Glossybox November 2014 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is the last reveal, Glossy?   I think we knew all of October's contents by the 6th.    Maybe the last item is a super-dee-duper product that they want us suffer for. 

I'm disappointed I'm glossy because I feel like they could do better (I mean this is supposed to be a luxury box), but at the same time I will more than likely use all of the products. I'm hoping the last item is really good though!

So I got an early review box today, but reading through here has me confused!  I didn't get the eyeliner or the Burt's Bees.  ETA: I believe that was a spoiler for the UK box. Here is what I received:
IMG_2668.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!! NO. BLACK. EYELINER!! I'm so happy! Oh and I just received a shipping notice on my Glossybox! It might even beat my Ipsy bag!

@@JenniferV - Thank you for giving us a preview. Its been crickets around here for this box.

This is a complete switcheroo.  

Edited to say:  GB Facebook is void of any mention of Burt's Bees or the eye liner.

I can't decidei if I want to resub.  I only broke up with GB to avoid being charged for a 3 month sub.  But, I can't let GB go.  First boxes are the hardest.  I would like a different code as I am usually a $21 a month gal and watch as other gals get their boxes with great codes.  The alexandani code is meh for me.  I have enough of those bracelets.  So, whats a girl to do?  Maybe a "break" for a month.  I hooked up with Birchbox this month to fill the void.

@@JenniferV - Thank you for giving us a preview. Its been crickets around here for this box.

This is a complete switcheroo.  

Edited to say:  GB Facebook is void of any mention of Burt's Bees or the eye liner.
I really think the Burt's Bees and the eyeliner was a UK sneak peek!  I bet we will see that appear in the UK Glossybox's on Instagram!

@@JenniferV ~ Thanks again for the info. That makes sense. I read your review on your awesome blog (not my first visit). It helped me make my decision for this month.

I dumped GB for BB... BB's customer service is like night and day compared with GB's.

I can't decidei if I want to resub.  I only broke up with GB to avoid being charged for a 3 month sub.  But, I can't let GB go.  First boxes are the hardest.  I would like a different code as I am usually a $21 a month gal and watch as other gals get their boxes with great codes.  The alexandani code is meh for me.  I have enough of those bracelets.  So, whats a girl to do?  Maybe a "break" for a month.  I hooked up with Birchbox this month to fill the void.

@@liilak ~ I am looking forward to my first BB box. I hope to become a fan. Can't beat the price.

The real test for me is the products. I just posted in the "used it up thread" and many of the products came from glossy. Yesterday, I was researching where I could replace a product I got from GB in April. So, GB has been very, very, good to me.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

@@Kookymama Hmm the problem with  me with GB (aside from their horrendous CS) is that if I don't like a product I have a giant bottle of it to get rid of of.  Whereas with BB the sample sizes are way smaller but if I like something I can buy the full size in their store and I get points.  It just seems less wasteful, and of course BB is half the price.

@@liilak ~ I get ya. I love a deluxe sample. I enjoy mixing up my products. When I can finish something and pop open something else I am thrilled.

Just got my box delivered in the fridget cold by the brave folks of Fedex, guess they picked up the last mile, though the box says Newgistics.

I like the box quite a bit!  The hair stuff and the bath soak smells devine.  I was really looking forward to the Juice Beauty as well!

The nail polish, well...  that's a complete waste of raw material.  It's very streaky at 1 coat and at 3 was still looking shabby, just too much trouble.  I normally use 2 coats and a top coat.

Don't know why GB and OPI got this sooooooo poorly done...  Just add more coloring pigments.  This polish is like 95% nail polish medium and 5% titanium dioxide or whatever is responsible for white  in the pink.  I would have prefered that they simply sent me a clear top coat if they wanted to save money...

Any creative minds have any bright ideas for this polish?  I can't give away this one in good faith because it performs so badly, it'll come back to me as a liability...

Any creative minds have any bright ideas for this polish? I can't give away this one in good faith because it performs so badly, it'll come back to me as a liability...
I've heard matte topcoats are good base coats for polishes that are too lightly pigmented.  So if you have the Nails, Inc. topcoat from last month, you could try that.  I've also had luck putting white polish as a base beneath too-light polishes (my best results have been with some $2 Sinful Colors white as a base).  If it still looks sort of iffy after that, maybe a glitter topcoat?

I've heard matte topcoats are good base coats for polishes that are too lightly pigmented.  So if you have the Nails, Inc. topcoat from last month, you could try that.  I've also had luck putting white polish as a base beneath too-light polishes (my best results have been with some $2 Sinful Colors white as a base).  If it still looks sort of iffy after that, maybe a glitter topcoat?
I love it!  That makes a lot of sense, it's like the rough-primer coat for cars, which nail polish originated from - jazzed-up car enamel.  

I do have last month's matt top coat aaaand I'm going to glitter it as well!  Might create some shabby-chic glittery snowy look!  Thanks!!

Back