Glamour Doll Eyes!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the order I placed last weekend (two sample jars and a HydraGlaze, and then I also received the March GWP shadow and a free extra jar due to a one-day promo. Side note: The March GWP is *gorgeous*! For once, the swatch photo on the site does a good job of capturing its beauty, but it's still somehow even more awesome live and in-person), and there's a card in there for the Spring Fling collection. It has pictures of *eight* shadows, and there will be HydraGlazes, blushes, and cream shadows, all plural! Two more weeks until it goes live!

I am waiting on my GDE order (should be here tomorrow). It's good to know about the GWP, so far I've loved all of the one I have. New addiction!

I just got the order I placed last weekend (two sample jars and a HydraGlaze, and then I also received the March GWP shadow and a free extra jar due to a one-day promo. Side note: The March GWP is *gorgeous*! For once, the swatch photo on the site does a good job of capturing its beauty, but it's still somehow even more awesome live and in-person), and there's a card in there for the Spring Fling collection. It has pictures of *eight* shadows, and there will be HydraGlazes, blushes, and cream shadows, all plural! Two more weeks until it goes live!
I'm excited to hear that there's cream eyeshadows! I made my first GDE order last month and a sample of a cream eyeshadow was included. I love it, so I'll definitely be making another order when the spring collection releases.

I really need to check these out now.. wow!!
smilehappyyes.gif

Spring Fling is up! I snagged all eight shadows and the HydraGlazes but passed on the blush and cream shadows. I'm not big on powder blush, and I don't feel strongly enough about cream shadow to get those.

Crossposted to the Eyeshadow Mania thread. Glamour Doll Eyes Spring Fling '14 collection, shadows and HydraGlazes only.

• Top row, L to R: Longing for Spring (March 2014 GWP, which I am considering an honorary Spring Fling shade), Flourish Hydraglaze, and Morning Glory HydraGlaze.
  • Second row, L to R: Delilah, Disguise, Evacuate.
  • Third row, L to R: In Memory and Marquee.
  • Bottom row, L to R: Old Money, Pipe Dream, and Surrogate.
And a story. Okay. GDE Spring Fling order received. Colors swatched. Oof, I love metallic minty greens to begin with, and In Memory is *gorgeous*. Quite possibly my favorite! Oh, hey, I should take a picture of all of the jars! So I took them into the bathroom so the kitties wouldn't knock them over, plus the lighting is better in the bathroom. As I was trying to put the lid back on In Memory (too appropriate), it flipped out of my hands, hit the side of the bathtub, and fell on the floor next to the toilet. I'm not using that one. I might wash/boil/sterilize (yay, greater-than-95% pure rubbing alcohol!) the jar to use for something else, but the contents? No. Replacement order already completed. On the up side, GDE shipping is *speedy* (I already have the shipping notice. It took a whole two minutes after I placed the order. Is that an automated shipping system or something that generates tracking within minutes of ordering, or is this a company run by Time Lords who can loop back to get things done?), so I should have that replacement shortly, and I do have a baggie sample of this one from my March OTM (I had been planning on saving it to pass on to someone else who needed to experience this beauty) if I really need to wear it before the order arrives.

Wow that mint green shade is amazing :love:
Yeah. And it's *all over* my sink, counter, mirror, face oils, toilet, lotion, probably toothbrush... Basically, everything but the cats because they're not allowed in the bathroom when I deal with makeup. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The photos do not do justice to any of these shades. They are *sparkly*! ETA: Pipe Dream looks black in the photo, but it's deep sparkly purple in person!

I just received my sample grab bag (first ever order) and holy crap where have these been all my life?! I can't wait for the subs to open so I can try to snag one!

I just received my sample grab bag (first ever order) and holy crap where have these been all my life?! I can't wait for the subs to open so I can try to snag one!
Set an alarm. 11:55am Pacific time on the 8th. Sign in. If you're ordering anything else, have it in your cart already. Go to OTM page and wait. Watch the clock until it flips over to noon. Refresh the page. Grab the longest subscription available and immediately check out, preferably via PayPal to avoid miskeying your CC number. Seriously. Slots have been known to fill up within minutes. Cartjacking is not uncommon.

