I'm a boy but I want to look like a girl - I need fashion/makeup tips!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So when's the big day? Don't forget some before and after transformation photos and maybe a video or two!!

as far as makeup goes, whether you're a girl OR boy...if you're starting from no experience, it takes practice! (and lots of blending)

I honestly only started wearing more than just blush maybe a year or two ago.

I started modeling earlier this year, and it's forced me to try to step up my game. I've been told that I now do my makeup well enough to not worry about -needing- an MUA ("make up artist") on shoots. (It's always cool to learn from a professional, but at least I can now do a semi-dramatic look by myself.)

I'm still learning and working on getting better, but practice, practice, practice. Watch videos, try to copy a style you like, then try it again, but this time use your own style. The more you practice, the more you'll start to notice when it looks "okay" versus "wow that looks really good"

My favorite practice time is just before a shower. That way you don't have to worry about somebody going "wtf did you do?" -- if it looks bad nobody will know! (lol I've tried out some crazy makeup ideas just before hopping into the shower, like drawing huge fake cartoon eyes onto my eyelids, or a leopard print look, just to try it out) If it looks good, you can always take a quick snapshot, or log it into your brain as a "do it again next time and perfect it!"

The brown dress looks good on you in the picture, but yeah...we'd probably have to see it in person to be able to give you a better response as to how really looks. As far as Karren's comment on the short skirts/dresses, you think that maybe tights would still show off a figure but maybe make it less of a "dead give away"? (I've got no clue on that part, sorry, but maybe it's a suggestion?)

Originally Posted by girlyboy9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol I dont understand dior. My legs are fantastic but a little what? I'm confused! I should be meeting with someone i met here on MUT soon, so when I do I will make sure and post pics! Your legs are fantastic. I was kind of confused with that part of their post as well.

Thanks for the advice all! Lol I think I understand that one girls post. I think she meant my legs are fantastic but they have some hair on them(ick I know). I want to shave them really bad but am afraid someone would notice...

I'm sorry I havent been able to post any pics, I still havent met with my MUT contact, I've been so busy with buying a house that I've been sidetracked. I'll try soon though! I've lost a few more pounds since my last pic so I'm excited to show off my figure! Love you all.

Hi =] Lovin the fashion you're sportin ^^

Atop what everyone else has said I have some tips I guess about ya if ya don't mind:

1) I don't think you should lose anymore weight. When I see guys dresses as girls, most of them are very tall and very lanky..in the pictures that you posted your weight and figure are just ace! You want to watch with how much weight you lose because the more fat you drop the more easy it is to see your manly bones graced at your birth and is a dead giveaway, having a natural girly layer of fat would be just perfect for you IMHO.

2) I think that if you want to go with a heeled shoe that you should stick with something that has more ankle and top-of-foot contact rather than something that just sticks to the bottom. It will draw the eye away from your natural prominent muscles (not that big of problem but something I picked out) and to the super cute shoes on the super cute doll 8D Examples: (you can click on em to go to the site too)

http://www.polyvore.com/yves_saint_laurent/thing?id=9602907

img-thing

Good luck and hope to see some piccies soon =]

Originally Posted by Etha /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi =] Lovin the fashion you're sportin ^^
Atop what everyone else has said I have some tips I guess about ya if ya don't mind:

1) I don't think you should lose anymore weight. When I see guys dresses as girls, most of them are very tall and very lanky..in the pictures that you posted your weight and figure are just ace! You want to watch with how much weight you lose because the more fat you drop the more easy it is to see your manly bones graced at your birth and is a dead giveaway, having a natural girly layer of fat would be just perfect for you IMHO.

2) I think that if you want to go with a heeled shoe that you should stick with something that has more ankle and top-of-foot contact rather than something that just sticks to the bottom. It will draw the eye away from your natural prominent muscles (not that big of problem but something I picked out) and to the super cute shoes on the super cute doll 8D Examples: (you can click on em to go to the site too)

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=9896863

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=9966198

http://www.polyvore.com/yves_saint_laurent/thing?id=9602907

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=9602907

Good luck and hope to see some piccies soon =]

Hey thanks so much for the advice! I totally agree with you on the shoes, but those shoe pics you sent are super high heels! Lol they arent exactly everyday type of shoes. What kinds can I wear for just anytime or even out to dinner with a nice dress that wouldnt give away my big old feet?
frown.gif

I hope I dont have a bunch of 'prominent muscles' too! At least I dont think I do lol?

