How long is the waitlist?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, they meant emailing invitation to 20 people, in addition to sharing the fact that you signed with them on Facebook, and following their stylists on YouTube. Other stuff I could live with, but emailing 20 people really turned me off.

I'm still on a wait list  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Were you placed on the wait list at all? If so, did you have to do anything to get off the wait list?
Yeah. I had to subscribe to youtube, twitter, facebook, etc and I can't remember what else..

I wonder if maybe 20 people on here would give you their email addresses? It doesn't say 20 people without an ipsy account already, or does it? Hmmmm... what if you just made up 20 email addresses? Lol I'm such a bad person and it IS cheating, but they really make you go though a lot of hoops for a $10 bag!

That's ridiculous, having people solicit 20 other people when there is already a waitlist! I waited 3 weeks in April 2013 to get off the waitlist.

Liking a companies page or sharing a link on my own page is as far as I'd be willing to go in order to get off a waitlist and I'm growing tired of companies who insist that their potential customers do their spamming for them.  If I wasn't already a subscriber, I'd either just wait it out or not bother and just spend my money elsewhere.

Yeah. I had to subscribe to youtube, twitter, facebook, etc and I can't remember what else..

I wonder if maybe 20 people on here would give you their email addresses? It doesn't say 20 people without an ipsy account already, or does it? Hmmmm... what if you just made up 20 email addresses? Lol I'm such a bad person and it IS cheating, but they really make you go though a lot of hoops for a $10 bag!
lol, I am sure there are ways to get around this silly requirements, but I just refuse. It really doesn't need to be this complicated.

That's ridiculous, having people solicit 20 other people when there is already a waitlist! I waited 3 weeks in April 2013 to get off the waitlist.
I agree. 3 weeks is not bad at all! I'd be happy if I could get off the wait list that fast, but it's been 3 weeks since I signed up, and I have not heard anything from them yet...

Liking a companies page or sharing a link on my own page is as far as I'd be willing to go in order to get off a waitlist and I'm growing tired of companies who insist that their potential customers do their spamming for them.  If I wasn't already a subscriber, I'd either just wait it out or not bother and just spend my money elsewhere.
That's my position as well. So, I'm waiting it out. I was really impatient at first, but I relaxed about it since then. There are more important things in life. And a beauty box may be cool and entertaining, but it's still just a beauty box. Either they will eventually take me of the wait-list or I'll find something else to play with.

It's kinda sketchy to me. I signed up and got off the waitlist at the beginning of June... and THEN it said I wouldn't get a bag until July. They posted that skip-the-waitlist thing on July 3... so they got a lot of people excited who probably won't get a bag until August. Kinda messed up they didn't do it BEFORE the new month starts.

Hi.  I signed up to waitlist on the 12th, and just went through the "3 steps to jump off-the-list" about an hour ago.  They posted to my FB that I'm "so excited to get off the waitlist!" or some such thing (and I could have changed that to "only me" seeing it in the bottom left-hand corner, but decided to let it show to my friends), followed on FB & Twitter, and subscribed to 4 of the Ipsy Youtube chanels.  That's all they asked me to do, and now I'll be charged on the 1st and getting the August bag.  They may change what hoops you have to jump through at different times of month - or mine could be less because I was rejoining after a year and a half or so away.

Last edited by a moderator:
mellee- I just did that too about an hour or two ago. I had just checked my e-mails, and had seen they sent me those steps. I was really excited and the next thing I know someone used the link I posted on facebook, getting me more points. XD

Were you a member before, Xyla?  Someone upthread was saying Ipsy wanted them to email 20 people to get off the list!  After I read that here, I just assumed Ipsy would ask me for the same thing and didn't bother looking.  Wonder why they'd ask different things of different people like that?

I do not sub to ipsy, but I have been invited by email to skip the wait line a few times because I signed up, but never subscribed to the bag. I joined ipsy in May to take advantage of their Too Faced Melted sale. I took the quiz and then just never hit the subscribe button. Around mid month each month I get a skip the line invite. It may be worth a shot to those who have been waiting for a while.

Were you a member before, Xyla?  Someone upthread was saying Ipsy wanted them to email 20 people to get off the list!  After I read that here, I just assumed Ipsy would ask me for the same thing and didn't bother looking.  Wonder why they'd ask different things of different people like that?
looks like the requirements change from time to time. Last month it did ask me to email 20 people in addition to all other stuff. However, I got another "get of the waitlist" email from them. And when I tried to do it just now, they only asked me to post to my facebook page, like then and follow their channels on YouTube. I still find it annoying, but it's not a deal breaker.

So, I'm off the waitlist. Woopwoop!

Mallee- I don't think I was, not sure, I am new lol All I know is that I signed up to get a bag the beginning of June, then they sent me that e-mail. But yea, that is weird that they would tell people different stuff. o_O

Signed up August 29th. Off the waitlist October 1st. I absolutely refuse to advertise a product I hadn't tried, so l am glad the hoops were not necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back