Julep January 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box came today! Last time I checked tracking it said Monday so this was a nice surprise after waiting so long for it to ship. My metamorphic came in Bjork, which was my most wanted! I absolutely LOVE it!  ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

2015-01-10 11.41.26.jpg

Bjork swatch (half over Janae)

2015-01-10 18.55.38.jpg

Comparison swatch of Janae with and without Bjork

2015-01-10 18.57.26.jpg
Is that Borealis in your box? If so, what do you think? I am so curious about that one.

OH MY GOD GUYS. I'M CAVING. I'M TOTALLY GRABBIN THIS NEW MYSTERY BOX.

Since I'm indefinitely skippin boxes this yr I feel that the purchase of just this 1 mystery box is justified, & I'm sorry but when you name anythin in reference to the queen there's no way in hell I'm sayin no. Damn you Julep for suckin me in w/ Beyonce!

Got to work this morning and my box was sitting at my desk.  I ended up with the tyra top coat which works for me since i've been going crazy over purple nail polishes lately.

HEADS UP ABOUT THE MYSTERY BOX

The last couple of really good mystery boxes have had advertised values of $150+. The current one is advertised as only $100+ value. If you really want the new polish, (and presumably neutral makeup or nude polishes), go for it, but they are not billing it as a high value like the last few.

HEADS UP ABOUT THE MYSTERY BOX

The last couple of really good mystery boxes have had advertised values of $150+. The current one is advertised as only $100+ value. If you really want the new polish, (and presumably neutral makeup or nude polishes), go for it, but they are not billing it as a high value like the last few.
Adding to this, they're picturing a lipgloss that looks suspiciously like Peony, which was discovered to be very old overstock when they added this to the Jewel Heist Mystery Box a few months ago. Having said that, they do say that not everything pictured could be what you receive. Just a heads up based on the picture they're showing for this based on past boxes with them.

I received my SS order and Savvy surprised. I ended up with the Oxygen Nail Treatment (original), Essential Cuticle Oil, and Crystal Nail File. I'm actually pretty happy with the products because I would prefer to pick my own polish colours and I can never have enough nail care/hand care items, especially in the winter.

You are so lucky!  I feel like Charlie Brown looking in his Trick or Treat Bag and saying, "I got a rock."

They sent the bed-bound person not one, but TWO boxes of Solace Sunscreen.  Even with two boys, we still have sunscreen running out of our ears thanks to all of last year's sub boxes.  Sunscreen.  In January.  Would have been much more appreciated 3 years ago when we lived in Orlando!

Adding to this, they're picturing a lipgloss that looks suspiciously like Peony, which was discovered to be very old overstock when they added this to the Jewel Heist Mystery Box a few months ago. Having said that, they do say that not everything pictured could be what you receive. Just a heads up based on the picture they're showing for this based on past boxes with them.
The one in the photo is the new gloss though, not the old square-edged ones. My point is that the box value itself is $50 less than the recent mystery boxes, so don't go into it expecting a super great deal. Only get it if you want that new polish, and are okay receiving their cosmetics.

I got Luna as an add-on -- but it looks like it's semi-dried out? The lid was loose but nothing had leaked. Did anyone else get Luna? Was it a weird consistency? 

UjWqB6w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Luna as an add-on -- but it looks like it's semi-dried out? The lid was loose but nothing had leaked. Did anyone else get Luna? Was it a weird consistency? 
I did get Luna and it was a bit strange looking, but I attributed that to sitting on my porch in subzero temperatures. It looks fine now (after I shook it up).

I'm tempted by the mystery box. That, and the promo set "amazing", at least if i dont like anything in the mystery box i'll at least get a 30$ gift card to lorna jane? Undecided. Anyone have details on if it is a straight gift card and not a coupon code?

This is the first mystery box I have absolutely no interest in. I'm not a huge fan of Julep's makeup, and the products I do want to try (orbital shadows) aren't going to be included.

UjWqB6w.jpg

Mine looks super thick, too - even after being in a moderate temperature for days.  I'm likely going to add a drop or 2 of thinner.

UjWqB6w.jpg
hmm.. that isn't full either!  Since Julep's bottle contains half of normal bottles, I want them full!! 

Still no January box here  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Tracking says Friday, but that could be Monday depending on how my post office is feeling!   Then Tuesday the window opens again... I've never gotten a box this late!  I feel like I should have skipped, then just placed a regular order since I've gotten 2 of those since the window closed!! 

I'm tempted by the mystery box. That, and the promo set "amazing", at least if i dont like anything in the mystery box i'll at least get a 30$ gift card to lorna jane? Undecided. Anyone have details on if it is a straight gift card and not a coupon code?
I'm tempted too. I like the polish in the mystery box. Hmmmm $100 value is always so misleading since Julep has this crazy high price point on things. I wouldn't mind if I got a bronzer, a blush, any brush or lip product would be ok. I think I may get it and I have NEVER gotten a mystery box before and have been with Julep almost 2 years. 

k TOTALLY RANDOM AND OFF TOPIC.  I almost threw out my Beach Tonic dry body oil last night.  I love the scent, but didn't use it much (the sprayer stopped working) but I could go and buy a small spray bottle and pour it in there.  ANYwho, is it jUST me or did any of you notice a fishy smell coming from the sprayer?  I only smell it when I open the top and smell.  When I unscrew the cap, the formula does not smell fishy.  Why does it smell like this, was there actual ocean salt in the formula or anything? I could have sworn they said there was, but when you read the ingredient list there is not.

Back