Ooh, you guys, I won a set of stuff from GDE via Facebook, and one of the items I received was a clamshell sample of Homicide, a HydraGlaze from the upcoming Deadly Hollywood collection.  My lighting is so crappy right now that I have given up on getting a decent picture, but this is a sort of warm cherry shade.  It looks really vibrant in the container, but it's just a nice sheer wash of color on.  I love it and will be buying it as soon as this collection goes live!  There's just something about the HydraGlaze formula that keeps me coming back to work on collecting every single shade.

(I also won jars of Mannequin, Sarcasm, Show Off, and Polish My Halo blush/highlighter.  I had sample jars of all three of the shadows already, but I've had Mannequin on my upgrade-to-jar list for a while, browns have been getting a lot of use as crease colors for me lately, and I've been eyeing -- but hadn't gotten around to buying -- Polish My Halo since it was released, so this is very exciting!  I'm looking forward to figuring out how much highlighter shimmer is too much this weekend!) 

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ooh, you guys, I won a set of stuff from GDE via Facebook, and one of the items I received was a clamshell sample of Homicide, a HydraGlaze from the upcoming Deadly Hollywood collection.  My lighting is so crappy right now that I have given up on getting a decent picture, but this is a sort of warm cherry shade.  It looks really vibrant in the container, but it's just a nice sheer wash of color on.  I love it and will be buying it as soon as this collection goes live!  There's just something about the HydraGlaze formula that keeps me coming back to work on collecting every single shade.

(I also won jars of Mannequin, Sarcasm, Show Off, and Polish My Halo blush/highlighter.  I had sample jars of all three of the shadows already, but I've had Mannequin on my upgrade-to-jar list for a while, browns have been getting a lot of use as crease colors for me lately, and I've been eyeing -- but hadn't gotten around to buying -- Polish My Halo since it was released, so this is very exciting!  I'm looking forward to figuring out how much highlighter shimmer is too much this weekend!) 
Congrats!!!  That is a really fun haul.  I feel in love with their Spring Collection, and bought quite a lot at their flash sale over the weekend!

Ooh, it looks like my April OTM should be delivered today, so I'm posting this to tide over my wanna-post-colors itch!  Even though I was fully aware that I would hate it (not my kind of colors), I got the Matte 2 Masculine collection because I am a completist and must own one of every GDE color possible.  I actually dig Facade because it verges on fuchsia on me, and Irrational will be a great autumn color, but overall, do not like, simply due to my preferences.  I am not one bit disappointed in them, though, and I think they really represent the concept well.  I'm looking forward to seeing the Matte 2 Feminine set next month because I have a feeling those *will* be my sort of thing!  And swatches (all over NYX Milk pencil this time around:
Top row l to r:  Arrogant, Chivalrous, Courageous, Facade, Fearless Bottom row l to r:  Reckless, Thoughtless, Inconsiderate, Irrational, Presumptuous The random shade in the middle under everything else:  #flashbackfriday, the April GWP I think my favorite shade out of all of these is actually the GWP!  The photo actually picked up a bit of the red sparkle for a change, and I think it's ever so slightly lighter and brighter in person.  Very pretty and springy!  Although the M2M colors all have matte bases, they do have sheens that make them more interesting than a plain old matte.  Reckless is extra interesting because it's a matte orange with a blue sheen, and because it's blue against orange, the sheen actually looks purple.  Although I don't like the colors, I knew this before I ordered, and I knew I *would* eventually be ordering them, so I'm glad I went ahead and got them this month so I could get the order over with before going back to finish collecting all of the fun stuff I *actually* want.  It's like eating nasty overcooked broccoli drowned in Velveeta sauce (I thought I *hated* that stuff due to my mother's preparation method -- which the rest of the family loved -- until I was in my 30s and tried some that had been lightly steamed and seasoned one day) so you can get to the yummy mac'n'cheese/turkey/etc. (we were strangely not a dessert family, so that wasn't an incentive.  My mom stopped making it when I was a kid because my brother and I wouldn't eat it!). 

Back