Good Vanilla perfume?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I *love* Midnight Rain by La Prairie.

The notes are:

Top notes: guava, mandarin, pomegranate, and freesia.

Heart notes: white lily, vanilla orchid, plum flower and amber flower.

Base notes: patchouli, vetyver, cashmere woods and musk

A vanilla done right is sooo hard to find. Most come off cheap and synthetic. Or just don't smell like vanilla at all.The best that i've found, and wear myself are-->

"Lea" by:Calypso St. Barth (Notes: Musc, vanilla, almond)

"Serendipitous" by:Serendipity 3 (Notes:Cocoa, Tahitian Vanilla, blood orange)

And Montale make superior quality vanilla scents as well.

I would recommend Hypnotic Poison or Dior Addict. They both have lovely vanillas but don't overspray!

It is very hard to find a simple single note vanilla. I used to wear The Body Shop Vanilla oil but they changed the formula & are mixing it with other notes now. I eventually found a pure vanilla oil from an Aussie company called Bottled Up Emotions who can mix any perfume you like. They also apparently supplied perfume for Ellen Degeneres wedding.

Thanks for reminding me of it, I will be wearing it tomorrow!
biggrin.gif

Good luck!

the one birchbox perfume sample I actually liked was vanilla insensee by atelier cologne. It's just a really simple warm vanilla with a hint of jasmine. They describe it as "an electrical current [that] runs through the subtle sweetness of vanilla, jasmine and fresh lime to bond with rich oak moss, woods and spicy coriander." To me, it just smells like straight-up vanilla lol.

There might be better and cheaper vanilla perfumes though, I don't know of that many. it's $65 for 1 oz, I don't love it enough to get it.

aww I was super excited to hear about them but it looks like they're out of business, their website is dead and the last time they updated their fb was in '08

Originally Posted by KeLLsTar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I eventually found a pure vanilla oil from an Aussie company called Bottled Up Emotions who can mix any perfume you like. They also apparently supplied perfume for Ellen Degeneres wedding.

Someone mentioned Vanilla Fantasy by Body Fantasies - that has my vote! So cheap, but gets me more compliments than anything. Then, one that's great as well but not so purely "vanilla" is Kenzo Amour by Kenzo. Light, girly, cute and definitely very heavily vanilla.

Velvet Rope from Apothia is hands-down the best smelling vanilla based sent I've had. The description: inspired by an icy cold, dry vanilla martini spiked with absolute jasmine and a twist of grapefruit. Pure white musk heats up the background of this super-sexy scent.

Oh god..... I love vanilla so much I named my blog after it!

My faves (in no order):

Britney Spears - Fantasy

The Body Shop - Vanilla

Comptoir Sud Pacifique - Vanille Extreme

Serge Lutens - Bois Vanille

Hanae Mori  (though it smells like Coty's Vanilla Fields to me)

Lolita Lempicka - L de Lolita Lempicka

Speakeasy Vanilla - Wiggle Perfume (available on Etsy.com)

I'm not sure what your budget is, but check out LuckScent for samples.  They're mostly niche perfumes but a great perfume is almost an investment in your wardrobe AND vanity, IMO.

There is an entire world of vanilla perfumes out there to be explored, both D/S & HE.

Lavanila Laboratories has a pure vanilla scent or ones infused with blackberry, coconut or grapefruit.  Smells delicious! ;]

It's very sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I found the same thing when I tried to go back to their website to get a custom perfume made. The Facebook page has changed, it looks like the owner has moved to Europe.

If I find & try another similar retailer, I will post here right away.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

aww I was super excited to hear about them but it looks like they're out of business, their website is dead and the last time they updated their fb was in '08

Another vote for the "LaVanilla Laboratories Pure Vanilla" perfume....AMAZING! It is the most perfect vanilla you could ever want. I keep the rollarball perfume in my purse and use it often; I get compliments on it all of the time! (I also have the Vanilla Blackberry perfume, and love it as well. The Vanilla Coconut is next on my list. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) 

(I picked mine up at Sephora, but you could order online from several places too)

I wasnt a big fan of the lavanilla, But kat von d saint is amazing. Its my favorite fragrance. It isnt pure vanilla, but it has notes of mirabelle plum, vanilla and caramel. I would suggest smelling it next time you are at sephora! it soooooo amazing. sweet with some fruitiness to it!

Hi,

I thought that that was REALLY helpful I mean I have been looking for a PERFECT vanilla fragrance for ever and I was just wondering whether this was the perfume that you were saying was expensive? Because this isn't really expensive for a good perfume---http://www.amazon.com/Bath-Body-Works-Signature-Collection/dp/B001N7SW9K 

Thanks From Joely!!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Joely Wood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,

I thought that that was REALLY helpful I mean I have been looking for a PERFECT vanilla fragrance for ever and I was just wondering whether this was the perfume that you were saying was expensive? Because this isn't really expensive for a good perfume---http://www.amazon.com/Bath-Body-Works-Signature-Collection/dp/B001N7SW9K 

Thanks From Joely!!
tongue.gif
Link doesn't work but if you mean Warm Vanilla Sugar it is wonderful!

As a long-time fan of vanilla-ish perfumes, I have to say, my all-time favorite is Geurlain's Shalimar. There's a reason why it's been popular since it's debut in 1921. I've tried many, many others--but I always come back to Shalimar--it wears well, it is scrumptious, and never cloying. Somewhere between sexy and home-cooking, Shalimar strikes just the right notes.

This stuff is crazy-expensive, but I really liked Atelier Cologne's Vanille Insensée perfume (I got a sample from Birchbox some months ago). It's a very literal vanilla fragrance, though. For something less literal, I like Hanae Mori's Butterfly.

I have a roll on perfume that I bought from a local booth, but they also have a website: http://www.dressgreen.net/category_14/Perfumes.htm

I have the Tahitian Vanilla and it smells very, very yummy <3 I love the roll on aspect as well because I can carry it in my purse and use it whenever I like. The scent is very nice, but gentle. No alcohol, and made from coconut oil and fragrance/essential oils. It does not feel oily or leave a residue though.

Originally Posted by fawp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like Victoria's Secrets Amber Romance. It's been my signature fragrance for almost four years and I always get tons of compliments on it.
I have a friend that I wear this around and it drives him crazy... hes always like that scent makes me want to eat you it smells soo good...ROTFLMAO

Back