Influenster Spring "Beauty VoxBox"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if it will work for me to use a video taken with my iphone for my unboxing? Will the format post okay on the Influenster site? I am so excited for this box!

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if it will work for me to use a video taken with my iphone for my unboxing? Will the format post okay on the Influenster site? I am so excited for this box!
You don't actually upload the video to the Influenster website, you upload it to Youtube and then submit the link on your Influenster profile and they import the media. So, to answer your question, yes an iPhone video will work just fine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You've got to realize that there are a LOT more badges than just the "Influence" and "Lifestyle" badges available to unlock when you register.  Each VoxBox itself received is a potential badge, as well as each product in the VoxBox comes with a challenge to qualify for a "brand" badge, so anybody who has received even one VoxBox might already have 5-8+ badges over you.  Someone who has been with Influenster for a few years probably has received more than one or two VoxBoxes already, so even 15-20 badges really isn't a lot.

FYI this was from their facebook:

I actually qualify in that group -- I joined in December (received the Holiday VoxBox last year), and have not received a box in 2012 yet.
I completely "realize" that other people have way more badges then me(you should be careful how you word things when typing, it sounded a lot ruder then I'm sure(and hope) you meant it). I was simply saying that they suggest the more badges a person (I am not specifically talking about me, I am talking about anyone) has, the better their chances are at receiving the VoxBoxes, but clearly(according to the FB quote you showed me, that isn't at all how they choose. Which is fine, the newbies should have a chance(BTW, I started in January, so I'm even more new).

I'm not mad at all, this is a free awesome service, I am simply disappointed which is a normal reaction, especially because I(along with anyone else that is on this forum) would have loved this VoxBox. Oh well, next time! I did get the Love VoxBox and I actually just refilled my Venus & Olay razor cartridge, and get the tea all the time, so it was a complete success for me(plus, it was fun).

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have not qualified for a box since I joined Influenster. I figured since this most recent one was a beauty box and geared towards new members who have not received one yet I'd likely qualify, but nope. Bummed out lol
I would e-mail them, I reached out to them for the Love VoxBox(because I was new and eager :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) and they sent me one. So e-mail them, tell them that this is completely your type of box and that you haven't received one before. They might surprise you and get you one!

Originally Posted by Jwls750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would e-mail them, I reached out to them for the Love VoxBox(because I was new and eager :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) and they sent me one. So e-mail them, tell them that this is completely your type of box and that you haven't received one before. They might surprise you and get you one!
Thanks for the suggestion!! I might just do that actually 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the suggestion!! I might just do that actually 
smile.gif
Go for it! I hope it works in your favor!!

They said the boxes are leaving the warehouse and we can expect them starting this week! Finally yay! 

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You don't actually upload the video to the Influenster website, you upload it to Youtube and then submit the link on your Influenster profile and they import the media. So, to answer your question, yes an iPhone video will work just fine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Great! Thank you.

Originally Posted by Jwls750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I completely "realize" that other people have way more badges then me(you should be careful how you word things when typing, it sounded a lot ruder then I'm sure(and hope) you meant it). I was simply saying that they suggest the more badges a person (I am not specifically talking about me, I am talking about anyone) has, the better their chances are at receiving the VoxBoxes, but clearly(according to the FB quote you showed me, that isn't at all how they choose. Which is fine, the newbies should have a chance(BTW, I started in January, so I'm even more new).

I'm not mad at all, this is a free awesome service, I am simply disappointed which is a normal reaction, especially because I(along with anyone else that is on this forum) would have loved this VoxBox. Oh well, next time! I did get the Love VoxBox and I actually just refilled my Venus & Olay razor cartridge, and get the tea all the time, so it was a complete success for me(plus, it was fun).
Sorry!!
icon_redface.gif
  I wasn't trying to sound rude.  I, myself, was COMPLETELY ignorant and hadn't realized that you could earn more badges after receiving a box until I actually received my first box, so when I first started out, I thought my 8-12ish badges was close to max, and didn't realize that people were out there with 30-50 or more badges.  I guess I've seen a few people posting that they've got every (or nearly every) badge possible, so I was figuring that they were where I was, not realizing that every badge possible before your first box is actually not a whole lot of badges.

I agree it's okay to be disappointed (I was there with you when they announced the Love Voxbox and I wasn't chosen, and then again when I took the survey for the PalmOlive thing ...and again did not get chosen).  I guess it's just something that makes you even more grateful when you *do* get chosen for a box, it makes it even more fun.  I guess if we all got every box every time, it wouldn't be as exciting, right?

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry!!
icon_redface.gif
  I wasn't trying to sound rude.  I, myself, was COMPLETELY ignorant and hadn't realized that you could earn more badges after receiving a box until I actually received my first box, so when I first started out, I thought my 8-12ish badges was close to max, and didn't realize that people were out there with 30-50 or more badges.  I guess I've seen a few people posting that they've got every (or nearly every) badge possible, so I was figuring that they were where I was, not realizing that every badge possible before your first box is actually not a whole lot of badges.

I agree it's okay to be disappointed (I was there with you when they announced the Love Voxbox and I wasn't chosen, and then again when I took the survey for the PalmOlive thing ...and again did not get chosen).  I guess it's just something that makes you even more grateful when you *do* get chosen for a box, it makes it even more fun.  I guess if we all got every box every time, it wouldn't be as exciting, right?
Exactly! The whole "am I gonna get chosen this time" is part of the experience I think. I remember for the Love VoxBox I stayed up super late waiting for it :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I get so frustrated with the people who complain about not getting one, because it's 100% free! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Congrats to all the Spring Box winners. I got the Love VoxBox and hopefully I get the mommy one so I'm excited to see what you ladies get.

So did you all getting shipping notices? Or is it just going to show up at my house one day soon?

Mine showed up today! Is it sad that I liked this better than my May BB?

Literally half the items I can use today (going to a wedding this afternoon). And one of them I've already used ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Yum. One of the items I was getting ready to go buy, even. What a terrific box!!

Now that I've seen the contents, I don't feel as bad about not being chosen....pretty much everything in there is something with which I'm already familiar :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by arendish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine showed up today! Is it sad that I liked this better than my May BB?

Literally half the items I can use today (going to a wedding this afternoon). And one of them I've already used ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Yum. One of the items I was getting ready to go buy, even. What a terrific box!!
I got my box today and when I opened it up, I thought "this is so much better than this month's BB, and I got it for free". Oh happy day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Latest posts

Back