Ipsy/MyGlam: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lip Bomb #9 is in the nude category, but it's definitely bright creamy peach. Looks much different in the tube than when applied. Goes on like paint, very opaque and not that glossy on me. Very thick and sets into and highlights any lines/cracks in your lips so unless you have perfectly smooth lips it doesn't work. The photos of #4 pink look much more sheer than my results with #9. Not sticky at all. Loved the way it looked with my complexion. There are a few pictures in my review on my blog in my signature.
#4 actually isn't sheer at all, it's completely opaque until I blot it quite a bit and get it more to the "stain" phase. I'd love to see pictures of #9 being worn, it's the one I was hoping for!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

#4 actually isn't sheer at all, it's completely opaque until I blot it quite a bit and get it more to the "stain" phase. I'd love to see pictures of #9 being worn, it's the one I was hoping for!
I guess what I meant was it looked like it had more shine to it than #9 which was very flat. But it could have just been the pictures I've seen. I have a picture of #9 being worn on my blog. I posted it earlier in this thread too I think.

I liked the eyeliner, since I have long, thick lashes it was actually easy to control, because I just held it at an angle and it fit nice and neatly behind my lashes (whereas angled brushes dipped in cream or gel liner, and drippy liquid liners do not), and the angle gave it a thinner line and helped lessen the drag, because it wasn't just the very tip going along my lid.  I do think you have to use it very slowly, though, it's not meant to just "glide" on.  Going slow was better for me anyway, since I'm not super skilled and I have very.... demensional eyes... I have to apply a differently shaped/angled line on the outside of the eye than what I put on the lid, or it won't match up (so I can't do continuous looking liner with long, broad strokes).    It's rather like a pencil liner shape, but the look of it is a dark, stain like ink.  Also, there were moments where the marker... acted like a marker on dry erase board, and 'pushed' the product around instead of leaving a perfectly opaque line. 

Should we have a thread for reviews/our looks made with our bags this month, since with lots of make-up we can actually do (multiple) looks with what we got, and it would be cool to see how the 'customization' of the colors panned out for everyone.  So many colors, I wanna see what they look like on faces, not swatched!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lip Bomb #9 is in the nude category, but it's definitely bright creamy peach. Looks much different in the tube than when applied. Goes on like paint, very opaque and not that glossy on me. Very thick and sets into and highlights any lines/cracks in your lips so unless you have perfectly smooth lips it doesn't work. The photos of #4 pink look much more sheer than my results with #9. Not sticky at all. Loved the way it looked with my complexion. There are a few pictures in my review on my blog in my signature.
I completed agree. While I did not actually try #9 on, I was immediately turned off by how thick it was. I am definately more of a "sheer" and "light" type of girl when it comes to lip products. I really like the premise of the Bomb and I know i might work for some, but I personally am in the process of trading mine away for a gloss I will be more likely to use! But I do appreciate Ipsy a lot for giving us a great full size product, it just didn't work out for me! (Not to mention this one product, in my opinion, was so much better than some subs' whole boxes!)

Originally Posted by katelynbby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I liked the eyeliner, since I have long, thick lashes it was actually easy to control, because I just held it at an angle and it fit nice and neatly behind my lashes (whereas angled brushes dipped in cream or gel liner, and drippy liquid liners do not), and the angle gave it a thinner line and helped lessen the drag, because it wasn't just the very tip going along my lid.  I do think you have to use it very slowly, though, it's not meant to just "glide" on.  Going slow was better for me anyway, since I'm not super skilled and I have very.... demensional eyes... I have to apply a differently shaped/angled line on the outside of the eye than what I put on the lid, or it won't match up (so I can't do continuous looking liner with long, broad strokes).    It's rather like a pencil liner shape, but the look of it is a dark, stain like ink.  Also, there were moments where the marker... acted like a marker on dry erase board, and 'pushed' the product around instead of leaving a perfectly opaque line. 