Originally Posted by Snoofard /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'll give some clothing advice for what it's worth.Wear garments that have shape or are fitted an example would be a princess line jackethttp://www.plusfairy.com/images/8890.jpgAnd things that give the illusion of curves!read here for an article on thishttp://www.thechicfashionista.com/body-shapes-2.html

find your shape and then enhance it with clothes

Are you wanting to be Ultra Glam or a more natural look?I think you look pretty damn good in that dress too.

Go Ahead and shave your legs a lot of men despise their own body hair and rid themselves of it.My boyfriend included he is hair free!

Hey girl! I'm definitely looking for a more natural passable as a girl look. Although I'd love that ultra glam look too as long as it didnt look drag queenish. Thanks for the compliment too! I think I just got lucky with that dress and how it hangs on me.
I'd shave my legs but I have a gf and shed notice pretty quickly and would be weirded out! I'm thinking about getting a bf instead though...who knows
smile.gif

Quote:
Hey thanks so much for the advice! I totally agree with you on the shoes, but those shoe pics you sent are super high heels! Lol they arent exactly everyday type of shoes. What kinds can I wear for just anytime or even out to dinner with a nice dress that wouldnt give away my big old feet?
Oh no no hun lol nevermind about them heels I was just using the top of the foot styling as an example of soe things to look for in the store.

Quote:
I hope I dont have a bunch of 'prominent muscles' too! At least I dont think I do lol? don't worry you don't lol theres just a noticeable difference between mens feet and womens feet XD Guys have more muscle there, is all =]

Originally Posted by Snoofard /img/forum/go_quote.gif G.B.9, Wedge Heels are easy to walk in and are a nice all around shoe they make the feet look small too!http://www.splendicity.com/files/200...wedge-heel.jpgyou don't have to go that high just an example.

I wear 2 pairs of panty hose covers up a muttude of sins LOL!

I can't wait to see you again!It's been a long time since I've been around cross dressers,drag queens & I miss beat'n the face with them & hang'n out!

Ooooo youre a crossdresser too? Have you posted any pics up here? I want to see what you look like! Come on do it do it
smile.gif
. Yep its fun here, I just love being around ppl that love makeup and fashion and all other things so much
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Etha /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh no no hun lol nevermind about them heels I was just using the top of the foot styling as an example of soe things to look for in the store.
don't worry you don't lol theres just a noticeable difference between mens feet and womens feet XD Guys have more muscle there, is all =]

Lol ok thanks, you had me horrible there for a second that my big prominent man muscles and bones were giving me away
smile.gif
. Youre right about the shoes too, I just dunno how many I can find like that that arent super glammed up and high

Quote:
I just dunno how many I can find like that that arent super glammed up and high Well don't forget that if you do see an awesome pair of shoes and you think they are too high you can ALWAYS cut down the heels to the preferred length or if you're too apprehensive about working on some yourself you can probably take them to cobbler, heel editing shouldn't cost too much.

Originally Posted by Snoofard /img/forum/go_quote.gif My Grandpa was a cross dresser and I have some pics of him I'll post them if I can find somehe had a BIG Ol Blond "Tammy Wynette Wig!LOL

Now that sounds like the makin of a good country western song.... Lol. Or at least a different one!

Have you watched Youtube makeup tutorials by boys in the makeup industry? I'd recommend ABoyWearingMakeup and EnKore.

I posted videos by them in this article:

disarraymagazine.com/2009/09/top-picks-youtube-beauty-tutorials.html

ABoyWearingMakeup is fun to watch. He's hilarious and gives great tips on contouring your face, etc. EnKore is also good since he's been in the industry longer.

Originally Posted by ChristyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you watched Youtube makeup tutorials by boys in the makeup industry? I'd recommend ABoyWearingMakeup and EnKore.
I posted videos by them in this article:

disarraymagazine.com/2009/09/top-picks-youtube-beauty-tutorials.html

ABoyWearingMakeup is fun to watch. He's hilarious and gives great tips on contouring your face, etc. EnKore is also good since he's been in the industry longer.

Hey! Honestly I think EnKore really doesnt look very good, I've watched his videos before...ABoyWearingMakeup isnt bad though! I do watch tutorials but I still feel like I can never get it right.
I get mostly I'm pretty girly in all aspects, but have enough boy features(from walking and talking and dressing and makeup and hair), that its still kind of obvious I'm not really a girl, which is sad! Thats what I wanted to come here and try and hone my look and skills some...

Hi Christina! Awww.....You are so cute in the pics you posted! Your lovely hair and the coquettish way you are standing is charming!

