Glossybox May 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my! Glossy Box is protecting its brand on social by saying ‘the customer isn’t always right’

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2016/05/25/glossy-box-protecting-its-brand-social-saying-customer-isn-t-always-right

Just gonna leave that right there....
Wowwww. I have no words. She sounds aggressive and rude. I think I'm done with this company, the last six months have pretty much sucked for me anyway. I have three free boxes I just asked to get for June, July and August and then I'm OUT! I hope they're reading comments on here. I really do. The main reason I'm leaving is them partnering with this disgusting Orogold, et al company. Then this just tipped the scales. Bye Felicia!

In some ways I agree, the customer isn't always right. The groups on facebook are filled with women who go looking for a reason to be mad at a cashier/employee/store/company. They get on FB complain about how they were treated poorly at a store/by a service (which may or may not be true) and the first comment, followed by several others are "call corporate!" "get a gift card" "get that b- fired" They call or email customer service and their anger is assuaged with a $25 gift card (or what have you).....once someone is successful at it, it just breeds the same behavior...lather, rinse, repeat x potentially thousands of customers.

On the other hand, I've never known GB's customer service to be all that stellar to begin with, they're rather lackadaisical with their response times and usually have a "here pick a product to make you happy" approach to solve customer problems.

I think there is a happy medium that can resolve a customers problem without having to throw free product/gift cards or other merch at customers, I think the free product, credit or merch is just the cheapest and easiest way to appease angry customers while keeping the money. Refunds are probably the most effective way to get rid of abusive customers, just give them their money back and make them go away. But I don't see a lot of businesses thrilled with the idea of refunding customers. I know my own job, we hardly if ever offer refunds. But if someone is truly un-able to be satisfied, refunding their money and saying sorry we don't want you as a customer anymore maybe the only solution?

I finally got my box. Here is a pic

image.jpeg

I agree that social media is full of constantly negative complainers, sometimes I have to shake my head at people getting so bent out of shape over a sub box that's supposed to be fun, like maybe subs just aren't for gay person! But the way this was worded, to me, sounded like "screw the customer". I've seen women (one in particular) on FB get so much free crap from Sephora and Nordstrom because she complains incessantly and demands stuff for things like a package being banged up a but or two hours late or whatever she can make up. It p!sses me off because we ALL eat the cost of it, don't get me started on the constant returners who abuse a stores return policy by returning stuff that's almost all used or any other lame reasons. Ugh. And everyone wonders why stuff is expensive. This is written into the cost. Sorry off topic a bit, lol!

I'm looking forward to using the Rituals Zensation shower gel. I love the brand. I'll use the Talika product too.

Back