Goodies.Co February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my box arrives tomorrow! lol... im so behind, but i'm not too anxious since the spoilers havent really made me need the box

good to know though, west coast generally takes 7 days, i wonder if companies every consider shipping that way? the boxes that take longest shipping first so that they all come around the same time?

Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my box arrives tomorrow! lol... im so behind, but i'm not too anxious since the spoilers havent really made me need the box

good to know though, west coast generally takes 7 days, i wonder if companies every consider shipping that way? the boxes that take longest shipping first so that they all come around the same time?
Popsugar ships this way, but that's a bad thing for those of us on the west coast...so Goodies should even out the score. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got my box yesterday. I was more excited when the box was in hand than when I was just reading spoilers, so hopefully it's the same for you!

It mostly tasted salty, with a bit of smokey flavor. it didn't really taste anything like bacon, and the seasoning didn't coat the popcorn evenly/thoroughly.

Originally Posted by pengutango /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Somehow... that doesn't surprise me. >.< What did it taste like, out of curiosity? Was there any actual bacon flavor or something fake tasting?

This was my first Goodies box.  Everything was edible but it wasn't anything new to me.  I buy a couple of these products on a regular basis.  Neat idea but I'm out!

The plentils and the chocolate dream PB were both so goood. I will definitely be picking those up in the near future. The popcorn smelled and tasted strange. My kids loved it.

I'm surprised so many liked the plentils! For me, they were just...blah. Like salted styrofoam or something. Might have liked them more if I'd gotten a flavored variety, I guess.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm surprised so many liked the plentils! For me, they were just...blah. Like salted styrofoam or something. Might have liked them more if I'd gotten a flavored variety, I guess.
This. And the chick pz tasted like cornpops with salt and a hint of chile powder on them.

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It tasted burnt.  I kept an eagle eye on the microwave when it was popping, and I stopped it after 1 min 20 seconds just because I couldn't take the bacon/fake cheese smell anymore.  My kids would only eat about 10 pieces each, and they are crazy little popcorn fiends!  I tried a tiny bit, and just got hit by supersalty/artificial cheesy/nastiness.

HOWEVER, I am glad that I got to try one pack in a $7 box instead of picking up a whole box on a whim.  The popcorn and chickpeas were just... horrid.

The Plentils, the cookies, the peanut butter, and the yogurt-covered pretzels were all awesome, and I'm totally buying that peanut butter!  And some more Plentils. 
Aww, that sucks. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hate burnt popcorn. Yeah, that's true. I'd be much more upset if I got a whole box of it, though knowing me, I don't think I would get these. I didn't get the chickpeas, but those sounded gross too. Were they flavored or something?

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It mostly tasted salty, with a bit of smokey flavor. it didn't really taste anything like bacon, and the seasoning didn't coat the popcorn evenly/thoroughly.
Makes sense since I feel like you can't get anything naturally bacon flavor... without actual bacon. >.<

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's probably why I liked them. I got the dill & sour cream one and I really didn't taste the actual chip all that much. The dill flavor was prominent, while the sour cream flavor was nearly nonexistent.

Originally Posted by pengutango /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aww, that sucks. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hate burnt popcorn. Yeah, that's true. I'd be much more upset if I got a whole box of it, though knowing me, I don't think I would get these. I didn't get the chickpeas, but those sounded gross too. Were they flavored or something?
I got the sesame flavored chickpeas... they used a sugary syrup to get the sesame seeds to stick to the chickpeas, which defeated the purpose of a "healthy" snack.  They ended up tasting like cloyingly sweet sesame styrofoam.  I so would have preferred a Wai Lani bar!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the sesame flavored chickpeas... they used a sugary syrup to get the sesame seeds to stick to the chickpeas, which defeated the purpose of a "healthy" snack.  They ended up tasting like cloyingly sweet sesame styrofoam.  I so would have preferred a Wai Lani bar!
Me 2!