Should we have a thread for reviews/our looks made with our bags this month, since with lots of make-up we can actually do (multiple) looks with what we got, and it would be cool to see how the 'customization' of the colors panned out for everyone.  So many colors, I wanna see what they look like on faces, not swatched!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I prefer liquid eyeliner pen too! I actually just bought NYX's new The Curve eyeliner and hope it helps with my shaky hands lol

I finally got my glambag (shipped 10/9 received 10/22, well played ipsy), but I got set 1 which I do not want, since I have a ton of teal eye shadows, additionally it's crushed....I wonder if I can get a replacement?

But I got lip bomb 4 which is what I am looking for :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I still want to try out the other 2 colors. I may look at eBay.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I guess what I meant was it looked like it had more shine to it than #9 which was very flat. But it could have just been the pictures I've seen. I have a picture of #9 being worn on my blog. I posted it earlier in this thread too I think.

Ah, I went and looked on your blog...that color looks really lovely on you! But yeah, it does seem like #4 is glossier/shinier...when I first put it on it is very glossy.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, I went and looked on your blog...that color looks really lovely on you! But yeah, it does seem like #4 is glossier/shinier...when I first put it on it is very glossy.
Thank you! Definitely loved the pink on you, you have very swatch-worthy lips! haha

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got my glambag (shipped 10/9 received 10/22, well played ipsy), but I got set 1 which I do not want, since I have a ton of teal eye shadows, additionally it's crushed....I wonder if I can get a replacement?

But I got lip bomb 4 which is what I am looking for :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I still want to try out the other 2 colors. I may look at eBay.
you can definetly get a replacement. I was sent this message when one of my bags had a crushed eyeshadow:

Thanks so much for your support, just wait for November! We are so sorry to hear that you had a problem with your Glam Bag. We are happy to send you a replacement Coastal Scents Eye Shadow. Please note that we’ve recently updated our policy regarding replacement items. You can read all about it here: http://help.ipsy.com/customer/portal/articles/429184-i-have-a-damaged-or-missing-item-what-should-i-do-We batch all of our accommodation orders before sending them to our warehouse, so it could take 1 to 2 weeks to receive your replacement item. Your tracking number will be emailed to you once your package ships. We appreciate your understanding, and thank you for your continued support of ipsy!

Originally Posted by katelynbby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree, I'd love to see how the colors look on faces!

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to know the science of why certain shades look amazing and certain shades look horrid with various skin and hair and eye colors.  If anyone can point me in a direction to read about this, I would appreciate it.
Thank you so much, calexxia!   That was so kind of you!

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you so much, calexxia!   That was so kind of you!
No problem; it's an interesting field, and there was no sense in me re-hashing what other people had written far more eloquently than I ever could :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Slightly off topic, but I'm not sure where this goes, really--

I just got an email that the first 1000 new subscribers get They're Real mascara in their next bag.  It said:

You told us in the ipsy Beauty Quiz that you wanted Benefit, and we listened! Be one of the first 1000 new Glam Bag subscribers, and you are guaranteed to get Benefit They're Real beyond mascara in your November Glam Bag.

Although it's sort of a kick in the pants to send that to me who has been with them for most of this year (pretty much right from when things went pretty far south for them).  Thanks for reminding me that being a loyal subscriber doesn't get me anything.  Feh.  In the meantime, maybe one of you guys reading this can benefit...from Befit.  Hah....

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the e-mail too, but it only said this.

how can i tell if i'm getting the benefit or not? i am currently subscribed and if i don't get it in my november bag i will be pissed. i have bee fighting temptation to get this at ulta, lol. i caved in and bought bad gal plum last week 

I'm hoping we all get it or it's an either or thing.  Just sending it out to 1000 new people would probably be difficult to do or might just tick off a bunch of people.  Just guessing.

I just tried the mascara yesterday, and OMG...I actually have lashes!  Ipsy may have found my HG mascara... 

Originally Posted by Wynter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just tried the mascara yesterday, and OMG...I actually have lashes!  Ipsy may have found my HG mascara... 
I really like the mascara also and it is partly due to the brush. Does anyone know if the brush is the same size on the full size product? I feel like the smaller brushes really coat ALL of your lashes - even the itty bitty ones.

Back