriptions for friend will I get BB points? I have a few girlfriends who have recently helped me out and I thought they might enjoy getting the boxes.

Also, is there a place to see the month's boxes by number?

Thanks!
I believe you would get the points for the purchase of the subscriptions (so if it's a three-month subscription, you would get 30 points), but they would get the points for the review portion of the subscription.

As far as the boxes-by-number question goes, there's a locked post for June boxes that has what will be links to the boxes (they aren't up yet), and I think the other monthly threads (May, April, etc.) have links to those boxes on the first posts in each thread.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Anneke V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question - If I buy gift subscriptions for friend will I get BB points? I have a few girlfriends who have recently helped me out and I thought they might enjoy getting the boxes.

Also, is there a place to see the month's boxes by number?

Thanks!
I believe you would get the points for the purchase of the subscriptions (so if it's a three-month subscription, you would get 30 points), but they would get the points for the review portion of the subscription.

As far as the boxes-by-number question goes, there's a locked post for June boxes that has what will be links to the boxes (they aren't up yet), and I think the other monthly threads (May, April, etc.) have links to those boxes on the first posts in each thread.

You do get the points for buying a gift sub. Unless they've changed that in the last month. : )

I've been on the fence about Birchbox for a really long time, but since I've gotten hooked on this subscription thing thanks to Julep Maven, I thought I might at least give it a chance. I signed up for the waitlist last night and found out this morning that I got a spot.

However: From reading the other thread about the June boxes, I have 0 interest in any of the items in the sneak peek, so I'd rather pass on the June box. I'm excited for the Glamour collab in July, though, so I definitely do want that. I know that the FAQ on the website says that you will most likely not get your first box until the month after you sign up, but given that it's June 6th today and boxes ship on the 10th, would I still get the June box?

So, in other words, should I wait until after the 10th to sign up? Are there any consequences to giving up my spot for now and going back on the waitlist? Is the wait typically pretty short, or was it a fluke that I got in after only a day?

So many questions, LOL. 
Newbie.gif

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been on the fence about Birchbox for a really long time, but since I've gotten hooked on this subscription thing thanks to Julep Maven, I thought I might at least give it a chance. I signed up for the waitlist last night and found out this morning that I got a spot.

However: From reading the other thread about the June boxes, I have 0 interest in any of the items in the sneak peek, so I'd rather pass on the June box. I'm excited for the Glamour collab in July, though, so I definitely do want that. I know that the FAQ on the website says that you will most likely not get your first box until the month after you sign up, but given that it's June 6th today and boxes ship on the 10th, would I still get the June box?

So, in other words, should I wait until after the 10th to sign up? Are there any consequences to giving up my spot for now and going back on the waitlist? Is the wait typically pretty short, or was it a fluke that I got in after only a day?

So many questions, LOL. 
Newbie.gif
If you rather pass on it then don't sign up, you can always sign up for the waitlist again. If you were to sign up today it's possible you would get the June box. I'm not 100% about the cut off dates for ordering. There are no consequences for deciding not to sign up and going back later to sign up.

Odd question:

I live in Central NY. Why do they send my box to Ohio first? It took forever to come back from there last month. One day to get there this time...let's see when it comes back.

Not an odd question. It's possible their distribution center in your region is in Ohio. Some companies - like Birchbox and MyGlam - have their distribution centers near their headquarters while other companies have multiple distribution centers around the nation OR might not have their distribution center near them at all.

When I joined Birchbox last September I received 110 points as an annual subscriber... if I renew this August/September will I receive another 110 points for my annual subscription, or is the 110 points for new members only?

Hi, another question about BB gift memberships: for those who have given or received one, what does it look like? Does it just show up in your email, or could the giver put a printout of the gift membership in a card and give it to you to redeem? 

NP

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi, another question about BB gift memberships: for those who have given or received one, what does it look like? Does it just show up in your email, or could the giver put a printout of the gift membership in a card and give it to you to redeem? 

NP
I gave one to my mom and both of those happened. She got an email with our gift note in it and I also printed one out for her mother's day card. Just to warn you...the email got there first even though my confirmation said it wasn't supposed to go out until the day after that!

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I gave one to my mom and both of those happened. She got an email with our gift note in it and I also printed one out for her mother's day card. Just to warn you...the email got there first even though my confirmation said it wasn't supposed to go out until the day after that!
Thanks, good to know! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I noticed too late last month that if I order I can choose a duo of samples.  I missed seeing that when I ordered but do they do that every month?  If I plan to order something from the October box how do I get the additional samples?

I noticed too late last month that if I order I can choose a duo of samples.  I missed seeing that when I ordered but do they do that every month?  If I plan to order something from the October box how do I get the additional samples?
Towards the middle to end of the month, bb usually sends an email about this. It's a new thing, but great way to pick up stuff you wanted, but didn't get.

Does anyone know if you can receive a welcome box even if it isn't your first Birchbox? I got my cousin a 3 month subscription before, and we're going to gift each other for Christmas, but since I have a monthly subscription and she missed a month, would either of us get a welcome box? (I believe she had received a welcome box already.)

Probably not but it would best to ask Birchbox CS about that since I'm not 100% sure.

Silly question I'm sure!  I just gifted myself a BB subscription - something I learned about on here. Thanks!  The welcome box shipped today and I added it to my account.  Am I now going to get duplicate boxes each month?  If so, what should I have done differently? Or, is there a way to change the profile for just the gift at this point?

What Birchbox said about my "can you get a welcome box if it's not your first box" question:

Quote: All gift recipients always receive a 'Welcome Birchbox' for their first delivery. After their first month, your recipient's subscription will fall onto our monthly cycle where their Birchboxes will not only be geared towards their preferences, but will encompass the monthly theme as well.

Currently we do not have a way to opt you out of receiving a Welcome Birchbox as your first box in your gift subscription, even if you are already a subscriber.

Back