How important is packaging to you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice packaging is a plus, but whether or not a product works is what ultimately gets me to buy it. I've found HG's placed in packages that don't appeal to me.

i love cute stuff !! so of course, a cute packaging will surely catch my eye. but the product has to be good too. i tend to think if you look too good, it can mean you're hiding something.

Yeah, a nice package will certainly get the credit card out. The new MAC Antiquitease is so pretty.

Originally Posted by perlanga2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif funny you say that cause, I use the same philosophy towards people. lol. I also feel that way about people.

Originally Posted by Bee Luscious /img/forum/go_quote.gif Packaging is usually an indication of the product inside. If a company is willing to go the extra mile on packaging and presentation they are more likely to go all out on the quality of their product. That's a good point!
however,

Originally Posted by ldygwnvr /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm a label-reader, so I'm more interested in the ingredients than the actual packaging. So, I guess I just like a packaging that lists ingredients!! LOL (I also like packaging that is tamper-resistant!!) I'm right there with you sista!

If I know that a brand is good, it doesn't really matter so much. But, if it's something I've never tried, I'm more likely to go for it if the packaging is well-designed, clean and attractive.

I can't help it, I like shiny things.

I agree with above, that nice packaging gives off a good impression about the company.

If the packaging is cute and eye catching it will deff. get my attention over something that is more plain looking. I have an urban decay eyeshadow palette with the cutest design on the outside and its my favorite.
smile.gif

Cute packaging is nice but I do read the ingredients.

Crappy packaging, like if it's flimsy and falling apart is very annoying to me.

Good eye catching packaging is a BIG ++++

If the packaging catches my eye then there goes my credit card..... its a weakness

A good big package..is quite nice and needs to be shapely! A girth is highly important!!

So, in other words...packaging is very important!!

Originally Posted by Noir Sakura /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nice packaging is a plus, but whether or not a product works is what ultimately gets me to buy it. I've found HG's placed in packages that don't appeal to me. The perfect example of this would be the Monistat anti chafing gel. The product itself is an awesome primer, but some people get turned off of it because it is sold as something for the more sensitive skin.

I have to admit that packaging does attract my eye, but if the packaging is unattractive, then there's a good chance that I may pass the product up. If I already know that the product is good beforehand, then I'm more likely to pick it up despite the packaging.

If I'm going to spend my dollars, I would like it to look nicly presented. The product has to be good too or I wont get that brand again no matter how nice the container is.

I think the package is the eye catcher if you are just looking and have no clue what you are going to buy. Ofcourse if you are a fan and know the company/package, content is better.

I am rather ashamed of this but I have the biggest soft spot for packaging . I love it when the effort is made in all areas of the product design, and really appreciate indulging in the aesthetic beauty of packaging sometimes.

Don't get me wrong though, if the product is supposedly good, I'll buy it regardless

Oh, I'm definitely a sucker for cute or innovative packaging. I won't re-purchase something that turns out to be crap, of course, but if something looks good it will suck me in every time. I also generally won't purchase something that looks ugly to me, unless more than one person HIGHLY recommends it. I'm a very visual person and a very impulsive shopper; even though I worked in retail for 3 years, I still fall prey to POP merchandising (point-of-purchase, the things they put on the register aisles for people like me!)

The Contents Is More Important To Me. Some Makeup May Look Good In The Package And Then Turn Out To Be Ugly When You Put It On Yourself.

of course in the end everyone says 'content' of which i agree, but you all have to admit, a book is only as good as its cover when youre shopping--- you tend to gravitate towards the prettily packaged stuff and thats when you realize whether the stuff inside is worth buying.

which is why the study makes sense, and times are not changing necessarily... advertising is one of the biggest money making businesses in the world in the U.S alone we bring in about 2 billion from advertising alone, which is enough to feed at least 3 3rd world countries, and i think that goes to say that packaging means a lot.

another thing, most of you could look at it like your boyfriend, and realize that before you started talking to him (and realized what a great person he is), you were probably attracted to him right?

I love cute, girly packaging. One major reason I love makeup is b/c I'm a total girly girl. However, I'd much rather use products that are amazingly effective but have plain packaging, than use cutesy products that aren't anything special.

Back