Ipsy/MyGlam: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love it if you ladies would post reviews of the Mirenesse lip bombs.

Wait...my Lip Bomb is that awful light pink but it says 9 on the bottom.  Or maybe I read it wrong...either way.  I like the formula of the bomb...it has great staying power and just pretty well rocks all around, but that ballet pink doesn't belong on my face.  LOL

I got #9 which is really annoying because I have "tan" skin and it definately doesn't go with m skin tone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am a dark red type of girl! I am so glad for the trading here because I have already found some great ladies to trade it to!

Received my bag today. It was scheduled to be here Monday so getting it today was a nice surprise.

I got #4 in the Lip Balm which I am going to have to practice with because it feathers outside my lip line. (I did not use lip liner first.) It is a hot pink on my lips and is out of my color comfort zone but I am going rock it anyways.

I forget which # it is but my eyeshadow is the one with the red pan. Boy, are those pans tiny. Sooo cute. I am going to have to experiment with the red because it's kind of scary looking right now. The rest of the colors in the set I think will be fine.

I played with the eyeliner for a bit and I think I am going to like it. I have never used a marker-type eyeliner before. The Balm mascara will be on hold for a bit because I already have 4 mascaras in rotation right now and I don't want to open a new one until it's time to pitch the others. Excited to try the hair oil because my hair is really dry on the ends and could use an intervention.

I have Lip Bomb 4, the bright pink one, and it is crazy pigmented. I like it! It's a bit too bold for daily wear for me (I am more of a bright eyes and subtle lips person), but the color is beautiful. 

It's super long lasting for me...nothing usually lasts on me longer than an hour (I'm a chronic lip licker and biter), and this lasted for several hours on me. This (messy) pic is after wearing it for about an hour.

Originally Posted by Roxane68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Received my bag today. It was scheduled to be here Monday so getting it today was a nice surprise.

I got #4 in the Lip Balm which I am going to have to practice with because it feathers outside my lip line. (I did not use lip liner first.) It is a hot pink on my lips and is out of my color comfort zone but I am going rock it anyways.

I forget which # it is but my eyeshadow is the one with the red pan. Boy, are those pans tiny. Sooo cute. I am going to have to experiment with the red because it's kind of scary looking right now. The rest of the colors in the set I think will be fine.

I played with the eyeliner for a bit and I think I am going to like it. I have never used a marker-type eyeliner before. The Balm mascara will be on hold for a bit because I already have 4 mascaras in rotation right now and I don't want to open a new one until it's time to pitch the others. Excited to try the hair oil because my hair is really dry on the ends and could use an intervention.
I had that issue too (as you can see in the pic I posted) but I've found I have better results if I just dab it in the middle of my lip and then spread it with my finger...it's a bit more subtle that way, too.

I love the color and the way it looks on you!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have Lip Bomb 4, the bright pink one, and it is crazy pigmented. I like it! It's a bit too bold for daily wear for me (I am more of a bright eyes and subtle lips person), but the color is beautiful. 

It's super long lasting for me...nothing usually lasts on me longer than an hour (I'm a chronic lip licker and biter), and this lasted for several hours on me. This (messy) pic is after wearing it for about an hour.

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got around to trying my set #5 for the first time. I LOVE these colors and they are surprisingly wearable for me being so pale 
laughing.gif

Those are surprisingly pigmented colors. I'd always wanted to try Coastal Scents. Now I want more. lol. 

Are you wearing the liner from this month's bag? I'm too nervous to use mine for now. lol. I'm not very good at applying liner in the first place and that stuff lasts for a while. I did a swatch on my hand and even after washing them vigorously (and showering), the line STILL remained. I felt like if I used it on my lid and messed up, I'd be doomed to walk around with the evidence for a few days. :p

I had that issue too (as you can see in the pic I posted) but I've found I have better results if I just dab it in the middle of my lip and then spread it with my finger...it's a bit more subtle that way, too.
i also have lip bomb #4 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i put some product in the middle of my lips and then use a lip brush.. if i need more, then i will dab a little bit more and such!

Well with one of my marker type liners the tip fell out on it's own which is how I discovered it had a flip tip. I could have sworn it was one from Ipsy but now I'm not sure. LOL I'll have to find the liners to look.

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you do that? I am still trying to figure that out?
I pulled it out and it was double ended lol

Did you happen to get the Buxom lip gloss in Leslie (light pink ) a while back? I put it in the middle of #4 and it tones it down for a daytime look. Very nice!

I got the Lip Bomb 4.  It's hard to say WHAT color it is... it looks different in the tube (nude, purple-ly berry), on the applicator (dark, almost like a dark red), and on the lips (I dunno, I'm bad at describing shades)!  It went on easily, and despite being supah glossy and pigmented did not feather or create white shiny lines around the outer edges of my lips, even without a liner.  The gloss and color felt truly blended, like a lacquer, and not like a gloss atop a color, if that makes any sense.  Still, there was something heavy about it on the lips, literally and visually.  A tad too close to the look of acrylic paint, in that the product settled into the wrinkles on my lips, making them appear the opposite of smooth. It certainly did not feel sticky, just kinda goopy.  However, one blot on a napkin and it instantly turned into a gorgeous, non-drying and long lasting matte stain! 

Fairest of all:  Those colors look BEAUTIFUL on you! I LOVE your eyeliner! Is that the Be a bombshell liner? I am usually pretty good with liner but the be a bombshell is not working for me. I am more used to a thinner eyeliner. The fat tip is just all around smudgy for me and it looks bad! Lol

Originally Posted by Kittables /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those are surprisingly pigmented colors. I'd always wanted to try Coastal Scents. Now I want more. lol. 

Are you wearing the liner from this month's bag? I'm too nervous to use mine for now. lol. I'm not very good at applying liner in the first place and that stuff lasts for a while. I did a swatch on my hand and even after washing them vigorously (and showering), the line STILL remained. I felt like if I used it on my lid and messed up, I'd be doomed to walk around with the evidence for a few days. :p
I found the fat container made it really easy to apply the liner, but everyone's different in what they're used to using. It is very dramatic. If you're looking for a subtle liquid line, I'd recommend something like Lancome's ArtLiner or another with a skinny tip. The good thing about the Be a Bombshell is that the tip isn't very flexible... so it feels like you have more control, like a regular old marker.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Kittables /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found the fat container made it really easy to apply the liner, but everyone's different in what they're used to using. It is very dramatic. If you're looking for a subtle liquid line, I'd recommend something like Lancome's ArtLiner or another with a skinny tip. The good thing about the Be a Bombshell is that the tip isn't very flexible... so it feels like you have more control, like a regular old marker.

I agree...I was a little worried that it'd be hard to apply because of its thickness, but I actually found it really easy to control.

Lip Bomb #9 is in the nude category, but it's definitely bright creamy peach. Looks much different in the tube than when applied. Goes on like paint, very opaque and not that glossy on me. Very thick and sets into and highlights any lines/cracks in your lips so unless you have perfectly smooth lips it doesn't work. The photos of #4 pink look much more sheer than my results with #9. Not sticky at all. Loved the way it looked with my complexion. There are a few pictures in my review on my blog in my signature.

Latest posts

Back