Hello Waffle Visage subscription (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, I didn't realize no one posted spoilers yet! I'll post mine later today if someone doesn't beat me to it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's SUCH a gorgeous month. Right up my alley!

I'm going to swatch this and the innocent+twisted alchemy bag as soon as I can find my primer!  I forgot to do them yesterday after I got done getting kitty litter and katfud (you can tell how grumpy I am by how small my grocery run is.  Kitty litter, katfud, and a quick fast food lunch grab because of blood sugar issues, and that was *it*).

Okay, got 'em!  Source material:  Momotato, or the Story of the Son of a Peach.  It's a Japanese fairy tale!  Open jar photo:

9adc9440-aa55-4a15-9c2a-76aef91daee0_zpse7f127a3.jpg

Swatches (I didn't swatch the gloss because it's not really my kind of color, so I might try to swap it):

463501d1-a594-4bb3-b8b9-b28a62059da0_zpsd3e6d775.jpg

Descriptions (top to bottom in the jar photo, left to right in the swatches, blush across the bottom in the swatch):

• Oni Island (eyeshadow, full-sized) -- dark midnight navy with copper sheen and sparks (it's basically black to my eye)
  • Saru (eyeshadow, full-sized) -- warm shimmering peach
  • Kiji (Fairy Dust overshadow, mini) -- shimmery pink/peach glitterbomb with gold, copper, and red sparks.
  • Inu (blush, full-sized) -- warm orange/peach with a slight amount of shimmer

The gloss (and thus the source of a whole lot of controversy) was from Victorian Disco, and the shade is Momotaro (shimmery orange-peach).  Not a fan of orange over here *at all* unless we're talking eyeshadow.  That's it. 

Overall, this is a big old meh from me.  These colors -- even the blue -- are all a bit too warm for me.  I have to confess that the whole thing immediately went into my January subs box.  I'm giving Visage one more month (maybe two, if she gives spoilers before the charge date and if March turns out to be based on something Irish), and I may very well be dropping it.  The themes are nice, but the colors themselves are a bit too dreamy and romantic for me, and December and January were both warmer collections.  Very much not my style, but that's just me.  It's a great collection if you're into these kinds of colors!  I'm just... not. 

Sorry to say, but I'm not too excited to get it know. Don't think these are going to be my colors.

It's my first month so I'll definately give it some more time but for the moment I like Aromaleigh so much more!

One thing I like about hers is that you can always buy the products later, and Christine has always been super super helpful with me.

I think it would be helpful if we pinned a guide when every sub goes up, when overstock goes up, etc.
Please do this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I actually really love this month. Peachey golds are my jaaaaam. The lipgloss looks scary in the tube but goes on a really pretty color. The only thing I won't use is the navy one. The blush is also gorgeous. 

@@rachelshine Is there any chance you could swatch the gloss and have the tube in the photo so we could see how different they are? I'm very wary of the orange thing, but I know that Shiro Who Swallowed a Star is orange in the tube but pink when worn, so I'm torn on trying the gloss.

I got my box today and I like it more in person than just looking at the spoilers. I'm not sure about the blush, though, I have cool undertones and mostly use pink ones. The lipgloss is pretty nice - kinda peachy coral in reality.

@@rachelshine Is there any chance you could swatch the gloss and have the tube in the photo so we could see how different they are? I'm very wary of the orange thing, but I know that Shiro Who Swallowed a Star is orange in the tube but pink when worn, so I'm torn on trying the gloss.
For sure!! I'll find it now and put it on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Here we go! It's pretty sheer I think, I didn't mess around with trying to build it up. I also (clearly) only did it on the bottom lip so you could see how pigmented it is.

IMG_6415.JPG

I also don't find it overly sticky like someone on Reddit said. It's actually one of the less sticky glosses I've encountered. The tube randomly looks redder in my swatch shot, but in the top lip shot, it's more accurate. 

I got mine today! All the peachy colors are really pretty. I might try to swap the gloss because I have too many glosses, but otherwise, I really like everything else.

Back