Goodies.Co February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by pengutango /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like dill, so that's probably why I didn't mind the flavor. It's flavor is definitely prominent, so you don't like dill, you may it may be why you didn't like the dill & sour cream plentils. Which reminds me, did you taste any sour cream flavor? I sure didn't... >.< Only knew that there were dill until I looked back on the package. I do wonder how they taste plain though, which I think their plain flavor only has salt on it.

I hated the cookies, though I have already had a bias against Chips Ahoy cookies since I hate those... so that didn't help. I barely managed to eat one cookie -- had to eat it extremely slowly so I didn't get a sugar overload. I may just give the other cookie to a friend or something... otherwise, I have to throw it out...

I think I'm going to put my account on hold for a month and then go from there. Not really impressed to go another month directly, but didn't hate it enough to cancel... yet.
I don't mind dill, but it's not my favorite either, especially for a chip that's a little out of the ordinary to begin with. They didn't taste like sour cream for sure, which is a bummer. I am also curious about the plain or another flavor.

I thought those cookies tasted super super artificial thanks to the fake softness. Cookies should not be a struggle to eat!!

My Plentils were Light Sea Salt flavor and were really good and super light. The peanut butter was ok but I kept wishing the Dark Chocolate stuff tasted like Nutella. The chips ahoy and snackwells were fine but average items. My husband promptly scarfed the bacon popcorn out of the box. He still hasn't popped it yet but I am expecting it should be pretty good. My chickpeas were Honey Roasted and the sweetness was odd. I would have prefer a savory flavor. All in all, not great, not horrible... just ok.

I loved those cookies! They came at the right time of the month for me. I was craving something sugary and chocolate!!  YUM!

I've been with Goodies from their first box, but havent been doing the reviews, etc. Has anyone actually gotten rewards, or suggest filling out the surveys? I love this box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been with Goodies from their first box, but havent been doing the reviews, etc. Has anyone actually gotten rewards, or suggest filling out the surveys? I love this box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
If you do the surveys, you get points... it takes a LONG time to build them up, but eventually you get a free box!  (I think you can get between 40-60 points for reviewing), and it takes 300 points for a free box.  

It's definitely not in the Birchbox range of points, but it only takes a few minutes, so worth it to me!  I've gotten 3 boxes, and I have 155 points. 

When I first signed up for goodies earlier this month it said I would get the April box as my first box now it says I will get the march box.... Makes me wonder if a bunch of people canceled or if they are adding enough new boxes this coming month.

Ohh mine said that too. I am going to check to see if now i am getting March! Excited! Thanks for sharing! 

I've gotten 4 boxes so far.  I rate the items and write a review for all of them, but don't ever post a photo with my review.  I've got 183 points right now and will get a free box at 300 ... so after around 3 more boxes - 7 total - I will get one free.  It takes awhile for the points to accumulate but I don't really have any complaints there, considering that the box is only $7.

so we finally finished everything in the box:

yogurt pretzels - i'd honestly never had them before, don't know how that happened. neither of us care for the very sugary yogurt so having it on a pretzel didn't change that. cute shape though

bacon popcorn - tasted ....fake. we're lucky we live in a culinary area so we've had a lot of bacon infused stuff that is amazing and decadent, this wasn't it

nut butters - i'm not a smooth peanut butter fan for whatever reason, so it was alright. the chocolate one just made me want real nutella

banana bar - like the idea, not the execution

chips ahoy - i'm actually in the minority and love normal chips ahoy cookies. hated the soft texture it just didn't work. the reese's in it wasn't bad

plentils margarita flavor - weird texture but flavor kinda reminded me of the pizza pringles i tasted on superbowl sunday, interesting?

overall there's nothing in this box i'd buy but i at least appreciated the nut butters

I have 293 points *grumble*. The last two months my add photo button was bugged. They finally fixed it but I should have gotten a free one this month. Next month I guess...

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have 293 points *grumble*. The last two months my add photo button was bugged. They finally fixed it but I should have gotten a free one this month. Next month I guess...
How frustrating!!  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wish they will. Cancel my account. Or I will file a report with my bank. The boxes are okay but their customer service is horrible.

Cancelled my box after receiving the Feb one. I have subscribed since the beginning but recent boxes are not very tempting...

I think I am done with them. Even though $7 is not much each month, I just haven't been liking the products enough to even continue. Maybe this month will change my mind.

I just received an e-mail welcoming me and saying my first box was shipping. I have been a member since like September? I am going to have to call or e-mail on that? Not sure what is going on?

Originally Posted by elainecad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received an e-mail welcoming me and saying my first box was shipping. I have been a member since like September? I am going to have to call or e-mail on that? Not sure what is going on?
Mine was worded that way too even though I am not a new subscriber 
blink.gif

Back