Memebox: Product reviews

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i finally started using the iope bio essence intensive conditioning kit (got it in luckybox 1, i think it came from memebox global #4?) and first of all, it lasts waaay longer than 3 days, even using it twice a day.  after the first use i started cutting those strips into thirds to make them last, but i may need to find some soft cotton pads once those run out...it's been at least three days and i'm not even halfway through yet.

anyway, i also started using the jack black deep dive glycolic facial cleanser at the same time, so i'm not sure which product is responsible (maybe both?) but my skin is so even toned right now!  it's a really noticeable difference.  it's also a bit smoother.  while based on what i know, i feel like the glycolic acid should be given credit, i've also used plenty of glycolic acid products in the past without these results.  anyone else have a similar experience with the iope?  i feel like i should cut one out to see if anything changes, but i don't really want to...

Earth and Sea was one of those boxes that I bought immediately because I just knew it would be awesome - and it was!  One of my favorite products was a surprise to me - the DewyTree Mineral Air Fix Powder Loose Powder SPF 27.  I also have the Sunkill powder SPF from a much earlier box, but the formula is not as good - more chalky, a little glittery and I am grossed out by using the puff on my face with no way of cleaning it.  So I only use the Sun kill on my body (which is actually a great way to make sure you have sun protection when you don't want to slather on the liquid stuff).

BUT!  The DewyTree powder is not only adorable - good size, cute little mirror on top - but the formula is fantastic.  it makes your skin so soft and smooth.  It also does a great job of covering shine without looking thick and powdery.  The best thing is though, it comes with a replacement puff so I can use it to my heart's content and then chuck the top when it starts to gross me out. 

I tried the Dewytree powder today too and was surprised by how much I liked it. I may have gotten a bit carried away because I was having too much fun puffing it on my face. I also accidentally ended up getting some in my mouth and it sort of left a sweet taste not that I would recommend eating it. I really like the Dewytree products I've tried and wish it was easier to buy them. 

^ I just tried a Dewytree mask yesterday (the Ceramide nutrition one) and was blown away by it. Never had such amazing results from a mask! Definitely going to keep a lookout for more of their products. The powder sounds awesome too!

I'm really liking the i belivyu Vitamin Powder wash from Luckybox 9. I thought it was really gimmicky when I first got it but it's actually really fun to use! It lathers and foams up really rich and leaves my skin feeling clean (I do double cleanse though) but hydrated and soft. It also smells really good~  :wub:

I'm really liking the i belivyu Vitamin Powder wash from Luckybox 9. I thought it was really gimmicky when I first got it but it's actually really fun to use! It lathers and foams up really rich and leaves my skin feeling clean (I do double cleanse though) but hydrated and soft. It also smells really good~ :wub:
I use mine almost everyday! I love it. I have 3 tube of it because I stocked up when the Memeshop had it on sale (plus had to get to the free shipping amount lol)

I also tried the sleeping pack from the Tea box last night. It was an odd gel consistency out of the tube but went on really well and absorbed pretty quickly when you consider that using the Korean method I already had like 5 other levels of hydration going on.

Blithe patting water pack

Seriously one of the best stuff I have gotten from memebox. I made it into a mist and used it every night. It is like a mask essence slash facial oil kind of thing. Mine was the green tea one and smells alot like tea tree. Fab!

MaRait Evas perfume in Baies Noires

Another precious item I would gladly swap for. Smells light, floral and rare. I have never liked a perfume anyone gives me because I am specific with those, but this one I would use daily. Want more!!!

Recently tried a mini glut of Meme products!

Sally's Box Cherry Blossom Hand Mask (Floral Scentbox) - I LOVED THESE and I want more!! The instructions said to cut along the dotted line between the gloves, but they were perforated so I could just pull them apart; I appreciated not having to use scissors. I popped them on while watching a movie with my hubby and while he didn't like the smell, I loooooved it and kept huffing my hands. After 15 minutes, I removed the gloves and massaged the essence into my hands. It took a long time to absorb, but was really pleasant and soothing to do during the movie (and smelled SO GOOD). I was left with baby-soft & smooth hands, and the effects lasted into the next day. I'm unsure how this would work with hardcore winter-ravaged hands, however.

