Ipsy/MyGlam: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I laughed at your line about the deflating balloon opening BB because that's exactly how I felt and eventually canceled. Ipsy blew it out of the water this month. So happy with this month's bag!
LOL!  Guess we're kindred spirits then!!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why are you SO pretty? 

Can you come do my makeup please? 
I agree!!  Are you taking reservations for makeup tutorials???  Very pretty!

This is one of the best sub boxes I have ever received! Generous sizes on the samples so I can try them several times (and 2 are full size), more than one brand I have been wanting to try, and a great mix of products. There is not a single item I am not interested in trying, especially the mascara, eyeshadows, and hair oil. Ipsy hit a home run with this one :)

Don´t know if its ok to post this here but the birchbox trade thread is full and I don´t see a new one yet

I received the lip bomb in 9 and would like to swap for 10 or maybe another

I also have the eyeliner in Onyx and the Balm mascara for trade

All items are brand new

PM me, I will look at all trade lists

Thanks

New trade thread is here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/129604/beauty-box-open-trading-list/60#post_1953494

Originally Posted by lorizav /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don´t know if its ok to post this here but the birchbox trade thread is full and I don´t see a new one yet

I received the lip bomb in 9 and would like to swap for 10 or maybe another

I also have the eyeliner in Onyx and the Balm mascara for trade

All items are brand new

PM me, I will look at all trade lists

Thanks

Gorgeous! Which Lip Bomb did you get?
Thank you!! I received #4, but I haven't used it yet......hoping to trade for #2. In this photo I used a Revlon balm stain :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Why are you SO pretty?  Can you come do my makeup please? 
Aww thank you!! Your seriously so sweet. I wish I had an ounce of skill at applying makeup on others hahaha

Just signed up for ipsy.  The bags look awesome!  Question- does everyone get the same bag with variations in color based on our profiles?  Or do we get different products?  Just wondering based on how birchbox is... tons of variations in boxes.

Hopefully the November bag is great too because it looks like i'm too late for october!  The lip bomb looks fab..

Originally Posted by KatieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just signed up for ipsy.  The bags look awesome!  Question- does everyone get the same bag with variations in color based on our profiles?  Or do we get different products?  Just wondering based on how birchbox is... tons of variations in boxes.

Hopefully the November bag is great too because it looks like i'm too late for october!  The lip bomb looks fab..
Usually everyone gets the same thing but in different colors. There have been a few bags that had ONE either/or item. Like one month is was Murad liquid bronzer or 3Lab face cleanser or Josie Moran Lipstain or Buxon Lipgloss. It doesn't happen every month, but when it does the items are pretty close unlike BB.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is a weird comment, but most Asian girls with double eyelids (me for one) have pretty small eyelids. If that's the issue, you can try searching youtube for "Asian eye makeup tutorial"!
I have the same issue with the small eyelids and I also have a large expanse between my crease and brow... so I usually have to use only neutral colors, or it looks kind of cuckoo. I have learned to extend the dark color up past the crease, and that kind of gives the illusion of more depth without being deep-set, if that makes any sense at all.

I'm starting to think that Mail Innovations is low priority for USPS. I live just north of Indianapolis, and my bag has been stuck in a post office there since Monday night. The tracking info hasn't changed. This is my first bag, and I can't wait to get it....that is, if I ever get it.

Anyone else still waiting for her bag?

Can someone post a picture of the Mirenesse #2 (red) being worn? I want to see what it looks like on lips since I know my #9 looks completely different in the tube vs on my lips.

Originally Posted by emilyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm starting to think that Mail Innovations is low priority for USPS. I live just north of Indianapolis, and my bag has been stuck in a post office there since Monday night. The tracking info hasn't changed. This is my first bag, and I can't wait to get it....that is, if I ever get it.

Yea, I agree.  It's hit or miss.  Some months I get certain subs "on time" and others seem to be hanging out at the post office or mail innovations for a few days longer.  I dunno.  When my bag was out for delivery and I didn't get it, I called my local post office and inquired about it.  It was more successful than just calling the 800 number.  If you know which post office delivers to your house I'd try giving them a call.

I think that there is some confusion with the name of the Lib Bombs, I've seen a bunch of people say they received their's in "Mirror Me", but I think they all say that. I got #9 and it says "Mirror Me" and someone else got #4 and it says the same thing. I think the only way to distinguish them is by the number on the bottom.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that there is some confusion with the name of the Lib Bombs, I've seen a bunch of people say they received their's in "Mirror Me", but I think they all say that. I got #9 and it says "Mirror Me" and someone else got #4 and it says the same thing. I think the only way to distinguish them is by the number on the bottom.
Yes people are confused. If you go to the Mirenesse website Mirror Me is the product name of this particular gloss while the color is labeled by numbers.

Originally Posted by emilyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am still waiting for my bag, and mu situation is the same as you. I am going to call later.

Has anyone put in for the freebie they had listed o their packaging for the mascara? I signed up via Facebook and haven't heard anything. Just curious to see if any one else has.

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone put in for the freebie they had listed o their packaging for the mascara? I signed up via Facebook and haven't heard anything. Just curious to see if any one else has.
It said you won't be notified if you're a winner until...December! haha

I absolutely loved my bag this month except for the eyeliner. I tried it today, and it was hard to use. I don't like the tip on it. I like the, Marbella liner much better. I'm not mad, I know I'll find someone who will love it!

Latest posts

Back