How to Remove Glitter Nail Polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to mention, for those of you that love Zoya Remove but choke on the high price (that would be me), if you Google 'Zoya Polish Remover Recipe' one of the first, if not actually the first, things that pop up will be a post called, 'Moisturize Your Nails With Acetone...kinda' by a blogger named loodie. in it she will give you the simple, 3 ingredient recipe to duplicate Zoya Remove, all it lacks is the purple tint and lavender 'scent'. I've been making my own for over a year and it works really well.

PS: Yes, I tried the real thing just to get the spill proof, 8 oz bottle to help protect my desk. $10 plus shipping. OUCH! The homemade really is just as good.

I forgot to mention, for those of you that love Zoya Remove but choke on the high price (that would be me), if you Google 'Zoya Polish Remover Recipe' one of the first, if not actually the first, things that pop up will be a post called, 'Moisturize Your Nails With Acetone...kinda' by a blogger named loodie. in it she will give you the simple, 3 ingredient recipe to duplicate Zoya Remove, all it lacks is the purple tint and lavender 'scent'. I've been making my own for over a year and it works really well. PS: Yes, I tried the real thing just to get the spill proof, 8 oz bottle to help protect my desk. $10 plus shipping. OUCH! The homemade really is just as good.
Never heard of this, but you probably just saved me a ton of money! Thank you! :)

I recently received Nailtini's glitter polish in Millionaire complete with bar glitter and it was super hard to get off, even with felt. I actually had to soak my nails like they do to get the uv gel manicures off. I think maybe ill back off on number of coats in the future. I didn't even think of using foil. Good idea!

I had material girl on from china glaze. I had 5 coats of polish on. Removed it yesterday and it was hell! Will try the foil method next time. Thanks

I had painted my nails with Zoya Robin and a coat of Julep Carly on top. I forgot how horrible glitter was to remove! I used my Zoya remover, but it's still such a pain to take off. Plus, I'm not patient enough to leave foil on my fingers....

I use a $3.29 bottle of 100% pure acetone that i got at walgreens, I only needed one cotton ball to get EVERY bit of polish off my fingers, and it took all of 2 minutes.

I also use the foil method for removing all of my nail polish. One of my least favorite things in the world to do. When I first came across this just thought 'my god that's freaking brilliant!'. It has drastically cut down the time it takes for me to do my nails.

felt is awesome. i had some travel polish remover wipes once and they were felt, after seeing how easy it was to get polish off with them ive been cutting squares of felt ever since.

Back