Sally's Box Friendly Berry Berry Lip Patch (Cute Wishlist 2) - The instructions on this were confusing, as they made it sound like there would be separate patches for your upper and lower lips, but it was one piece. I thought maybe I was supposed to pull it apart at the lipline, but I just ended up tearing a random hole in the mask. Light, barely-there berry scent. Not uncomfortable to wear. Did absolutely nothing for my lips.

Eva's Rosemine Hand Cream in Hesperides (Cute Wishlist 2) - Pretty tube, pleasant & light floral scent that fades quickly, fast-absorbing, non-greasy, nicely hydrating. Approved!

Pure Smile Jewelry Scrub in Topaz (Sweet Shop) - KILL IT WITH FIRE. I would describe the scent as "top note of stale perfume circa 1977, with a base note of mystery medical ointment from your grandpa's bathroom cabinet." It's not "glittery" as the description would suggest (thank god), but the scrub granules are few and far between. Imagine if someone dropped just the tiniest pinch of sand in your body wash. This did absolutely nothing for my skin besides scent it horribly; I will probably throw it away - and I hate disposing of unused product.

Saint Peau Collagen Pudding Sleeping Pack (Cute Wishlist 2) - This is my first sleeping pack and first collagen product, plus I have only tried this once and need to test it further, so these are my first impressions: Nice packaging with a hygienic spatula included. Unappealing brownish gray in color. Texture is not pudding-like as expected, but more like Jello. The scent is a refreshing grapefruit, which I found pleasant until I tried to sleep - citrus scents are way too energizing for bedtime. It was really strange trying to sleep with goop on my face, but it was cooling and soothing. I rinsed it off in the morning and was left with nicely hydrated and supple skin, though I did have some new bumps (which might be the fault of my oil cleanser - that's why I need to do some more testing).

Just got the Honey #53 today, and I have to admit that I can't see where this Memebox excitement comes from. I was really excited about trying this and maybe even experiencing some, "Korean Magic". Like maybe they have some ancient asian secrets, ya know?

It takes forever to get a box. You order it in say August, it ships in Septemeber, and you get it in October. Tracking was a complete failure. It shows my boxes last stop was in Korea on Sept. 23.

The product quality overall is poor. If I was a teenager,I would be thrilled to get this.

ADDED LATER......

Last night I used the conditioner and thought wow, this is a nice light one and I like it.  Maybe there is ONE DECENT product in this box after all.  Woke up and was like, why is my hair still wet? 

Not wet....  So now I have to wash it again before I dye it like planned.  Heck before I can even go out to the store to buy the dye.  May need to use my husbands cheap but strong shampoo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we can all empathize with the shipping woes.  Although, to be fair, buying anything from Korea takes forever.  I do hate that they've started to use registered mail though - even slower and now my poor mailman has to have me sign for everything. 

Anyway, I got Honey 2, and while it's not the best box I've ever gotten by far, I'm pretty happy with it - I'm loving the massage cream and the peel off mask.  What makes you say that the products are poor quality, if you haven't gotten a chance to use them for a while?  Do you think the packaging just looks cheap?  I've had lots of big surprises with memebox loving products that didn't look fantastic.  I've even discovered whole brands that work fantastically for my skin - Tosowoong, for one - I've loved everything I've gotten from that brand.  Maybe memebox isn't for you, but maybe you just haven't given the products a chance.

ETA: That's not to say there aren't major misses along the way.  I got the Night Care superbox and traded every single thing in it.  Really wasn't my style.  So it sounds like this was your big miss, it's a shame it was your first box! 

Tosowoong is wonderful for my skin too.

