How important is packaging to you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Content. For everything (and I mean everthing in life, even people). It is about what is on the inside that counts. No matter how pretty the wrapper, if what is inside is crap you have crap.

Originally Posted by Bexy /img/forum/go_quote.gif Content. For everything (and I mean everthing in life, even people). It is about what is on the inside that counts. No matter how pretty the wrapper, if what is inside is crap you have crap. COSIGN!! Its the quality of the product that counts the most. Sometimes packaging catches my eye also. I've always loved Urban Decay's packaging.
sheep.gif
tocktock.gif

The content, of course. As for the packaging, It's a big plus. It depends on what the content looks like. Even if the packing looks lovely but the content dosen't look good, I won't buy it.

Omg I am such a sucker for nice packaging..

If the content of 2 brands are really good, but one is $10-15 less & isnt packaged as cutely (is that a word?) I will totally get the more expensive one just cuz of the packaging..

I always have to repeat in my head while shopping that the quality of the product is what matters most! Hahaha..

well? how important is it?

for me, I usually but based on reviews, advertising, and inspecting the product myself. But, if I saw a new range, I'd be more tempted to try it if the packaging was cute.

Take for example, stila, bloom or paul and joe - they all have gorgeous packaging!

how about you? are you swayed by cute containers? I am - especially if the item that will get seen by people, like lipsticks or powders that I'd put in my bag,
rotfl.gif

Hi,

If the packaging is attractive, I am more likely to go over and sample the product.

I would say im a sucker for cute packaging if i see it online. If I go to check it out and the product sucks then i wont get it.

I usually don't think about packaging unless it's super cute or super ugly. Then it matters. lol.

Packaging is usually an indication of the product inside. If a company is willing to go the extra mile on packaging and presentation they are more likely to go all out on the quality of their product.

We are ALL about the quality!

Packaging is an appeal to me. I'm much more likely to spend my money on something that is also appealing to the eye though in the end it's the product itself that gets me back for seconds.

I'm a label-reader, so I'm more interested in the ingredients than the actual packaging. So, I guess I just like a packaging that lists ingredients!! LOL (I also like packaging that is tamper-resistant!!)

I'm not a sucker for cute packaging, it's just a plus. I do need it to work though, I can't stand maybelline eyshadoes or pure powders because they are constantly breaking.

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tend to prefer what is inside the packaging than what is seen on the outside. Ditto!

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tend to prefer what is inside the packaging than what is seen on the outside. funny you say that cause, I use the same philosophy towards people. lol.

Back