Love with Food January 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Odd, I didn't get the card with all the info O.O
No one did, I got that from an email they sent me apologizing

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No one did, I got that from an email they sent me apologizing
I feel like they need to send an email to ALL subscribers with the card info you received -- I mean, you can't very well ship a box of food without explaining what's in the box and who makes the food, etc.

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel like they need to send an email to ALL subscribers with the card info you received -- I mean, you can't very well ship a box of food without explaining what's in the box and who makes the food, etc.
I got the email just a few minutes ago. They said that they also gave me 500 points. I didn't even know you got points with LWF. What do you use them for...is it like birchbox where you can "buy" stuff with points?

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My guess is that they are sending it after ship receipt.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the email just a few minutes ago. They said that they also gave me 500 points. I didn't even know you got points with LWF. What do you use them for...is it like birchbox where you can "buy" stuff with points?
I think you can buy stuff with them and I just got my email as well 

Just got mine today and already ate two of the things!

The cookies were surprisingly good and the plantain chips are awesome!

I think they had an issue with the cards this month.  Mine had the same pic front and back.

LWF points - mostly they have a few items in their shop that were in the box that month.  You do reviews and what not and get points that can go towards getting stuff for less money or free if you save them!

I just got my box today and already tried the firecracker chocolate. It was good but kind of odd. Felt like it was exploding in my mouth like pop rocks.  

It was a pleasant surprise seeing my box waiting for me when I got home from work. I tried the

...firecracker chocolate first. I was most excited about this, but was let down. I'm sure it would be good to some people. However it just made my stomach hurt.

The chocolate with cinnamon in it was delicious. The plantain chips were ok. They have a very strong after taste to me.

I still have the other yums in my box to try later!

I got my box today...I wasn't sure what to expect since this was my first month. I was a tad disappointed in the size of the samples. Those chocolates were TINY, although tasty. Glad I got this from Groupon...I will be letting it go after my three months are over.

That firecracker chuao was certainly interesting!

I got my box today...I wasn't sure what to expect since this was my first month. I was a tad disappointed in the size of the samples. Those chocolates were TINY, although tasty. Glad I got this from Groupon...I will be letting it go after my three months are over. That firecracker chuao was certainly interesting!
I feel the same way, glad I got to try it though

This box makes me sad. The first few were awesome, so I signed up for a year, but recently it seems to be more of a miss than a hit for me. (Though i did love December) The individual items were generally small and an already small box didn't seem filled. At least this donates a meal somewhere, I suppose. I'm also glad for the 500 points this month. It is good to be able to get something inexpensively from their store with points.

I got a gift subscription for Christmas, and my first box arrived today. It's really not bad...of course I didn't actually pay for it, so it was also free. 

I'll see how the next couple of boxes are before deciding whether or not to subscribe. 

The box was small, the stuff was small, and one of my items was open. But guh

those plantain chips were AMAZING!

I too LOVED the plantain chips. I was so excited when I went to TJ Maxx the next day and found a full size bag for $2.99. :)

Plantain chips are so not special for me cuz they're everywhere in my country also I like sweet plantain chips more XD But I knew people that didn't try them before would like them XD

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Plantain chips are so not special for me cuz they're everywhere in my country also I like sweet plantain chips more XD But I knew people that didn't try them before would like them XD
I may ask you to mail me caseloads them ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Because these are pretty darn good even for plantain chips. I've had some really /bad/ plantain chips before. These were excellent for plantain chips.

Back