Glossybox July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I need another spoiler before I resubscribe, even with eBates and a promo code. June was the worst ever for me. At the rate they sent my June box, I could just wait until everyone else got their box before mine packed ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Emily Streeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New to MUT. Been stalking your group long enough to have been thrilled to sign up for my first box, only to then become somewhat disillusioned with the whole Bondi "Glossygate" fiasco. Got my box today and I was actually pleased. Looking forward to July's, but a little surprised that the sneak preview item is from last month's UK box. Is that pretty normal for GB? Will they likely copy more items from that box to this one?
It's pretty rare for us to get the same items from other countries. I can only think of one other time it happened and that was the Burberry lipstick. Sometimes I wished it happened more. I seem to always love the UK boxes!

To the July Glossybox!

bud.gif

It's pretty rare for us to get the same items from other countries. I can only think of one other time it happened and that was the Burberry lipstick. Sometimes I wished it happened more. I seem to always love the UK boxes!
the international boxes are phenomenal. they always get special packaging. the uk july box is aqua blue with pretty starfish and coral prints. why not us?! they're also sent more full sized items...grrr.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To the July Glossybox!

bud.gif
I went and did a one-year sub when the 20% 'STARS' code came out over Independence Day!  There were certainly no independence from my subscription addictions...
fuercht.gif

I figure with the coupon code and the tiny $2.75 from eBate, the $220 for the year was dropped to $173.25, making each box around $15 a month, which is a good deal.  It'll save me time in hunting for coupon codes regularly. 

Now all I got to do is sit back and enjoy... my ramen noodles and peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches for the next two weeks.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UGHGHHLSDJF The burberry lipstick is what got me to sign up. I wish it would somehow appear in my box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I cancelled earlier today, got a sorry you cancelled e-mail and just now I got an order confirmation e-mail.
frown.gif

UGHGHHLSDJF The burberry lipstick is what got me to sign up. I wish it would somehow appear in my box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I got a Burberry lipstick from GB US about a year ago so it's definitely possible !!

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it is any consolation, the lipstick is tiny and I actually like some less expensive brands I have gotten through Ipsy better!

Of course, I did get a FS Vincent Longo lipstick from GB that is miraculous.

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I cancelled earlier today, got a sorry you cancelled e-mail and just now I got an order confirmation e-mail.
frown.gif
I'd email them with a screen shot of the cancel confirmation and then call them asking them to reference your latest email and just be gentle but very firm.

They won't let go of their money too easily and I really don't agree with how they handle these matters, especially since they allow themselves the liberty of delivering boxes with such lateness due to sloppy business negotiations practices with their partners.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it is any consolation, the lipstick is tiny and I actually like some less expensive brands I have gotten through Ipsy better!

Of course, I did get a FS Vincent Longo lipstick from GB that is miraculous.
I think I collect tiny lipsticks/makeup... lol 

I think I missed out on the Longo lipstick too. I think I got whatever alternative it was for that month. Pooo...

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a Burberry lipstick from GB US about a year ago so it's definitely possible !!
I signed up the month after burberry but thought I was signing up for that month lol

Well shoot!  I thought I cancelled my glossybox sub but I got the email this morning saying they charged me again.  I'm kinda glad. haha.

Got the survey in the mail. ONLY 40 POINTS?! That's it!! It's about Sebastian product! Gessh. I wonder if they're gonna try upload more surveys to earn more points for other products? I'm defintely hooked on C. Booth Dry Oil.. One of the best out of everything. Kinda disappointed about Tarte. I tried to like it.. OK Sorry This is supposed to be on June Post. ok 

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got the survey in the mail. ONLY 40 POINTS?! That's it!! It's about Sebastian product! Gessh. I wonder if they're gonna try upload more surveys to earn more points for other products? I'm defintely hooked on C. Booth Dry Oil.. One of the best out of everything. Kinda disappointed about Tarte. I tried to like it.. OK Sorry This is supposed to be on June Post. ok 
EDIT: EMAIL!

Hi All!! This is my official FIRST post on MUT!!  I cancelled my GB on Monday. It didn't really "WOW" me for $21! I don't like how late their boxes arrive,( even though they sent an email about the polish snafu), and I definitely didn't care for the whole "Bondi Polish" drama.

I had also sent a gift GB to a friend, and there was no email/gift card or anything stating it was from me. They also left out the ModelCo eyeshadow that I used a promo code for. If by chance they try to woo me back with a promo code, I might consider it. I have never heard of ebates, but after reading these posts, I'm going to look into it! 

The Sebastian survey for 40 glossydots today gave me the 30 I needed for my 1000 dots to get a box free.  I know you have to have an active subscription to redeem with dots but if you reactivate doesn't it charge your CC immediately?  I just want to cash in my 1000 dots and be done with them.  Any help or advice offered is appreciated!  TIA!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Sebastian survey for 40 glossydots today gave me the 30 I needed for my 1000 dots to get a box free.  I know you have to have an active subscription to redeem with dots but if you reactivate doesn't it charge your CC immediately?  I just want to cash in my 1000 dots and be done with them.  Any help or advice offered is appreciated!  TIA!
When  you reactivate an account, you can opt to pay for the box with points BUTTTTTT you better remember to cancel otherwise they will charge you the following month for another box. at least I think that's what happened to me.

Back