I'm a girl but really wish I were a boy I think! I'm not a girlygirl at all...I mean I love makeup and hair but not the rest of it: the cattiness, the flirting, the deference to men....maybe I am a girl wishing to be the kind of boy who loves makeup....jeez I'm so confused...!

I don't have any words of wisdom except eyebrows can really make a face come alive! A nice arch would really soften your already lovely look. Also, have you ever considered laser hair removal? Pricey but it's the ultimate solution!

Anyway, you are a doll and good luck with the house too!

kisskiss XX

Originally Posted by georgie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi Christina! Awww.....You are so cute in the pics you posted! Your lovely hair and the coquettish way you are standing is charming!
I'm a girl but really wish I were a boy I think! I'm not a girlygirl at all...I mean I love makeup and hair but not the rest of it: the cattiness, the flirting, the deference to men....maybe I am a girl wishing to be the kind of boy who loves makeup....jeez I'm so confused...!

I don't have any words of wisdom except eyebrows can really make a face come alive! A nice arch would really soften your already lovely look. Also, have you ever considered laser hair removal? Pricey but it's the ultimate solution!

Anyway, you are a doll and good luck with the house too!

kisskiss XX

Thanks! Lol I'm not even sure what coquettish means but I know its a compliment so thank you
smile.gif
. If you wanna be a boy I would gladly trade you! You could be a boy who loevs makeup and I could be a girl! Problem solved
smile.gif

I know eyebrows would help I just am afraid plucking them would be too obvious...I've almost done it plenty of times but chicken out.

Hi Christina,

Yeh, sometimes Mother Nature gets it wrong, I guess...but we can always embellish on her mistakes and make them our own special look. Sure! I would love to trade places with you!!! You want to be a blonde girl? I would love to be an Asian boy like you!!

Anyway...no! don't pluck yourself!! Have it done professionally the first time and then you can keep the strays plucked thereafter!! I think it really makes a face feminine.

Yeh! coquettish IS a compliment!!! It means demure and girlish and flirty!! All the things I am NOT!!

How is the house coming along???

Originally Posted by georgie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi Christina,Yeh, sometimes Mother Nature gets it wrong, I guess...but we can always embellish on her mistakes and make them our own special look. Sure! I would love to trade places with you!!! You want to be a blonde girl? I would love to be an Asian boy like you!!

Anyway...no! don't pluck yourself!! Have it done professionally the first time and then you can keep the strays plucked thereafter!! I think it really makes a face feminine.

Yeh! coquettish IS a compliment!!! It means demure and girlish and flirty!! All the things I am NOT!!

How is the house coming along???

The house is great, I move in next week!
Lol of COURSE I want to be a blonde girl, honestly who doesnt? Lets do it
smile.gif
. Haha and I"m all for being demure and girlish and flirty! I'm sure youre all those things too
smile.gif

I know the eyebrows would make me look girlier but I cant make it so conspicuous that everybody would notice. I'm trying to get that girly look without anything too too permanent. OH I dont know! Thanks for the advice and compliments though girl
smile.gif

xoxo

Christina

Originally Posted by girlyboy9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey! Honestly I think EnKore really doesnt look very good, I've watched his videos before...ABoyWearingMakeup isnt bad though! I do watch tutorials but I still feel like I can never get it right.
I get mostly I'm pretty girly in all aspects, but have enough boy features(from walking and talking and dressing and makeup and hair), that its still kind of obvious I'm not really a girl, which is sad! Thats what I wanted to come here and try and hone my look and skills some...

OMG I just had the biggest outburst. I think EnKore does a good job at explaining things though. lol What do you think about this tutorial?
youtube.com/watch?v=88qW7T_Pux0

He basically transforms himself here!

Yeh I like Enkore too, but I get that sometimes he does look kinda rough....I'm one to talk though....LOL. He's just so sweet you want to be his best friend!

Girlyboy i would definitely say that if you can do it shaving your legs is quite a sensual experience. You mentioned that you didn't want to freak out your GF but have you considered that it might not be like that. If she truly is into you I think there is a fair amount of acceptance on her part. I would venture to say that a lot of the the females responding to this thread would back me up on that. So don't completely put that idea out of your mind and it might turn out that it is something that you can share.

I can tell you, that to have a partner that completely accepts you and enjoys taking part in the transformation process it is simply the best! It by far have been some of the most enjoyable crossdressing experiences I have had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like some of those shoes that Etha posted! I don't recall Girlyboy mentioning a shoe size but that is the bane of most CDs. All the cool shoes seem to only go up to a size 9. I consider myself lucky as i can squeeze into a 10 if they are wide enough.

Back