Ipsy/MyGlam: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes the Marbella is the one that flips.  I just pulled mine out to check, although I never understood how it "flips."  Eyeko is defintely attached (looked at that one too)  I have a bit of any eyeliner habit! and eyeshadow and mascara...
Wait...it flips??? How???

Originally Posted by Meshybelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wait...it flips??? How???
You pull out the tip and flip it over and stick it back in! I was so scared I was going to break it but it did work!

Thanks!  I am going to have to try that!  Is there a difference between "ends?"

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You pull out the tip and flip it over and stick it back in! I was so scared I was going to break it but it did work!

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They got rid of the waitlist when they switched to ipsy and launched their new site.

Several of us managed to make 2nd accounts earlier this month and didn't have to wait.
How do you make the account? there is no place to see my billing info, their new site is so confusing. I just want to be signed up for the next bag!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! I'll have to try that!

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only person who finds the #9 lip bomb to show up as a peachy nude instead of pink? On me, it's definitely peachy/coral and not pink.
This happened to me last month with the Glossybox pink lipstick.  On me it was definitely super peachy/coral.  Then, this month I was excited to see that for some of the ladies here, their # 4 lip bombs changed to hot pink on their lips.  Not for me.  Just stayed the same color.  I also have a #9, and I am afraid to try it, because I am afraid it will pull too warm. 

I would love to know the science of why certain shades look amazing and certain shades look horrid with various skin and hair and eye colors.  If anyone can point me in a direction to read about this, I would appreciate it.

I like the big marker type eyeliner because I do a really think line on my upper eye line, and my eyeshadow doesn't rub off on the tip no matter how much I put on. My Marbella dried out in like a day so I never really got to try that one, I'm not too fond of marker-type liners but I love the one we got this month!

I never realized that felt tip products could be reversed after use! When i got the mirabella i saw there was a little picture on the actual eyeliner itself demonstrating with arrows that it could be flipped. I tried it on some lip products i had, like lip stain markers and it worked too! It gave some of my older lipstains a whole new life!! Lol

Would love to trade my #9 lip bomb for a #10 (did anyone even get #10) or maybe #4

Any takers?

Originally Posted by lorizav /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Would love to trade my #9 lip bomb for a #10 (did anyone even get #10) or maybe #4

Any takers?

The only colors that were sent out were 2, 4, & 9.

I have #4 and will trade for your #9. I swatched it once on my clean hand.

It is taking a while to get used to the big marker eyeliner.  I have been using gel liner for to do a cat eye, but it is soo much easier to be back to a pen.  I think formulas have improved over the years!

I'm starting to think that Mail Innovations is low priority for USPS. I live just north of Indianapolis, and my bag has been stuck in a post office there since Monday night. The tracking info hasn't changed. This is my first bag, and I can't wait to get it....that is, if I ever get it. Anyone else still waiting for her bag?
mine was out for delivery since 10/15 but now all of a sudden it has been rerouted to NC as per today's tracking!!! so frustrating.

I finally opened my lip bomb (I got #4), but right when I opened it, it exploded on me! It's like someone has already opened it before because it was a mess and it stained my shorts. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It literally was a bomb -_____- I swatched it though! I think I might try to mix it with one of my OCC Lip Tars to see how it looks when it's mixed.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wasn't the Mirabella liner the one you can flip the tip?
you can flip the tip you have to pull it out and it comes out easliy then flip and put back in. I've done it. (it's messy on your fingers thou lol)

I'm not sure if it is just me, but my Mirenesse lip bomb has a strong chemical, almost paint like, smell to it. I can tell that it has a hint of a mint smell underneath of it, but I'm not really sure what it is supposed to smell like. I'm a little put off by it, so I haven't used it on my lips yet. Is this normal?

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally opened my lip bomb (I got #4), but right when I opened it, it exploded on me! It's like someone has already opened it before because it was a mess and it stained my shorts. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It literally was a bomb -_____- I swatched it though! I think I might try to mix it with one of my OCC Lip Tars to see how it looks when it's mixed.

Aw sorry that happened but on a good note the color looks gorgeous on you!

Latest posts

Back