Limited Edition Net-A-Porter Glossybox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Deareux /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There will be no regrets on MUT!
They can take our land, but they can't take OUR MAKEUP!

Quote: Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My box arrived already!
So jealous.  I have a tracking number, but it doesn't have a delivery date on it yet.  I am super excited though, but my Sephora package today is holding me over.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's here!

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's here!

CANNOT.  WAIT.

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's here!

That was super fast!

Mine came super quickly too!  Now I have a HUGE problem.  I am in LOVE with this mascara.  Hahaha.  I just ordered the October Glossybox for the Tarte mascara, as well as cashed in on my Sephora birthday gift for the deluxe mini They're Real Benefit mascara (and the What's Up highlighter that came with it).  Not to mention the Deluxe Buxom mascara I ALSO received this month.  EEEK.  Really though, the Ellis Faas mascara is amazing.  It's not going to give you that "false lash" look or the "50x volumized" lashes, That said, it separated all my lashes perfectly and lengthened my lashes beautifully.  It's definitely age-appropriate for me and I can see this being an incredible every day mascara.  I'm kind of debating getting a second box just for the extra mascara (plus the eyeshadow colors are gorgeous for the weekend or a night out, although the rest of the box may not get used as often).

I am on the fence on this one, and it is still for sale!  The deciding factor for me I think is the mascara.  I have tons here, and don't really need more, but I need one I love that is easy to apply.  I loved the Buxom from Popsugar, that was my favorite in a long time.  I really like the Tarte from this months GB, but I hate fiddling with the wand to get the right side up and it doesn't look right if I don't take my time with it.  So, how does the Ellis Faas fit?  Do I need it?  Is it easy to apply and long lasting?  I would likely use the eyeshadow, the dry shampoo and the cuticle oil, too, but I could likely buy variations for less, so the mascara will decide it for me.

I am on the fence on this one, and it is still for sale!  The deciding factor for me I think is the mascara.  I have tons here, and don't really need more, but I need one I love that is easy to apply.  I loved the Buxom from Popsugar, that was my favorite in a long time.  I really like the Tarte from this months GB, but I hate fiddling with the wand to get the right side up and it doesn't look right if I don't take my time with it.  So, how does the Ellis Faas fit?  Do I need it?  Is it easy to apply and long lasting?  I would likely use the eyeshadow, the dry shampoo and the cuticle oil, too, but I could likely buy variations for less, so the mascara will decide it for me.
I personally made this mascara my daily. I'll use my Benefit on days I go out and want crazy lashes, but this one I found easy to apply, non-clumping and just an all-around pretty choice. It's my favorite product in this box. I haven't even touched the eye shadow yet because using a $42 makes me feel a bit weird.

I agree with biskies. It's a lovely, high end mascara. It's great at defining and lengthening plus it doesn't smudge or clump. It's not as as volumizing as I'd like, however, it's a perfect everyday your lashes, but better mascara.

If anyone is on the fence, I'd say grab this box over the $50 holiday gold glossybox any day of the week. For $10 less, it's totally amazing. The only womp womp in this box for me was the styling gel (I don't use gel), but everything else is fabulous. The Klorane is the best dry shampoo I've ever used (and I used it earlier today), and while the cuticle oil is a little thinner/lighter than I would normally use, it smells like cucumbers (also used it today). Best yet, it ships like the wind! with excellent NAP customer service and free shipping.

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If anyone is on the fence, I'd say grab this box over the $50 holiday gold glossybox any day of the week. For $10 less, it's totally amazing. The only womp womp in this box for me was the styling gel (I don't use gel), but everything else is fabulous. The Klorane is the best dry shampoo I've ever used (and I used it earlier today), and while the cuticle oil is a little thinner/lighter than I would normally use, it smells like cucumbers (also used it today). Best yet, it ships like the wind! with excellent NAP customer service and free shipping.

I am so glad you love it!!  I'm in love with this box.  I am putting away my dreams of the holiday box.  The only thing that just jumps our as "you know you want me!" is the Butter London polish.  Outside that, I'm not that impressed really.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ditto! I also love the natura bisse SPF cream thing. It's tinted and feels wonderful on. Pretty expensive so it's a great size. The shadow is perfection. I have yet to find a better taupe and the black blue as a liner over liquid liner is much better than boring black. My only gripe is the perfume roller ball which smells fruity citrus (love!) but spilled most of it. No word from CS but its a small 1mL size so ill likely let it go. And NAP packed everything so nicely that the leak was contained in its own thumb sized ziplock. This box was a win for me.

To give credit where it's due...

When I received my NAP box, the mini perfume rollerball was missing in action. I called their 24-hour customer service phone number, was connected to a human immediately, and received an apology and an offer to refund or exchange my box. I thought it seemed a little silly to send back the whole box for a perfume sample (and I also wanted to try my new stuff out), so customer service guy said they would send out a replacement perfume sample. I received the replacement today, and it was a full-size(!) replacement (10 mL instead of 1.5 mL) tucked safely inside a mini bubble mailer inside a beautiful black box with ribbon and tissue paper. Aw, you guys... 
heart.gif

NAP is my new BFF.

To give credit where it's due... When I received my NAP box, the mini perfume rollerball was missing in action. I called their 24-hour customer service phone number, was connected to a human immediately, and received an apology and an offer to refund or exchange my box. I thought it seemed a little silly to send back the whole box for a perfume sample (and I also wanted to try my new stuff out), so customer service guy said they would send out a replacement perfume sample. I received the replacement today, and it was a full-size(!) replacement (10 mL instead of 1.5 mL) tucked safely inside a mini bubble mailer inside a beautiful black box with ribbon and tissue paper. Aw, you guys... :heart: NAP is my new BFF.
Wahhhhh! That's pretty awesome and I'm totally jelly. I really like the scent - pathetically I turned the ziplock bag inside out and wiped it on my neck on day 1. Tmi right? I felt so fancy maybe I will invest in the 10mL size.

I really like it, too! It's totally different from anything else that I have so I wasn't sure about it at first sniff, but it's growing on me. It's really soapy and clean on me, but with a spicy undertone.

Back