Glossybox May 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was delivered today, I wonder if the "overpriced" serum is in my box????  But I also don't know about the self- tanner either.  Can't wait to see!

I got the self tanner, which I will not use. It's not new to me, but I love the benefit mascara. Will try the other stuff. Not my favorite box, but okay.

Am I the only one who received the Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging cream? I also got the Zensation foam, the Nioxin, Benefit mascara, and the Talika. Overall I'm happy with this box!

The Adore serum? I cannot with this scammy dirtbag company. Has anyone else read the ingredients? I put a bit on my finger to feel the consistency and knew immediately it was full of silicones before even looking. First of many bad ingredients? Silicones like dimethicone and cheap filler oils. Silicone primers are one thing, I don't want or need it in a serum. What makes them think everyone is stupid? I can read ingredients lists ya dummies! Tossed down the sink and recycled...

Just read a long article on independent(dot)com about the gross Dead Sea/Vine Vera/Orogold/Adore company alleging no permits for stores, illegal workers, illegal and unethical tactics and outright lies. Why GB is in bed with these dirtbags is beyond me. Here's a few paragraphs of their shenanigans

"There are also allegations of outright deception and fraud. Dead Sea Cosmetics–affiliated kiosks were kicked out of New Zealand entirely when workers there convinced an autistic man to buy $4,400 worth of merchandise and, in another instance, sold $17,000 worth of products to a man with short-term memory loss who couldn't remember purchases he had made just moments earlier. Closer to home, an elderly woman with Alzheimer's — the mother of a downtown employee working next to one of the cosmetic stores — was reportedly swindled out of $800.

A September 2014 article in The Times of Israel took an investigative look at the proliferation of suspicious Dead Sea Cosmetics–related businesses around the world. The story details how many young Israelis pursue work with the companies to pay for their post-army travels, and how the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Department of Labor has been investigating the organizations since at least 2007."

@@Krystyn Lowe Yes, it's so insane! I've detailed my experiences in both an Orogold and an Adore "boutique" elsewhere on this site:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/138358-glossybox-december-2015-spoilers/?p=2411874

I get more and more disturbed thinking about when the saleswoman at Adore claimed it was "impossible" for anyone to be allergic to their products. That's straight up foolywang, but as she's assuming a position of "expert" in the interaction, a more...shall we say, trusting consumer might see no reason not to believe her, and could have a serious, potentially fatal, allergic reaction.  But the saleswoman sees the customers strolling through the mall in the exact same way her employers see her - which is, just barely. 

These scammy outfits reveal the worst aspects of human nature - their entire success is based on deception, exploitation, and selfishness. The employees deceive, cheat, and potentially endanger the customer, while in turn the owners of the companies mislead, exploit, and potentially endanger the employees, the majority of whom are working illegally and hired on false premises. Some of them don't even earn an hourly wage - just commissions.  For both the corporate bigwig recruiting and exploiting young workers and the saleswoman desperate to earn commission on 2oz of perfumed silicone sold at a 1000% mark-up, getting through the workweek, making a profit, and collecting a paycheck are all that matters - no thought is given to the real human unhappiness that is spread by what each is doing. 

Yeah, their involvement with these scammy companies is part of the reason why I chose to not renew my 6-month subscription. I gave the Vine Vera creams they sent me one star and I also included criticism of the company and Glossybox's involvement with them in my overall review for the box. I wonder if that's why they sent me the Estee Lauder cream instead of Adore. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, their involvement with these scammy companies is part of the reason why I chose to not renew my 6-month subscription. I gave the Vine Vera creams they sent me one star and I also included criticism of the company and Glossybox's involvement with them in my overall review for the box. I wonder if that's why they sent me the Estee Lauder cream instead of Adore.
I'm glad to hear you voiced this - I've sent them two emails (one in December, re: Orogold, and one March re: Vine-Vera), but they have not been acknowledged more than a generic "we value your feedback" response. I left a comment on MSA specifically for "Gabrielle" - we'll see if it gets acknowledged there.

I did not get the Adore serum either - I got the self tanner, which I won't use, since I don't use tanning products (but at least I can, in good conscience, pass the self tanner along to someone else). I WISH I'd gotten the Estée Lauder cream! I think I already received that particular product in my November box though.

I bought a year of Glossybox on Gilt City, so I'm subscribed until December (by which point I'll have accumulated enough "dots" for at least 3 more boxes, if my math is right). But they'll be hearing from me every time they partner with one of these outfits.

Back