Currently, I have on regular rotation the Tosowoong Time Shift Toner from Fermented 2 and the Tosowoong Deep Pore Cleanser from Pore Care 2. The toner is lovey and soothing, I like to use it at night. The cleanser is really good too. It tingled a bit when I started to use it but only for a couple of days while I got used to it. Its made my pores really nice and clean, you can hardly notice them at all which is a really good improvement for me. Plus it doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped and tight like other pore cleansing products tend to.

Another product I've tried recently and love to bits is the Chamos Acaci Pomegranate Anti-Wrinkle Cream from the Pomegranate box. It is very light and smells and looks nice. It leaves my skin soft and clear and has become my HG night cream. I even bought a second pomegranate box as I figured everything else was freebies but I had to have more of the cream!

The CNP Cosmetics Tone-Up Protection Sun from Global 13 is the only sunscreen I have ever found which doesn't break me out. I'd honestly given up on the search and couldn't believe it when I found this product.

I also recently tried the Shara Shara Charcoal Mask from Earth & Sea, but it wasn't my favourite mask. It felt scratchy on my skin and slipped around a bit. I didn't notice any improvement in my skin afterwards either, although that is probably because I got annoyed with it and took it off a lot sooner than I should have.

Anyway, I got Honey 2, and while it's not the best box I've ever gotten by far, I'm pretty happy with it - I'm loving the massage cream and the peel off mask.  What makes you say that the products are poor quality, if you haven't gotten a chance to use them for a while?  Do you think the packaging just looks cheap?  I've had lots of big surprises with memebox loving products that didn't look fantastic.  I've even discovered whole brands that work fantastically for my skin - Tosowoong, for one - I've loved everything I've gotten from that brand.  Maybe memebox isn't for you, but maybe you just haven't given the products a chance.
I think Honey 2 is one of the best boxes there have been!

Just got the Honey #53 today, and I have to admit that I can't see where this Memebox excitement comes from. I was really excited about trying this and maybe even experiencing some, "Korean Magic". Like maybe they have some ancient asian secrets, ya know?

It takes forever to get a box. You order it in say August, it ships in Septemeber, and you get it in October. Tracking was a complete failure. It shows my boxes last stop was in Korea on Sept. 23.

The product quality overall is poor. If I was a teenager,I would be thrilled to get this.

ADDED LATER......

Last night I used the conditioner and thought wow, this is a nice light one and I like it.  Maybe there is ONE DECENT product in this box after all.  Woke up and was like, why is my hair still wet? 

Not wet....  So now I have to wash it again before I dye it like planned.  Heck before I can even go out to the store to buy the dye.  May need to use my husbands cheap but strong shampoo.
I research the products before I judge them.  I found that the honey box #53 was a great box and I think better than the first honey box.

The only product I won't use is the pure smile lip treatment, but those who have used it, most of them find it to be a wonderful product for their lips.

Why do you think the product quality is poor?  I don't see it that way - the packaging is normal for tubes, all came nicely boxed.     I think the quality is much higher than ipsy, quite frankly and other USA based subs.  Plus the products are full sized, unlike birchbox or glossybox.

The shipping is no secret.   When you order the box, they do tell you it won't ship out until XX date.   If you select standard shipping, yes, it will take 2 weeks for an international package.    I haven't had issues with tracking not updating, but that isn't Memebox's fault - that is the fault of the carrier.

BTW - that wasn't a conditioner in the Honey Box - that was a treatment for dry hair and you are supposed to rinse it out after 5-10 minutes.   The card explained what it was.  That isn't the fault of the product, but how you used it.

There are some boxes that are very cheap (believe me, I got a couple like that) , but the honey box #53 is not one of them. 

I like to the research the products too. That's how I found the pure smile Snail Hair Treatment - I didn't get that box, but everyone raved so I finally picked on up and it is the best conditioner I've ever used.

The only thing I actually actively dislike in Honey 2 is the hand cream - I can't stand the scent. I think it smells really plasticy and cheap. Luckily I don't use hand cream, so I was able to pawn it off pretty easily.

