Goodies.Co February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Box 6

Nice you got that fast! I'm not scheduled to get it till the 21st...but seems like some 7s might be delivered soon if not already!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IffB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Box 6

Nice you got that fast! I'm not scheduled to get it till the 21st...but seems like some 7s might be delivered soon if not already!
I'm not scheduled to get it until the 19, but it should be here soon anyway. Hope you girls gets yours earlier than expected!

Box 4 Contents:

Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams & Smooth Operator Packets (Actually not a bad size)
Wai Lana Fruit & Nut Bar in Pomegranate-Cherry (Nice sized bar)
Chips Ahoy! Chewy Chocolate Chip & Reeces (Two cookies, I think)
Plentils Crunchy Lentil Chips in Light Sea Salt (We shall see...)
Snackwells Yogurt Pretzels (100 Calorie Pack)
J & D's Bacon Popcorn (VEGETARIAN Bacon Popcorn...walking contradiction, no?)

This was the first month receiving this box, and I think it's okay. It doesn't seem as large as past boxes that they offered, but the majority are things that I would not have purchased. 

I can't believe they're sending out chips ahoy... I spend so much time trying to get my super-skeptical of anything subscription-related boyfriend excited about this box (we're both foodies), showing him whole wheat fig bars and quinoa chocolate and wine crackers only to end up with something full of hydrogenated fats and HFCS. What a disappointment. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully, the rest of the stuff will make up for that and I'll be able to trash the chips ahoy before he sees them.

Originally Posted by brokenship /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the latest date they promise I ship by this month is the 18th so keep us posted. It would be really unfair if some people were shipped out two weeks earlier if they promise a max 10 days
Ok so my boxed shipped and is out for delivery. They really kept their promise regarding this month's shipping. This is the first time I've ever had my box ship earlier than the 20th.

Well, I've tried several things in my box and haven't really cared much for any of it...first time that's happened! Oh well, you win some, you lose some...hope next month is awesome.

This box disappointed me. A lot. December's box was the best, but January was good. February was just blah.

the chickpeas were NASTY. and I like chickpeas.

I gave the bacon popcorn to one of the supervisors, as he loves bacon and I wouldn't be able to stomach the stuff. It is a reasonable sample product though.

The peanut butter sample size was great (two massive foil packets). I'm sure it'll be ok, but I prefer crunchy peanut butter.

The lentil chips. tasted like puffed oats. No thanks. Waste of calories.

The chips ahoy were ok, but nothing I would buy again. Same with the yogurt pretzels
Overall, my issue was that the products were mostly unremarkable and cheap. It just didn't feel like a box of goodies. It felt like a lunchbox put together by a 12 year old who wanted to pretend he was eating healthy.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This box disappointed me. A lot. December's box was the best, but January was good. February was just blah.

the chickpeas were NASTY. and I like chickpeas.

I gave the bacon popcorn to one of the supervisors, as he loves bacon and I wouldn't be able to stomach the stuff. It is a reasonable sample product though.

The peanut butter sample size was great (two massive foil packets). I'm sure it'll be ok, but I prefer crunchy peanut butter.

The lentil chips. tasted like puffed oats. No thanks. Waste of calories.

The chips ahoy were ok, but nothing I would buy again. Same with the yogurt pretzels
Overall, my issue was that the products were mostly unremarkable and cheap. It just didn't feel like a box of goodies. It felt like a lunchbox put together by a 12 year old who wanted to pretend he was eating healthy.

I think I would have liked the chickpeas had I gotten a different flavor, but I got the spicy ones and I'm not much on spicy.

Haven't tried the popcorn yet...I do like bacon but we'll see what I think of the popcorn...

I tried the chocolate peanut butter packet and it was just okay. Not chocolately enough for me! But tasted good. Probably woudln't buy it, though...I'll stick with Nutella.

The Plentils were boring and I agree, not worth the calories. I didn't think they were gross, but I didn't think they were good, either.

I dislike Chips Ahoy, I just don't think they taste good and I don't care for the texture.

Snackwells...well, I do like yogurt pretzels. But they are certainly nothing new or interesting...

I just don't get the inclusion of the Snackwells and CHips Ahoy. I thought this box was meant to introduce us to new/interesting goodies, and I'm pretty sure nearly every person in the dang country has tried a chips ahoy cookie and a yogurt pretzel...

And I loved this month's theme...I just don't think they did enough with it.

Looove the idea of odd pairings. But these things weren't odd pairings. 

Why not a bacon chocolate bar? So many possibilities.

Got mine today. Hub immediately stole the bacon popcorn but he hasn't popped it yet. We were too busy eating the graze box lol. Tomorrow we will test drive this one.

Vegetarian bacon popcorn?? sounds interesting.

I remember going to a Korean new year's event and they had food tables- one lady was selling vegetarian chicken someweird named dish.

And I thought it was because her english was bad and assumed she meant "chicken and vegetables"? nope.

A lot of asian shops here sell flavored tofu that is like beef, chicken or fish.

The dish I tried had chicken-style tofu (it was fine).

Originally Posted by paralegalatl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Box 4 Contents:

Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams & Smooth Operator Packets (Actually not a bad size)

This was the first month receiving this box, and I think it's okay. It doesn't seem as large as past boxes that they offered, but the majority are things that I would not have purchased. 

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Vegetarian bacon popcorn?? sounds interesting.

I remember going to a Korean new year's event and they had food tables- one lady was selling vegetarian chicken someweird named dish.

And I thought it was because her english was bad and assumed she meant "chicken and vegetables"? nope.

A lot of asian shops here sell flavored tofu that is like beef, chicken or fish.

The dish I tried had chicken-style tofu (it was fine).

Quote: Originally Posted by paralegalatl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Box 4 Contents:

Bacon salt is vegan, as are Bac-o's, so I don't think it's that weird :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Haven't tried it yet, though!

I didn't care for the bacon popcorn . It has a strange taste...not bacon-like. Not even fake Bac'os-like. It was very salty though. Not something that I would buy. I do like the Lentil Chips those are pretty good.

Originally Posted by paralegalatl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't care for the bacon popcorn . It has a strange taste...not bacon-like. Not even fake Bac'os-like. It was very salty though. Not something that I would buy. I do like the Lentil Chips those are pretty good.
I tried it this morning for a snack. I didn't mind it, but I wouldn't buy it. It smelled exactly like bacon while cooking, but didn't taste especially bacony while eating it.

got box #3:

-lentil chips

-chips ahoy

-pb/chocolate spread

-snackwell yogurt-covered pretzels

-bacon-flavored popcorn

-chickpea snack

kind of a huge box to send out such small samples lol
other than the pb/chocolate spread, I'm not particularly excited to try anything, but I wouldn't say I'm disappointed either. all subscription services seem to do this; the first few months are great--attract a lot of hype, etc--but the rest just can't compare (even though they're not bad in and of themselves). realistically speaking, I don't think it'd be financially viable for them to continue sending boxes like December's, since the sub is (currently) only $7.

I tried the chips ahoy cookies, and they're actually not too bad, just a little too sweet. though, it seems a little schizophrenic to send organic/HFCS-free/all-natural snacks, along with nabisco stuff. haven't tried anything else, but I'm curious to see how that bacon popcorn tastes!

I'm not disappointed in this box. I wouldn't say I'm thrilled either, but it has a decent amount of varying items. It's not super exciting considering its my first box, but I definitely don't want to give up on it already. One thing I'll say is I'm not too pleased with the familiar brands, only because I signed up to try new interesting brands, but I'm sure they'll both taste good anyway.

Latest posts

Back