May 26, 2014: Outside of makeup, what are your hobbies?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a horrible thread.  I come here pre-lunch and see all of these fancy yummy looking cakes and now instead of wanting to eat a decent meal, all I want is CAKE.  I think there needs to be a thread warning!  (i kid, i kid).

Seriously though, those cakes all look so so good to me right now that my mouth is literally watering.

I like to read (just finished The Wilder Life - am a huge HUGE Little House books fan), my dog, knit, sew stuff (just got a new sewing machine that does embroidery!!!!!!!!!!!), play computer games (can't wait for Wildstar!), play board games (am loving Spartacus right now), my monster dog, travel as much as I can, and did I mention my dog?  XD  

I feel like I am into fairly boring, regular things, ha ha. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. Reading

2. Manga/Anime (Ok, this isn't really a boring normal thing, but it's more commonplace than it used to be!)

3. DISNEY. My dream would be to visit all Disney parks, but I've only been to Disneyland and Disney World to date. I also love all things Mickey Mouse, Stitch and Star Wars (That's Disney now, so it counts. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) I pin trade and collect Vinylmation and do all that fun stuff. Next year, HOPEFULLY I will be able to go to the D23 Expo.

4. Fine dining. LOVE fine dining.

5.Travel in general.

6. Horseback riding. Not as much time anymore, but this is always my sport of choice.

I feel like I am into fairly boring, regular things, ha ha. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1. Reading

2. Manga/Anime (Ok, this isn't really a boring normal thing, but it's more commonplace than it used to be!)

3. DISNEY. My dream would be to visit all Disney parks, but I've only been to Disneyland and Disney World to date. I also love all things Mickey Mouse, Stitch and Star Wars (That's Disney now, so it counts. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) I pin trade and collect Vinylmation and do all that fun stuff. Next year, HOPEFULLY I will be able to go to the D23 Expo.

4. Fine dining. LOVE fine dining.

5.Travel in general.

6. Horseback riding. Not as much time anymore, but this is always my sport of choice.
Have you seen Knights of Sidonia?  A friend recommended it to me and I'm really liking it and have started reading the manga.  

Have you seen Knights of Sidonia?  A friend recommended it to me and I'm really liking it and have started reading the manga.  
I haven't! I will have to check it out - would you recommend the anime or the manga (if you have read far enough)?

I haven't! I will have to check it out - would you recommend the anime or the manga (if you have read far enough)?
there's only 7 episodes of the anime out so far and I'm really liking it.  The manga has 50+ chapters out in english subs and I'm usually a mange>>>anime / book>>>>movie person but honestly the anime looks a lot better and it's what hooked me into reading the manga.

Gist of the manga - earth is wiped out by aliens except for 1 ship that is trying to survive and rebuild.  I know we've all seen this premise before (galatica, stellvia (kinda), vandread (though it was human on human), etc) but I'm really liking it and the artwork in the anime is really good.

@Courtnee <3 I used to to do Tae Kwon Do as a child...but I stopped.  As an adult I do karate and a mixed martial art style that incorporates kung fu called Jin Woo Kwoon.  I don't train regularly any more but the rest of my family does!  How about you?

Sorry @@dancersmum, I only just saw your massive post.

Well, currently I am not doing anything but...

When I was a little younger, I done a bit of taekwondoe but, then I stropped it as, I found that it didn't involve the hands to strike and block as much as the legs.

Also, my dad has done so much self defence training with me since I can remember, it was a mix of wing chin, karate, taekwondoe and boxing.

I enjoy the whole thing of martial arts, I think its awesome. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .

Reading - I was up to 75 books read last year, but this year I haven't been reading as much. I'm in two Goodreads book clubs though

Cooking! - I love trying to make up new dishes in the kitchen

Finding new restaurants and food trucks - I spend half my time in San Francisco so there are a lot of good ones to try!

Photography - I take photos of my food. Yeah, I'm one of those, speaking of... here's a favorite of mine

Gaming - I own a PS4, Wii U, 3DS, and a PS Vita. My favorite is probably my 3DS, and my favorite game series is probably Professor Layton

Craft Beer - I have been trying to try as many new beers as I can for about two years. I've tried 400+ different kinds...I also go to beer festivals, Boonville Beer Fest and SF Beer Week are my favs

Electronic Music - I've been raving for 4 years, and my favorite DJ is Armin van Buuren

Technology - I love gadgets and like learning as much as I can about new tech

Love everyone's cakes! I wish I was more into baking, but I love just regular cooking  :smilehappyyes:

Well, depression has really screwed with my hobbies... but mostly I roleplay, sing, read, draw/paint, and blog. Interesting, I know.

I like to bake, but only when I'm sad or angry.

For legit extracurricular activities, I'm the captain of my school's SchoolReach team (it's a team trivia/knowledge competition). I used to act. I also used to be the GSA president, but drama forced me to resign and quit the club.

I'm hoping to join student council and learn Finnish next year.

Hello everyone. I am new to the site. I am really excited to be here.

My hobbies are vacuuming. I have 4 dogs they shed alot.Lol

I also have 2 horses. Riding has always been a passion of mine.

@ Welcome! I cracked up when I read Vacuuming is your hobby  :w00t:

Well I'm a little late to the thread I guess, but...

I love to bake/cook...I have 4 culinary arts degrees, but I'm a stay at home mom so I'll call it a hobby now. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love dancing, I've been dancing since I was four...26 years and counting! I'm already looking into mommy and me dance classes for my daughter and I.

I love crafting...wreath making, scrapbooking...Pinterest is one of my favorite sites. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's funny to see that a lot of us have similar interests!

I get into ...I don't know what to call it. It's like I'll get all manic and suddenly I have to know EVERYTHING about and how to do a certain thing. This has led to hobbies ranging from normal-"wtf even is that"
Baking (LOVE to cook!), I'm always about fitness and like to pretend I'm training for Broken skull or some other silly/survival situation...but is that a hobby or just my life? Anyways- Knitting, sewing, making super-cute rainbow/mushroom/whatever jewelry, Mongolian throat singing/ throat tones, making shoes, sculpting, making artificial dreads, various dancing- pole, fire, belly- I love it. I also dabble in making masks/bath salts (FOR BATHING, you guise)/conditioners/lotions/bath bombs.

I'm uh...trying to grow herbs as of late... I'm not very good at gardening, it seems. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not that my location makes it an easy task- even "hardy" plants seem to just...give up within a matter of hours :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back