Hello Waffle Visage subscription (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh, I wonder what the source material is for this collection!  All anyone ever has to say is "sparkle overload," and I'm there.  And these colors are much more my speed than what was sent out in December.  Those were just so *boring* to me that I'm not sure I used them more than one or two times.  January always deserves an awesome blue, and this looks like it fits the bill.

Christine was just saying in a video she made with other indie owners that she doesn't really have sparkle bomb shadows, so I wonder if this is an experiment to delve into that.

I confess I just keep going back to the preview photo and staring at it.  Pinky-peach with dark blue is one of my favorite combinations!  It reminds me of a sunrise.  I unfortunately see a lot of them this time of year due to my schedule.

I just got a sub! There's still a few spots open right now, if anyone's interested.

I think she said there were only ten slots open, and they seemed to go in two minutes.  Like literally two minutes.  I have a feeling the NM VC gloss is going to go *phenomenally* well with this month's Visage!

Apparently VDC is the guest indie on the visage sub. Check out Christine's message in the kitty kingdom...I'm annoyed. I placed 2 big orders with her, never got them even with promise after promise and thankfully, she refunded my money. Why would she ever have such a controversial owner be a part of the visage box??

I find it to be an interesting decision to include VD given the fact that it is not opening back up as a standalone entity. The logic might be that maybe people will forgive VD for Ashley's mishandling if they can get their stuff from a separate trustworthy entity, so this is an attempt at earning goodwill and forgiveness. I'm also not sure Christine fully realized how utterly pissed off people are about Ashley and didn't think it would be a big deal.

I agree. My guess is that Ashley wanted to be a part of it. I just don't care for the owner. It doesn't matter if I like the product, I just can't stand behind somebody like her. Part of me is torn, because she is a cat lover, lol.

Some people are really bullying Christine on Facebook over it and I don't think that's called for.  Obviously Ashley messed up big time but are people going to stop buying Shiro when they start carrying her stuff? Doubt it.

Some people are really bullying Christine on Facebook over it and I don't think that's called for.  Obviously Ashley messed up big time but are people going to stop buying Shiro when they start carrying her stuff? Doubt it.
I just sent Christine a super, super nice response to her e-mail. She definitely doesn't deserve all the crap she got on her page today. 

As far as the Visage goes, I subscribe because I want Hello Waffle products. Anything extra from another brand is just that, an extra. And Victorian Discos products aren't horrible - just the owner.

The YouTube thing doesn't really bother me at all. I don't value her opinion as a brand owner at all obviously, but 1) I can fast forward and 2) she didn't really talk that much in the first one anyway.  

Hey, if those complainers don't wanna sub this month, I'll gladly take their spot.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lets be real, they probably won't though, so they need to sit down and try running their own indie cosmetics company if they have such a problem.

if it makes you feel better, I clicked on at 9:23am, saw that I should go check, and it was already out... better long forgotten than just slipping out of the grasp of your hand XD
One thing I like about hers is that you can always buy the products later, and Christine has always been super super helpful with me.

I think it would be helpful if we pinned a guide when every sub goes up, when overstock goes up, etc.

Wow, that was fast!  I did *not* expect this to arrive so soon:  Four days from shipping to receipt, including a border crossing.  Swatches will have to wait until tomorrow.  I do have to say that I'm actually considering dropping this one after February, though.  I'm just not sure this sub is really my style.  I love fairy tales, but the brand's style is overall more soft and romantic than I really feel comfortable with.  Now that Aromaleigh's sub is on the scene, I'm starting to think that might be where my dedication lies.  But I have a feeling February might be pink/red/burgundy-oriented because Valentine's Day, and I love pink/red/burgundy eyeshadow (as evidenced by GDE's upcoming Rose City!), so I'll hang in there for one more month.

(I do want to know what the actual description for the blush is.  The one on the collection sheet is for Winter Rose, which we received in November, and this one is Inu.  It's most definitely not "rose-toned blush with a subtle cool violet sheen"!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that was fast! I did *not* expect this to arrive so soon: Four days from shipping to receipt, including a border crossing. Swatches will have to wait until tomorrow. I do have to say that I'm actually considering dropping this one after February, though. I'm just not sure this sub is really my style. I love fairy tales, but the brand's style is overall more soft and romantic than I really feel comfortable with. Now that Aromaleigh's sub is on the scene, I'm starting to think that might be where my dedication lies. But I have a feeling February might be pink/red/burgundy-oriented because Valentine's Day, and I love pink/red/burgundy eyeshadow (as evidenced by GDE's upcoming Rose City!), so I'll hang in there for one more month.

(I do want to know what the actual description for the blush is. The one on the collection sheet is for Winter Rose, which we received in November, and this one is Inu. It's most definitely not "rose-toned blush with a subtle cool violet sheen"!)
I decided to just email her so I'll post what the description is when she replies! I got mine today too and I've always received my HW orders and sub pretty quickly. Except the one that got lost lol

I decided to just email her so I'll post what the description is when she replies! I got mine today too and I've always received my HW orders and sub pretty quickly. Except the one that got lost lol
Heh.  I had thought about posting on Facebook -- I can't believe no one else has asked yet or mentioned it on the Reddit reviews I've seen! -- but got distracted by something I can no longer recall.  It was probably Ed-oriented.  Because it's cold in my living room, and kitties always get cuddly when they're chilly.

According to Christine: Inu - "It's a warm orange/peach with a slight amount of shimmer."

Back