Glossybox March 2014 (spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurlaur /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First spoiler!
The product got me excited, but 0.38 ounces? For a mask, that's like 2 (maybe 3) uses. That doesn't make me feel great about spending $21. Hoping this isn't the highlight of the box and something more significant is to come.

I agree it's small, but if you don't see results in 2 or 3 uses for a product this $$$ then I would never purchase it. So I'm okay with the size. Honestly at this price I better love it after the first use! 

I just recently found this forum and got my first Glossybox in January because I was so excited about the Beauty Blender. I just unsubed since my box didn't ship out until 2/26 and I'm not thrilled with some of the items, which I finally got today.

I also got an email from Glossybox today that others have gotten with the Sisley spoiler. I have a question: I noticed at the bottom of the email is a graphic with silhouettes of other products. It seemed when something like this was showing on their website during Jan, it represented the products we'd be getting. It looks like the mask is on the left with a mascara, beauty blender (?!), OPI polish and a lipstick. Could those be the products for the March box?

Also, is there a thread for people to swap things they didn't like in their boxes?

@bichonmom, no, that is just a graphic.  May or may not be an indication of what is in the glossybox.  We did get a beauty blender in January, so I would say that graphic is not our march box hints.

@bichonmom I believe that's just their stock graphic. 

@amygab1126 totally agree, it's a little ridiculous how small that sample size is going to be. I bet it will be the ~big ticket~ item too as full size is $158. 

The epionce sample they sent before was really tiny, but it actually lasted for more uses than I expected. (Over a week, I think.) Maybe this will be similar. 

I'm bummed it's such a small sample, but I would rather get a high quality product I'll actually use in a smaller size than a large product that I'll never use. So I guess that is the silver lining.

I just ordered my first Glossybox with the GBFRESH code. Really excited to get the Fresh cream sample as it is one of my fave moisturizers and I have run out of this one and would love a replacement without having to buy it. Also, I am excited to try out such a high end face mask that I would likely NEVER purchase at that retail price. I can't wait to see what else we get. So excited for this sub. 

I don't think the Sisley will be the "big ticket item, because $26 is a common price point for Glossybox." Does anyone remember the survey we took last month with the question about "high-end deluxe-sized samples" vs. "Full-size fair-priced items?" Perhaps most people voted for high-end? Any thoughts? I clicked, "I don't know..." because I see the value in both.

I'm psyched, because even if the sample is small, brands like SIsely are the reason I signed up for Glossybox, not Be a...Bombshell. I'd rather have a tiny Sisely sample than a full size BAB product any day of the week.
Me too! It's why I love this box so much. I've been able to try so many high end products I never would have bought on my own. Whether I like them or not, I still enjoy trying and the ones I know I won't use make great little gifts and stocking stuffers.

I just ordered my first Glossybox with the GBFRESH code. Really excited to get the Fresh cream sample as it is one of my fave moisturizers and I have run out of this one and would love a replacement without having to buy it. Also, I am excited to try out such a high end face mask that I would likely NEVER purchase at that retail price. I can't wait to see what else we get. So excited for this sub. 
I skipped a couple of months only because I have too many beauty products that I need to get through. Glossy and Popsugar are my absolute fave subs because of the value & quality products. I really wish I had checked the thread before getting all crazy overcome with the spoiler. That Fresh cream would have been a nice bonus! Oh well, still happy. I hope you enjoy your 1st box!

Quote: Originally Posted by jzim291 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't think the Sisley will be the "big ticket item, because $26 is a common price point for Glossybox." Does anyone remember the survey we took last month with the question about "high-end deluxe-sized samples" vs. "Full-size fair-priced items?" Perhaps most people voted for high-end? Any thoughts? I clicked, "I don't know..." because I see the value in both.
I had a hard time answering that as well, I had to click I don't know. I love trying a $$$ item that I wouldn't just walk by and buy, but I love having a full size to test a product long term. I say give us both in every box!

763412886c2d61c195b16926c398d6d3_102600.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by MissKris17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hmmm... I don't know anything about this. But assuming I like the scent, I'd prefer the body mist.
Me either! Has anyone tried anything by this brand? 

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

763412886c2d61c195b16926c398d6d3_102600.jpg

not especially excited about any of these three, but i love masks, so i was basically going to get this box unless the second spoiler was terrible... i'll use any of these so that's enough for me, and i caved after several months off from glossybox.  now i want to know what else is going to be in it!

I wonder what the scent will be? I don't use bar soap and I've never used mist so I would be okay with the lotion or mist just to try. Assuming they smell good. But their design makes me think stale haha.

This is what their site says about Scent 7

True • Natural • Beauty

Alex and Ani creates sustainable products with love and (+) Energy. Inspired by True Natural Beauty, each product encourages the individual to re-energize and explore the sheer power of positivity.

Here's what they say about the body mist:

Scent 7 Body Mist has been created with the four elemental energies of earth, air, fire and water. This enchanting fragrance radiates soft warmth that flows through the energy sources of the body, encouraging emotional balance along with a sense of ease and comfort to the body and mind.

Really doesn't help to tell us what it smells like. How do you sell a fragrance online when you don't describe the scent?

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder what the scent will be?

I don't use bar soap and I've never used mist so I would be okay with the lotion or mist just to try. Assuming they smell good. But their design makes me think stale haha.

I just looked on the Alex and Ani website to see if they described the scent, and for all three items it just says that it "embodies earth, wind, fire and water". So yeah, guess we will have to wait to find out for ourselves.

Back