Fortune Cookie Soap: Winter Soap Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm going to pick up a couple things in sparky and maybe some more WC since that was nice, I just hated the scent of mine (Jello Surprise).

I should try the conditioner tonight.
That's what I got too & the smell makes me want to vomit. BLECH. 

The conditioner is nice! Not HG status or anything but my hair is super unruly and tangly & it did a nice job of smoothing it out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I think it smells wonderful & Christmassy!

I don't think I'll order anything during the launch.  I have three of the soap box coupons that I need to use though so I'm putting together a Unicorn Farts gift for my sister for Christmas.  

This is my first box from FCS and I have had a lot of fun trying everything. It's my understanding that you can't stack the $10 off and the 20% for the launch, correct?

I am considering just going ahead with my order with the $10 coupon since I'm not really waiting on anything from this collection in particular. I am planning to spend about $50 so the $10 off is about the same as 20%.

I finally went on FCS to order some of the No Good Deed whipped cream and they are out of stock.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   This is the first thing I've ever really wanted to repurchase.  Do you think they will get it back in stock?  Do they usually restock these things?  

I finally went on FCS to order some of the No Good Deed whipped cream and they are out of stock.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   This is the first thing I've ever really wanted to repurchase.  Do you think they will get it back in stock?  Do they usually restock these things?  
They stop stocking the current collection right before they launch the new one..I think the last day to order from the 'Witch Please' line was last Friday. They DO usually pick a few things to make permanent (I saw they're making the Swankified walnut scrub permanent). 

Are you part of the fan group on Facebook? There's always people selling things in there otherwise! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: Actually...wasn't No Good Deed the one they pulled because people had reactions to it? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed my first FCS order! I didn't really need anything from the new collection and there's so much I haven't tried so I just decided to go for it. Has anyone tried their Polyjuice Potion bath bombs? My boyfriend made me order five so I hope they're decent!

Placed my first FCS order! I didn't really need anything from the new collection and there's so much I haven't tried so I just decided to go for it. Has anyone tried their Polyjuice Potion bath bombs? My boyfriend made me order five so I hope they're decent!
I love the PJP bath bombs!  Great scent, and very moisturizing. 

They stop stocking the current collection right before they launch the new one..I think the last day to order from the 'Witch Please' line was last Friday. They DO usually pick a few things to make permanent (I saw they're making the Swankified walnut scrub permanent). 

Are you part of the fan group on Facebook? There's always people selling things in there otherwise! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: Actually...wasn't No Good Deed the one they pulled because people had reactions to it? 
Yes - No Good Deed was discontinued early on.  

Very happy that the walnut scrub is permanent. I hope they'll bring back The Shiz perfume oil. 

Do items usually sell out immediately after the launch? I don't understand why they timed it to coincide with Friday happy hour!!  :angry:   After 5pm, I won't be at a computer again until Saturday morning. 

Ack!  Did they say what was wrong with it?  I haven't had any reaction so thought it was fine.  (I'm usually the canary in the coal mine over here with crazy allergies)  

ETA:  big sigh of relief,  I've been using Green is the new black.  That one was okay right?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Ack!  Did they say what was wrong with it?  I haven't had any reaction so thought it was fine.  (I'm usually the canary in the coal mine over here with crazy allergies)  

ETA:  big sigh of relief,  I've been using Green is the new black.  That one was okay right?  
There were a few people who had red marks from it where they were using it. Almost like a burn. I never had a problem with it & it was one of my favorite scents, but oh well!

Yep, Green Is The New Black was ok! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Ack! Did they say what was wrong with it? I haven't had any reaction so thought it was fine. (I'm usually the canary in the coal mine over here with crazy allergies)

ETA: big sigh of relief, I've been using Green is the new black. That one was okay right?
A couple of people reported reactions to No Good Deed. From what I saw, the reactions were to conditioner bars, and it sounds like one batch had too much cinnamon. FCS contacted everyone who had purchased a No Good Deed conditioner bar and then stopped offering body products in the scent just to be on the safe side. I really wouldn't worry about it.

I bought so many things. Blaming it on the wine. 

1x "Bend Over & I'll Show You" Wax Tart - "Bend Over & I'll Show You" Wax Tart

for $2.00 each 1x "SQUIRREL!" Wax Tart

for $2.00 each 1x "I Pledge Allegiance, Amen!" Mist Me? - 6 oz.

for $9.99 each 1x "Christmas Bonus" Mist Me? - 6 oz.

for $9.99 each 1x "Christmas Bonus" Body Wash - 6 oz.

for $10.99 each 1x "Christmas Bonus" Whipped Cream - 4oz. jar

for $10.99 each 1x "Christmas Bonus" Deep Conditioner Treatment

for $12.99 each 1x "I Pledge Allegiance, Amen!" Hydrate Me

for $9.99 each 1x "I Pledge Allegiance, Amen!" Wax Tart

for $2.00 each 1x "I Pledge Allegiance, Amen!" Body Wash - 6 oz.

for $10.99 each 1x "Sparky" Foaming Hand Soap

for $6.99 each 1x "Sparky" Whipped Cream - 4oz. jar

for $10.99 each 1x "Sparky" Wax Tart

for $2.00 each 1x "Sparky" Body Wash - 6 oz.

for $10.99 each 1x "Sparky" Bar Soap

for $6.95 each 1x "Sparky" Mist Me? - 6 oz.

for $9.99 each

Ah, I can't believe I forgot to post this. They're doing Game of Thrones as the next mini collection!

Tomorrow we will be sneaking a peek for you into the design office while Justin is running an errand (shhhhhhhh!) for an exclusive sneaky-peek at your spring box! In the meantime, WINTER IS COMING and we can't decide on a shape for your winter mini collection fizzy... do we give you House Stark's wolf, House Lannister's lion, or some other shape? 

Ah, I can't believe I forgot to post this. They're doing Game of Thrones as the next mini collection!

Tomorrow we will be sneaking a peek for you into the design office while Justin is running an errand (shhhhhhhh!) for an exclusive sneaky-peek at your spring box! In the meantime, WINTER IS COMING and we can't decide on a shape for your winter mini collection fizzy... do we give you House Stark's wolf, House Lannister's lion, or some other shape? 
HOLY CRAP I NEED ALL THE THINGS

I bought 1 Personal Space (I wanted like 5, but budget constraints) in Halloween Town during the CYO Event. It arrived yesterday dented (how the hell?) and frozen. It's fine now that it thawed. It's my new air freshener at work. I think it's my favorite fragrance ever (next week I'll probably be saying that about Twisted Peppermint or something else). I love it.

Anyone grabbing anything for Black Friday? I wasn't going to, because I just made that massive order on launch day but then I realized if it's buy 2 get 1 free AND I use my $10 coupon, it's almost like buy 1 get 2 free...and I cant pass that up!

So I think I'll grab some more whipped creams...

Latest posts

Back