I just used the massage cream again last night because of this conversation, and I really think it's great! The stretchy quality is super weird (which I love) and it sinks in so beautifully. Love it.

I like to the research the products too. That's how I found the pure smile Snail Hair Treatment - I didn't get that box, but everyone raved so I finally picked on up and it is the best conditioner I've ever used.

The only thing I actually actively dislike in Honey 2 is the hand cream - I can't stand the scent. I think it smells really plasticy and cheap. Luckily I don't use hand cream, so I was able to pawn it off pretty easily.

I just used the massage cream again last night because of this conversation, and I really think it's great! The stretchy quality is super weird (which I love) and it sinks in so beautifully. Love it.
I love the hand cream!! lol

I used the Arrahan peeling gel (I think from the oriental medicine box?) today. I got it in a swap recently and holy crap that stuff is awesome! My face started peeling right away and now it feels sososo smooth.

Pretty sure I'm going to be buying it when I run out.

ADDED LATER......

Memebox is the only beauty box service that has interested me. I have received 18 boxes since June and I'm waiting on 14 boxes from now to January 2015.

I love the variety, surprise, and exposure to unfamiliar brands. Quality skin care doesn't have to expensive. I care more about the ingredients and product efficacy than the price tag and packaging. I used to be a brand snob and I have tried nearly all department store/salon/spa brands. 

Having said that, I have received a few duds - namely Detox, K-Beauty Wrap Up, and Sweet Shop scent box - but for the most part I have received some great boxes: Skin Care, Cacao, Milk, Whole Grain 1&2, Fermented 2, Daily Dose of Beauty, and Superfood.

I also ordered Honey #53 and the unboxing has impressed me so far. I'm most excited about the Honeybee Water Cream.

I think Honey 2 is one of the best boxes there have been!
I feel this way too! The only product in the box that I won't use is the hair treatment only because I can't find the ingredients. I don't use sulfate or silicone in my hair so I have to know what's in it.

I research the products before I judge them.  I found that the honey box #53 was a great box and I think better than the first honey box.

The only product I won't use is the pure smile lip treatment, but those who have used it, most of them find it to be a wonderful product for their lips.

Why do you think the product quality is poor?  I don't see it that way - the packaging is normal for tubes, all came nicely boxed.     I think the quality is much higher than ipsy, quite frankly and other USA based subs.  Plus the products are full sized, unlike birchbox or glossybox.

The shipping is no secret.   When you order the box, they do tell you it won't ship out until XX date.   If you select standard shipping, yes, it will take 2 weeks for an international package.    I haven't had issues with tracking not updating, but that isn't Memebox's fault - that is the fault of the carrier.

BTW - that wasn't a conditioner in the Honey Box - that was a treatment for dry hair and you are supposed to rinse it out after 5-10 minutes.   The card explained what it was.  That isn't the fault of the product, but how you used it.

There are some boxes that are very cheap (believe me, I got a couple like that) , but the honey box #53 is not one of them.
Except for the lip stuff, I think everything is packaged absolutely beautiful. What's funny is that the most miraculous product ever made, was hidden on a bottom shelf of a drug store. And the box looked like something you would buy at a five and dime. Discontinued just recently, I suspect. But it was the sole reason I am 51 without a single wrinkle. It actually reversed the starts of wrinkles over 10 years ago when I started using it. My skin looks better now than when I was 40.

My research and review is based on how the products perform on my body, not what is in it. I tend to shy away from products heavy with alcohol, such as the peeling mask, since it damages skin. My preference, that's all. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You know everyone raves about the Sonya Dakar Flash facial. But for me, it makes my face look like a dry wrinkled dish rag. Amazingly the Sara Mcnamara Hydroactive Microderm makes my skin breathtakingly radiant! What I am getting at is that everyones skin is different.

Now for the hair treatment, I read the card. Nothing difficult about that. So I suppose I used that right or do you have pictures of me doing something illegal with it? LOL....

Latest posts

Back