How long is the waitlist?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone on the waitlist, I checked my Ipsy account (having been on the waitlist for about two weeks) this morning and there was a link to skip the wait list by posting it on Facebook.  I had it set up so that anything Ipsy posted can be seen by "Only Me" if you're worried about spamming your friends list.  Just thought I'd share...

I did the  bunny  thing also,  just to my  page also. I was  hoping it would this month but I guess its for  the December bag right?

Quote: Originally Posted by katcole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I did the  bunny  thing also,  just to my  page also. I was  hoping it would this month but I guess its for  the December bag right?

Yeah, my account indicates that I will be charged in December.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  For anyone on the waitlist, I checked my Ipsy account (having been on the waitlist for about two weeks) this morning and there was a link to skip the wait list by posting it on Facebook.  I had it set up so that anything Ipsy posted can be seen by "Only Me" if you're worried about spamming your friends list.  Just thought I'd share...
I did this and it has told me I'll be getting the December box too!

I know it varies from person to person, but I was on the wait list from Oct 10th until November 14th, I used the "share on FB" jump promotion they had going on. I was on for about 2 weeks and then I saw this pop up. However, I wont get novembers bag. I'll get decembers. totally fine by me though.

Hey there, fellow Ipsy-waitlisters!

I just joined the waitlist yesterday (November 25th). I signed up for My Glam way back when it first started, but had issues with my credit card expiring at the same time as getting off the waitlist, so I didn't get my first bag until the first February (which if any of you recall was the worst bag EVER!!!, so I got off.)  Yes, I got that light blue NYX glitter roll-on, and I still freaking have it!!! Unopened, unwanted. Any ideas on what to actually use it for? No way I'm putting that on my face or body, sorry. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Needless to say I'm kicking myself now for missing all the wonderful bags that Ipsy has been putting out lately.

So I'm back on the waiting list, I won't hold my breath until February again. Hehe!

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 Yes, I got that light blue NYX glitter roll-on, and I still freaking have it!!! Unopened, unwanted. Any ideas on what to actually use it for? No way I'm putting that on my face or body, sorry. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@eastofthesun - put it up for a trade.

Is anyone else on the wait list who didn't use the Facebook option? I'm not on Facebook so I've been on the wait list since February. I'm wondering when I'm ever going to get off it! Anyone know how long it might take? Thanks!

I just got off the waitlist with my second account (the one i used in order to get my first account off the waitlist).  I also signed up in February.  So I would think you should be off soon.

Thanks, Saffrya! When did you sign up in February? I just checked and it was Feb. 12th for me…hope my wait won't be too much longer!

I signed up in mid-January via a friend's referral link and just got my first box (May) today. AND, I believe that the only reason I got the box was because I emailed their customer care asking if there was an option to "skip the wait" via Twitter, as I left FB over a year ago. They wrote back and said that it's not an option to do so, but I did immediately get taken off the waitlist. I'm convinced I would have been waiting at least another month without the email...

Hoping that helps someone else. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Having been on the waitlist for 4 months now, I'm convinced that they're completely ignoring anyone who doesn't use the Facebook option. i keep getting "Skip The Waitlist!" emails from them, and that appears to be the only way to get off of it and get a sub. This kind of really turns me off of Ipsy - the whole idea that the only way they're willing to accept my business is if they can also use me to market to my friends and family (assuming that many subscribers who use this skip option don't think to/know how to adjust their FB settings to change that). I'm not liking it.

Having been on the waitlist for 4 months now, I'm convinced that they're completely ignoring anyone who doesn't use the Facebook option. i keep getting "Skip The Waitlist!" emails from them, and that appears to be the only way to get off of it and get a sub. This kind of really turns me off of Ipsy - the whole idea that the only way they're willing to accept my business is if they can also use me to market to my friends and family (assuming that many subscribers who use this skip option don't think to/know how to adjust their FB settings to change that). I'm not liking it.
Yep. I feel/felt the same way. I have many more Twitter followers than I had FB friends when I was using FB -- plus my FB was private. So, not only would fewer people see it in general, but it was completely blocked to EVERYONE else. I saw on a forum, can't remember if it was this one or not, that some people were creating "fake" FBs just to get off the waitlist. Seems silly and against their whole marketing purpose.

So I certainly don't disagree with you. I just got tired of waiting. LOL.

Anyone know if there is a wait right now to join and how long it might be. I'm not on Facebook so I won't be able to do the bypass method. Thx in advance ladies!

I joined the waitlist on 5/25/014 (afternoon) had my friend sign up using my Facebook link I shared with her. I received an email 5/252014 (evening) letting me know that I was now off the waitlist because my friend signed. I will be receiving my first glam bag the middle of June yay. My advice is if you want to get off the waitlist get a friend or family member to sign up. It's almost instant that you're off the waitlist instead of waiting months and missing out!

I wasn't sure if it would do anything, but I sent Ipsy an email a few days ago, mentioning that I was a past subscriber and have now been on the wait list for 4 months trying to restart my subscription. I said I couldn't use the Facebook option to skip the wait list. I got an email back from them the next day, saying that my subscription's been reinstated and I'll be getting June's bag.

A friend wanted to join and I had a prepaid Visa so I tried to use that to sign her up last month and even though the $ on the card was more than enough and I could see authorizations by Ipsy it wouldn't go through and I kept getting an error message sent to me that they couldn't process the card. By then it was too late and I missed the boat for May. I told her she was off the wait list and I needed her card # because the prepaid didn't work (evidently they must be able to tell it's prepaid and that's why it is rejected??) and she gave it to me. 

When I logged in to the account I made her it said she was re-waitlisted but I could skip the line with the FB thing. I then saw in tiny writing below that that I could "skip the line any time by conacting IpsyCare" so I did explaining that the card didn't work last month but I used a different card and really wanted June's bag (I just pretended to be my friend) and saw that it said to contact them to skip the list. They responded with:

"We have just a few extra spots open for this month and I've made a special exception to make sure you get one. We'll bill your card in the next 24 hours and if the charge is successful you'll receive a tracking notification mid-month."
So maybe say you saw that little tiny text saying to contact them to skip the line, especially if you've been waiting a long time or are re-subbing or had CC issues. I think it's a bit weird they said 'special exception' when it literally said: 'skip the line anytime by contacting IpsyCare' They also sent an email saying I would be able to skip if I 'resubbed'.

I just tried to get of the wait list using Facebook, and apparently it's not that simple. It's a four step process, that involves sharing their message on Facebook, liking their page on Facebook, following their channel on YouTube (or channel of one of their stylists), AND and sending invitation email to 20 of your contacts... First three steps I  could deal with (although I feel that it's a bit underhanded to force your subscribers to do this). However, sending email to 20 of my contacts was a deal beaker... I really don't appreciate receiving that kind of emails myself, and I really don't want to do it to my friends and family. 

I guess I'll have to find out for myself how long that wait list is :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. That is if I still want to subscribe with them... It's annoying when companies make you jump through hoops to get something you are planning to pay for. Needless to say, I'm a little turned of by their marketing tactics...

That sucks that they make you send to 20 contacts now. I signed up at the beginning of June and didn't have to do that! Is it 20 people on facebook you have to invite or something?

That sucks that they make you send to 20 contacts now. I signed up at the beginning of June and didn't have to do that! Is it 20 people on facebook you have to invite or something?
No, they meant emailing invitation to 20 people, in addition to sharing the fact that you signed with them on Facebook, and following their stylists on YouTube. Other stuff I could live with, but emailing 20 people really turned me off.

I'm still on a wait list  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Were you placed on the wait list at all? If so, did you have to do anything to get off the wait list?

Back