Holiday 2014 Limited Edition **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since, I haven't been subbing for long I don't have lots of anything. I did some looking around and the red polish is like nothing I have...its a sparkly red. The lipstick I have a few reds, cause I happen to love red... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I'm hoping this one is like no other I own. The OCC is a beautiful color, very universal imho. The eyeliner I love that has a thick tip so you can create a more dramatic look, don't own one like this either. The mascara, lipgloss, and lip balm I have enough. But, I really like Jouer, and it's a beautiful color. The mascara has great reviews, and the lip balm, oh what the...why not. Now, CK by the reviews of it is a musky, deep, but not wildly intense Fall fragrance. Don't own it, and I think this would be a great way to try it, as is def my cup of tea. Hoping, is to my liking! So, all in all this should be a great boxi!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Pity, I was looking forward to this,  If this was anything like last years, I would have bought it.   But I don't need any of those products, although I like the polish.  A great deal if you can use those things though,

I would like to see a 20% off coupon for a year of glossy.  If anyone find one, please give me a holler. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
At first I just wanted this because I like to get stuff.  There, I said it...I want as many packages to hit my door step as possible because it gives me a thrill.

But.....This is probably a little heavy on makeup staples for me.  Add in some skincare, eliminate the nail polish, throw in a holiday candle or bauble (not their gig) and then I would be all over it.  I am kinda in mourning over this one.  It is a very nice box but, not for me.  :sdrop:

At first I just wanted this because I like to get stuff.  There, I said it...I want as many packages to hit my door step as possible because it gives me a thrill.

But.....This is probably a little heavy on makeup staples for me.  Add in some skincare, eliminate the nail polish, throw in a holiday candle or bauble (not their gig) and then I would be all over it.  I am kinda in mourning over this one.  It is a very nice box but, not for me.  :sdrop:
So glad I'm not the only one... For a hot second I thought about it, but decided not to.  I just unsubbed from Boxycharm because my husband told me "you have too much crap" by crap he means makeup, hair junk, face stuff.  I'm the same, I LOVE getting mail.  There is no better feeling than coming home from a hard work day and getting to open a little present!  I stayed with PSMH and FFF because I feel like their boxes are a little more versatile, not just makeup and face moisturizers (whatever I have to do to justify that choice).  You're right... I ALSO JUST LIKE TO GET STUFF!

So glad I'm not the only one... For a hot second I though about it, but decided not to. I just unsubbed from Boxycharm because my husband told me "you have too much crap" by crap he means makeup, hair junk, face stuff. I'm the same, I LOVE getting mail. There is no better feeling than coming home from a hard work day and getting to open a little present! I stayed with PSMH and FFF because I feel like their boxes are a little more versatile, not just makeup and face moisturizers (whatever I have to do to justify that choice). You're right... I ALSO JUST LIKE TO GET STUFF!
I love getting stuff, too.  Heck, I'm excited about the dog and cat food I ordered from Amazon (cheaper there!) I'm getting this afternoon.  I used to always be the one to go to the stockroom when I was in grad school and pick up packages, even if it was just gloves and solvents and centrifuge tubes.

For better or worse, I live alone and don't have anyone to tell me I have too much crap...(running out of room, though).

I snagged one. I didn't get the box last year, but I actually really like this one. I am a sucker for gloss and red lipstick and I loved both shades. I'm also a everyday black eyeliner wearer, so the cargo liner was on point for me! Looking forward to this one.

If you use the code HOLIDAY with a 12 month sub, you get this box for free. Code good until December 15th

Edited to add: There is a disclaimer that there is not a guarantee you will get this by 12/25
i guess they're covering their @$$ from people not getting their mother's day boxes before mother's day, lol.

if it gets to me on december 26th, that's okay with me b/c it's my birthday :p

I bought one. I actually bought it without knowing what was in the box, because all of the other LE boxes I have wanted sold out, but seeing the product assortment pleases me. I love Korres and Cargo, so I will be happy to try those items, and the OCC pigment will get used, too. I'm loving the look of the Jouer lip gloss so that will totally get used and even if the perfume doesn't work for me, I love having those minis.

I feel "eh" on the lipstick and nail polish because I don't really need those items or colors but perhaps if it comes early enough I can gift them. Then the fact that there is supposedly an 8th item... do you think they might have a mystery item like and Alex&Ani bracelet or something? I'm to lazy to do the math. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Wait, no, when I look at the product page it does list all eight items, so unless there is a SUPER surprise I guess I'm out of luck! :lol:

All in all, I'm excited!

I love getting stuff, too.  Heck, I'm excited about the dog and cat food I ordered from Amazon (cheaper there!) I'm getting this afternoon.  I used to always be the one to go to the stockroom when I was in grad school and pick up packages, even if it was just gloves and solvents and centrifuge tubes.

For better or worse, I live alone and don't have anyone to tell me I have too much crap...(running out of room, though).
Lifestyle twin!

These goodies in the mail are like little friends who stop by -- of course you don't have to clean up after them or feed them!!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like my mail friends!

I bought the box within hours of it being available.  It's a great assortment.  I am mostly excited about the eyeliner and lipstick.

I think this is a sign....I was getting my gray covered up at the hair salon. So, while sitting there reading Instyle Magazine I come upon one of those perfume pages for Calvin Reveal. I like it!

I am going for it.  If anything, I will stop thinking about it.

I cant remember if June or July was my last box but I will cave and get this box, I just wish there was a coupon. Also thinking about getting the German Christmas box.

I'd totally get this if it didn't have TWO lip products.  I don't do lip stuff at all... going to have to pass.

I got their holiday box in the mail to review yesterday (I bought one too but that hasn't come yet).  The box itself is velvet!
IMG_3654.jpg

I got paid early this week (I know, right? thanks bossman!) So I should totally start loading up on the special edition boxes huh?

@@JenniferV ~ Thank you. I can't wait to check out your thoughts. I almost forgot about this one with all the spending I have been doing lately. I am glad to revisit what I will be getting.

I am most looking forward to the lip products. My favorites have come from GLOSSYBOX. I can't seem to pick out a color to save my life. 

Oh wow .. Thanks for posting. Got the same deal. I've been thinking about the box, but $40 seemed too much .. for $20 it's such a great deal!

Back