Glossybox January 2016 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my box today.  I don't think the primer is full size - it seems to be about 0.5 oz.  I'm curious to try it, but I don't like that we were led to believe we were receiving the full size.

My favorite item is the hair clarifying treatment, even though I know it's the least expensive by far.  I've been looking for a new clarifier, so I'm excited to try this one.

The two creams are useful, but kind of boring since we get so many in subscription boxes.  Also, I thought it was weird to receive two in the same box.

The lip crayon isn't drying so that's awesome, but it's not opaque enough for me.

My box arrived today, I got the Venitian Grove hand cream, it's very fragrant. I would have loved a lemon or vanilla scented one. I think I'll try to find them on the swaps.

Today is my birthday and I got an email from Glossybox saying they were giving me 500 Glossydots. I don't remember them doing that before. Has anyone else received Glossydots on their birthday?
Happy birthday. Yes I got an email in July saying I would get the points, I didn't get them until December, LOL. I guess they realized they forgot.

Today is my birthday and I got an email from Glossybox saying they were giving me 500 Glossydots. I don't remember them doing that before. Has anyone else received Glossydots on their birthday?
Happy birthday! Yes, I got 500 dots in November. I was a bit surprised, and looked at my points history, and in November 2014 I had received 100 points for my birthday. Guess they decided to step it up!

Happy Birthday. I got 100 glossydots on my birthday at the beginning of October. I was expecting them. I don't think I got an email notification, it just noted that they were given for my birthday on the glossydots page. That was about a week before I paid for a year sub, so I was a month to month subscriber. I had only been subbing since April, so for 6 months at that time. I do not know how they calculate but I knew around the time I got the 100 I knew others got 500 for their birthday who had been subbing longer. Not sure if they were on year subs or not, but probably. 

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!!

It makes sense that a newer subscriber would get 100 and someone that's been around longer would get 500. I've been a month to month subscriber for about two years. It's pretty cool since I had just shy of 1000 points before this, so this will get me a free box and a nice head start on another freebie. 

I am hoping I don't get aced out on this box.  I got ship conf on 1/7 w/ a due date of 1/15.  My boxes are always a couple of days ahead of the due dates.  Well. per USPS my box has not moved sinve 1/7 and Newgistics says there's "an error locating the tracking number".  I messaged them via FB and I am hoping they can remedy this before they sell out. I was actually fairly excited for this box this month so I hope it gets worked out or it's on my porch when I get home.  1st world problems.

I am hoping I don't get aced out on this box. I got ship conf on 1/7 w/ a due date of 1/15. My boxes are always a couple of days ahead of the due dates. Well. per USPS my box has not moved sinve 1/7 and Newgistics says there's "an error locating the tracking number". I messaged them via FB and I am hoping they can remedy this before they sell out. I was actually fairly excited for this box this month so I hope it gets worked out or it's on my porch when I get home. 1st world problems.
My fingers are crossed!

I got 200 points for my Bday in october, and my mother also received 200 points in December. We haven't been with Glossybox for long so maybe that's why we 'only' received 200? Either way, won't complain!

My fingers are crossed!
Thanks.  I heard back from them and they are checking in to what's going on with the PO.  I asked them to PLEASE make sure I get this box one way or another because it's one I think I'll actually use.  They said it would take a few days to get back to me and, therefore, there lies my concern.  I have about 4000 points.  Maybe I'll just order another one with points just to make sure I get one.

Still no resolution.  I initially contacted them 8 days ago and have followed up about 3 times.  They are still "looking into it".  It has been off the tracking radar for a full 21 days now. I am now annoyed because I am fairly certain I will NOT get this box.  Why can't they just send a new one??

ETA:  I just saw they replied to my earlier post asking for me to message them my email address.  Hopefully, it means they are sending me a new one.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no resolution.  I initially contacted them 8 days ago and have followed up about 3 times.  They are still "looking into it".  It has been off the tracking radar for a full 21 days now. I am now annoyed because I am fairly certain I will NOT get this box.  Why can't they just send a new one??

ETA:  I just saw they replied to my earlier post asking for me to message them my email address.  Hopefully, it means they are sending me a new one.  
They are FINALLY sending me a new box.   :smilehappyyes:

Back