Look what people would do for double eyelids

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe looks weird to us, but for them it is probably quite normal. It is just the fact that people like to change stuff about themselves, even when they are beautiful. you always long for something you dont have. which is a shame, really.

Originally Posted by shockn I didnt watch it I kinda skipped through but from what I could tell...
It looked like they put glue on their eyelid and then let it dry and used a two pronged "fork" to tuck some uhh eye fat? (haha) up to make it crease. That probably makes zero sense x.X

Thank goodness I didn't watch it.
eek.gif
Thanks for filling me in.

oh my god, that took forever for her to do and there wasn't even a big change. haha.

i've seen this b4 .. a long time ago. and i considered buying the glue ... the onli thing stopping me was there were too many steps. and how to u put anything on the lid when there's glue on it ? ... i think it's completely normal though
biggrin.gif
a lot of ppl have lids.... and take it for granted .. some don't .. and want it. A lot of girls get plastic surgery just so they can have lids .... korean actors (normal korean citizens) and ppl all over Asia ... isn't that more dangerous ?

Originally Posted by LVA i've seen this b4 .. a long time ago. and i considered buying the glue ... the onli thing stopping me was there were too many steps. and how to u put anything on the lid when there's glue on it ? ... i think it's completely normal though
biggrin.gif
a lot of ppl have lids.... and take it for granted .. some don't .. and want it. A lot of girls get plastic surgery just so they can have lids .... korean actors (normal korean citizens) and ppl all over Asia ... isn't that more dangerous ? I would think that the surgery would be a lot more dangerous, even just going under anesthesia is risky.
I hear what your saying about it being normal and people with lids taking it for granted. I can't imagine going to all of that trouble b/c I'm lazy.

I don't have a problem with it. If you want to change something, I'm not going to argue. We all have things, tiny or huge, that we just don't like, some of us learn to love ourselves anyway, some of us learn to live with it and some of us use surgery, or makeup to change it. I don't see how this process any different, I just don't think it's necessary. Like I said before though, I think asian eyes are really pretty.

When I first saw that, I thought it was crazy. A male friend of mine almost jumped out of his skin when he saw it. But people have done things much wierder things in the name of beauty. I think Asian eyes are pretty to be honest. People always want what they can't have I guess.

Originally Posted by oobladi I would think that the surgery would be a lot more dangerous, even just going under anesthesia is risky.
I hear what your saying about it being normal and people with lids taking it for granted. I can't imagine going to all of that trouble b/c I'm lazy.

thx for agreeing. I'm not sayin' asian eyes are not beautiful, i love asian eyes, esp on a baby ... hehe ... it's so cute. .. but dble lids do make eyes look bigger and that's y asians want dble lid. Where i come from , we don't ever wear e/s or any Mu @ all, we (not me though ) prefer the natural no Mu look. i know my aunt had surgery for whiter skin, higher nose, dble lids .. and some other things .... dangerous and expensive ... maybe , but if she can afford it and it can give her more confidence in herself ... go for it ...

(I'm asian and I'm born with double eyelids.)

It's not crazy. You've got to be asian to understand why people do these things - eyelid surgery, tape...

I dont fully get it, but I know its easier to apply m/u on double eyelids. Makes your eye appear bigger too.

Originally Posted by violetcigarette (I'm asian and I'm born with double eyelids.)
It's not crazy. You've got to be asian to understand why people do these things - eyelid surgery, tape...

I dont fully get it, but I know its easier to apply m/u on double eyelids. Makes your eye appear bigger too.

rockwoot.gif
yup

I've seen the stuff they're using in all local drugstores here, but I never know how it works lol. It does look bad and scary for the eyes.

I'm Asian and born with double eyelids as well. But, personally I love the eyes they're born with. I think it's a nature beauty.

Back