the chickpeas didn't even impart any flavor of their own--all you tasted was syrup and sesame seeds, with a chalky filler. It didn't necessarily taste bad, but it took a few to make sense of what I was eating lol.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

we finally got our box (7)

it looked sparse at first until i re-arranged the products. excited for the peanut butter samples

the plentils were not bad. the texture was almost like a baked cheetoh but it looked like a styrofoam packing peanut. the flavor was definitely interesting. 

is it just me or did this box just seem more junk food like than others? maybe it's just the perception after having it in front of me in person and realizing i cant pretend this is healthy lol

I got my box a few days ago and I still haven't tried out any of the products. Kind of a bad sign. I'll stick with it for at least another month to give them another shot though. I think I might try putting the peanut butter on Ritz.

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box a few days ago and I still haven't tried out any of the products. Kind of a bad sign. I'll stick with it for at least another month to give them another shot though. I think I might try putting the peanut butter on Ritz.
Yeah, I was the same way - normally I can't decide what I want to devour first, and this month it was just kind of "eh...." and made myself try something. Usually there is at least a  couple of things i'm excited about!

I tried the dill plentils....hated them. The texture was okay but they had a really bizarre flavor. The fruit bar kind of reminded me of baby food. The cookies were bizarre...the soft texture made them seem really artificial. The yogurt pretzels were fine as expected. Haven't tried the popcorn because of all the negative reactions to it, and I haven't tried the peanut butter yet since it seems potentially messy. Sooo...basically I paid $7 for peanut butter and pretzels. Oh, well.

I might try making my own "smoky" popcorn.

There is a store near me that sells smoked fat/oil. I am guessing it is what they have as the drippings/fat from the meats they smoke at the store.

There is a store near me where they make their own smoked meats,bacon, smoked chicken....so I never buy any of those things at a actual grocery store :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />!

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried the dill plentils....hated them. The texture was okay but they had a really bizarre flavor. The fruit bar kind of reminded me of baby food. The cookies were bizarre...the soft texture made them seem really artificial. The yogurt pretzels were fine as expected. Haven't tried the popcorn because of all the negative reactions to it, and I haven't tried the peanut butter yet since it seems potentially messy. Sooo...basically I paid $7 for peanut butter and pretzels. Oh, well.
I like dill, so that's probably why I didn't mind the flavor. It's flavor is definitely prominent, so you don't like dill, you may it may be why you didn't like the dill & sour cream plentils. Which reminds me, did you taste any sour cream flavor? I sure didn't... >.< Only knew that there were dill until I looked back on the package. I do wonder how they taste plain though, which I think their plain flavor only has salt on it.

I hated the cookies, though I have already had a bias against Chips Ahoy cookies since I hate those... so that didn't help. I barely managed to eat one cookie -- had to eat it extremely slowly so I didn't get a sugar overload. I may just give the other cookie to a friend or something... otherwise, I have to throw it out...

I think I'm going to put my account on hold for a month and then go from there. Not really impressed to go another month directly, but didn't hate it enough to cancel... yet.

Has anyone placed an order on the Goodies website yet?  My husband loved the Raspberry Fig bars we got last month, and our local Walmart doesn't carry them.  There was a bunch of stuff I wanted to try, too, and they have free shipping with a $40 order.  

I got:

-Raspberry fIg bars

-Blueberry fig bars

-Biscoff Spread (Yum, can't wait!)

-Essie's Oatcakes (from Dec... totally didn't think I'd like them but they're AMAZING)

-Falafel Chips (we got the spicy ones in the box, but I ordered plain)

-Smooth Operator Peanut Butter (I love that it only has 4 ingredients!)

-Hummus and Pita Chips (great work snack for my hubby!)

-World Table Caramel Cookies (YAAAAAAY!!!!)

I got free shipping (lol just barely), and can't wait to try all the yummies!  

I loved the Blueberry Fig bar and have ordered the Oatcakes twice! They arrive  fairly quick . I do wait for the free shipping deals which they have offered a couple of times.

Back