Glamour Doll Eyes OTM July, 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw, Allison, just so you'll know...I went and bought the January Starlooks Box....I blame you. LOL
hug.gif

Ok, I am home now sooo a little more info + swatches. 

20130713_180759.jpg

20130713_181022.jpg

Like I said, I did order the nail polish separately. So the actual OTM this month is Sherbert (according to the card, it's a shade created by fan Rachel) & Casen (Rachel's color was chosen this month & she is expecting her baby boy Casen in July. So we get an extra color this month!). 

And then it also says 'You get to test out a new Kiss My Sass lipstick this month!' Not sure if everyone gets that or if everyone got the same color?

Swatches above are Casen, Sherbert, & Emma lipstick.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Btw, Allison, just so you'll know...I went and bought the January Starlooks Box....I blame you. LOL
hug.gif
Ohhhh you're gonna love it! I have worn that blush every single day since I got it & the green gem liner is like heaven in stick form. 
biggrin.gif

I ended up receiving my nail polishes today! My polishes and OTM were shipped separately, so the official OTM package is still on the way. I decided to go ahead and throw a few coats on just to see how things go. Not the sort of color I would normally wear, but I had to give it a shot. I can't get the photo to come out true to color (a bit too yellow), and I'm too drained to try to fight for better color, but it does dry a bit matte, so if you want those microshimmers to really stand out, top coat is definitely necessary. I do hope the full line of polishes are in these little 5ml bottles. It's just easier to collect them all when they're small and adorable like this.

Mine arrived today! Gah, are you *serious*? I just happened to be on a hunt for the perfect shimmery coral eyeshadow, and then this happened. BUT THEN. I'm also on a major frosty turquoise kick, and I have a few that are close but not just right that I was willing to settle for because they were close enough, and then *this* happened. I have officially already gotten my six months' worth (because that blush from May!), and I still have two months left on my sub.

Mine finally arrived today! I'd been getting so impatient because mine usually gets here quickly but the USPS is moving soooo slowly lately :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But I loooove it! I'm in love with both shadows, and the coral is dfferent than anything I own :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My OTM always arrive a day later then my ipsybag
wub.gif
Still makes my day. I have to set my final exam studies aside to play with the eyeshadow, they are so pretty and perfect for summer!

I got a Emma for my lipstick sample

Has anyone else tried the nail polish yet? I am SUPER impressed with it. On Sunday I put 2 coats on without a base or topcoat, just to quick post pictures on my blog and it still looks perfect! No chips or anything at all. Amazing considering the amount of cleaning & yard work I have done this week. 

I hope they come out with more of these. I will buy all of them! 
biggrin.gif

Love these colors but I'm afraid that Sherbert won't be used by me other than mixed with a clear lip gloss.

Over SauceBox Cosmetics eyeshadow base (Casen & Sherbert left) & Urban Decay Cosmetics Primer Potion (Casen & Sherbert right).

Top: Direct sunlight
Bottom: Indirect sunlight

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love these colors but I'm afraid that Sherbert won't be used by me other than mixed with a clear lip gloss.

Over SauceBox Cosmetics eyeshadow base (Casen & Sherbert left) & Urban Decay Cosmetics Primer Potion (Casen & Sherbert right).

Top: Direct sunlight

Bottom: Indirect sunlight
I just do not know what to with Sherbert beyond what you mentioned. I am totally open to ideas though! :)

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just do not know what to with Sherbert beyond what you mentioned. I am totally open to ideas though! :)
I'm going to try it as a lipgloss and nail polish topper. MAYBE a blush as well.

I love orangey colors like this in the crease over navy on my lids (and sometimes a yellow as a brow bone highlight) because it reminds me of a sunrise flipped upside down, although I wore it on my lids today using a shimmery brown UD shadow pencil (Rehab, maybe?  I think I got it during the inventory closure special gift deal, so this was whatever they sent out for that promo) as a sort of primer and then in the crease over actual primer with no color under it.  I really like wearing a super bright color in the crease.  I plan on wearing it there again tomorrow with Casen on my lids.  It's summer, damn it, and I *will* wear office-inappropriate eye-searing bright colors as pretty much my one nod to the season.  (I *hate* summer and usually go to extremes to pretend it's not actually happening.)  

(It helps that I'm *very* nearsighted and wear glasses, so I can justify going bolder -- color, amount, thickness of liner -- on eye makeup color than people who don't have an industrial-strength prescription.  I *have* to wear bright colors!  The makeup advice people say so!)

Here's an example of what I do:
This is Casen on the lid, Sherbert in the crease, and Flawless on the brow bone. Which might look like ALL THE COLOR (on my eyes at least. SO PASTY everywhere else!), but this is what it looks like when my eyes are open:
The camera flipped one of these images, which makes it look like these are different eyes, but they're both my right eye today. (And, no, I *don't* believe in grooming my eyebrows!)

Thanks Meagan! It helps to have a visual of the colors together.  You are I are both quite fair (not pasty ;-) with dark brown eyes :)

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's an example of what I do:

This is Casen on the lid, Sherbert in the crease, and Flawless on the brow bone. Which might look like ALL THE COLOR (on my eyes at least. SO PASTY everywhere else!), but this is what it looks like when my eyes are open:

The camera flipped one of these images, which makes it look like these are different eyes, but they're both my right eye today. (And, no, I *don't* believe in grooming my eyebrows!)

I wore Sherbert and Casen together yesterday, too, but I did the reverse of Meagan's :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (obviously I have no issue with color overload...I wear scrubs to work every day, I have to do SOMETHING to avoid dying of boredom.)

Ooh, I love Casen under your eye! I'm looking forward to the end of forest fire season so I can wear color there again (fire season = watery eyes like whoa, which turns into eye liner on tissues instead of on me).

Your eyes are such a pretty color!  I love seeing these pics!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wore Sherbert and Casen together yesterday, too, but I did the reverse of Meagan's :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (obviously I have no issue with color overload...I wear scrubs to work every day, I have to do SOMETHING to avoid dying of boredom.)

Back