I dislike my dad!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Lia /img/forum/go_quote.gif You should call the police NOW, not later. Don't let they hurt you anymore Yep, do it while your memory and bruises are still fresh.

Originally Posted by lummerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ohhh, Shelley! I'm so sorry! I'm so angry at what your dad did to your arm. I don't know how parents can be that crappy!!! If he's drinking then unfortunately that would probably explain a bit why he was acting the way he was. Im in the same boat as in i don't communicate with either of my parents. Both of them loves to remind me of how useless their only daughter is...meh! It's hard...but what else can you do? At least you have a brother. Are you and him close at all?

All i say is...keep your chin up and things do get better. (((((HUG)))))))

I hate it when people use drinking as an excuse for their actions. Its just an excuse, the drinking did not force them to take the actions. Those people know well and truly that their behavour changes with drinking.

I am so pleased you are going to seek help for this Shelley, also a doctors job is not to judge you but to treat you help you. If you feel you are being judged you got to change doctors.

You have every right to feel comfortable and most of all safe.

Update...

I called the police. My dad was arrested and charged with assault. I hope this will make him realize that he can't hurt or bully me. I heard through someone else that my mom is ticked that I called the police. That's her problem. I'm glad I have distanced myself. I will never be like them.

Good for you!! You did the right thing and it doesn't matter what your mother thinks. We support you and are here for you!

Shelley, I am so proud of you for calling the police. I know it is hard. I had to call them once on my father for slamming me up against a wall and for assaulting my mom, so I know how you feel. I am estranged from my father (not just for that incident) as well. *big hugs* Just remember, we are here for you.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif i agree !! did you see your doctor? what did he say? I did see my new family doctor earlier this week. I told him about my elbow symptoms and past abuse which has led to medical problems. He was very good about it and plans on writing the surgeon a letter to explain my recent symptoms, cause etc. I see the surgeon Dec.11th for a follow up. My arm and fingers are affected. I have numbness in my little and ring fingers and electrical sensations that shoot up to my wrist when I lean or tap my elbow. I try not to lean on the elbow but if you tap it feels like a intense zap radiating up to my wrist. I had this before and after surgery, typical of the elbow problem I had, but since the incident it is worse. I will keep everyone updated.

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shelley, I am so proud of you for calling the police. I know it is hard. I had to call them once on my father for slamming me up against a wall and for assaulting my mom, so I know how you feel. I am estranged from my father (not just for that incident) as well. *big hugs* Just remember, we are here for you.
smile.gif
I'm sorry you had to go through that Kristie. I do remember months ago you mentioned about your father, past problems. Did you find it hard being estranged at first or was it easy? I found it hard at first but in the long run it's my own health and safety that is important, don't need the stress of my parents.

Back