Memebox: Product reviews

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far from memebox my favourites have been the recipe spray essence water, the glory vegan lacquer (this really surprised me as in the bottle it looked awful), recipe vita essence and the secret nature volcanic ash pore pack.

Things I've not liked:

Kokostar ponytail pack

Tonymoly smile patch

Ryo anti hair loss treatment (I don't care if this works and actually gives thicker hair - it smells like old ladies!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
@@northtosouth

you cannot post your blog link here.  you can embed it in your signature.  MUT asks that folks need to post their reviews here, not tell them to go to their blog.

ok, I will edit it into signature when I finally have editing privileges - thanks! I hadn't realised cos I usually just lurk here.

ok, I will edit it into signature when I finally have editing privileges - thanks! I hadn't realised cos I usually just lurk here.
:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yeah, you cannot even mention, "hey, read my  review about XYZ  in my blog" either.  I have cut and pasted whole reviews from my blog to this forum.

Just super quick - I wanted to sing the praises of the Mise en scene Perfect Serum.  I'm not much for hair products in my boxes, but this was super amazing - don't toss it if you got global 15 and were pissed about the 2 mise en scene products like I was.  There are pics on my link below if you want to see. 

So sad I just finished my second bottle of Kerasys Shampoo. I know it says it has SLS in it but it still makes my hair so soft. It smells good, it cleans well. I love it so much. Now I'm gonna have to buy a full size somewhere. Perhaps the memefairies will shine upon me and put it in Lucky 10. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh and I also love both of the mise en scene products from Global #15. I like the treatment more than the serum. I have badly damaged and very tangly hair. A bit of this treatment is almost as good as my HG condtioner. The serum is nice but as I said, I have badly damaged hair. It makes it feel softer but doesn't change the appearance of my frizzles.

More quick thoughts:

The Skin House Dr. Clear Magic Toner: I thought this could be good as an occasional product to control excess oil/hormonal breakouts (I normally use the recipe spray essence water - total HG product for me). Note the second ingredient is alcohol so this may be way too harsh for some people- it does have a lot of other good stuff in there too (tea tree etc).

I found this product very strong and it gave me some blotchiness (but did control oil as promised). I probably used waaay too much because I was making a gif for my blog (don't ask!) and I also have Retin-A as a part of my routine - next time I will use this more sparingly. If your skin is quite resistant and oily I think it could work well.

Hope Girl Tinted Balm in Love Peach: I know Hope Girl (and this balm in particular) shows up way too much but it's quite nice really, lovely scent, good consistency, you can build the colour up quite well and it's not sticky.

Esthe Shower Cologne in Floral Dream: Another maligned product but I do quite like this applied on still-damp skin - the scent is subtle but lasts a long time and when it settles down it doesn't smell so drugstore. Not saying I'd buy it but i'll certainly use the one I have.

Innerface serum (from Zero Cosmetics): Really good consistency, almost feels like a primer - but it surely can't have silicones in it? Hope my skin gets on with it ok as I really like the feel of the product.

Sally's hydrogel masks: Best sheet masks I've tried.

Ostheque Zsole dual sunscreen: Really good light sunscreen! I find it hard to believe that this actually offers protection? No white cast whatsoever. The 'dual' function is totally pointless though.

illi Total Aging oil and foam cleansers: Love these and will repurchase in full size. Wish the mini kit would show up again in a box.

Rire lip manicure: Great lasting power though it's very harsh at first - unforgiving if you're not wearing full foundation etc.

More thoughts:

Ddung foaming cleansing cream (Milky) from MCW3: This is pretty harsh, drying, and stings the eyes - it does leave your face very clean but I don't think the ingredients are particularly kind. And the face is just freaky.

Beauty People Eyeliners: I can see why everyone loves these - the glimmer bronze has become a staple for me.

Ddung Family Cleansing Foam in Milky - my first impressions on this were great: it smells deliciously of yogurt and is super rich and creamy, so it feels really nice to massage my face with. However, after 1.5 weeks of use, I've come to accept that it's too drying for me, which is a pity because it smells so nice! I'm not sure if I should keep using it or toss the rest.

Vella Neck Tight Cream - Gave me an allergic reaction. It's super duper fragrant (not a bad scent, just strong); and made my neck very soft, smooth, and zit-free; but not worth the intense, blotchy red itchiness!

flushblush, I think I might keep the rest of mine to use on body, I've been using mine for a bit now and it is much harsher than I prefer.

I think it must have a lot of SLS in it as well, it feels stripping. I get a bit worried with stripping cleansers that they will just send my skin into overdrive to replace the lost oil...dunno whether this is a valid concern because I put toner and essence on immediately after using cleanser...

Duft & Doft Lime Detox Hand Cream (vitamin care or detox (?): Average hand cream at the best, and the smell is so overpowering, atleast to me. Will try and use it up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ladykin Broccoli Toner (superfood): This is just a lovely toner. Feeld good on the skin and is very moisturizing.Has a subtle and nice scent too!
Happy bath Rose Shower Gel (rose scentbox): Almost smell like the Morrocan rose series from REN which I adore. It smells of fresh roses and the scent lingers quite a while. Soon done with it which is a shame..
Tonymoly Tattoo Eyebrow Pencil (kstyle 3): This has a super fine tip which makes it so easy to draw those fine "hair's" onto the brow. Lasts for a couple days if you don't remove it - which I always do. Would almost consider this my new HG brow product in conjuction with the Dipbrow pomade from ABH.

I LOVE the Tony Moly brow tattoo marker. I was so nervous to try it because markers are typically too harsh, but this isn't at all, and blends out really well if you use a spooley brush. I use it every day now, and I'm definitely going to repurchase. I still use the anastasia brow wiz, but I use the brow marker to draw hairs where I don't have any. It looks way more natural than just the brow wiz alone.

Dewytree Aqua Collagen Peptide Sleeping Mask - I didn't like this sleeping mask at all. While it did make my skin feel more hydrated, it broke me out like crazy! It also had a small burning sensation when you apply it on, so avoid putting it near the eye area. 

Duft & Doft Lime Detox Hand Cream (vitamin care or detox (?): Average hand cream at the best, and the smell is so overpowering, atleast to me. Will try and use it up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I love the smell of the hand cream. The cream itself isn't anything special, and I won't rebuy it, but after I use it I find myself smelling my hands. Sort of creepy, I guess. 

7 Dais Medi Anti-blemish Serum- I think this is my new go to acne product. I use it more like a spot treatment than an all over serum because my breakouts tend to occur only in certain spots. Since I started using it the red marks from old breakouts have faded considerably, and it stopped what felt like a large spot brewing under my skin before it came to the surface. The fermented smell can be a bit unpleasant but it doesn't linger. It can be a bit drying on my skin, so I make sure I use something super moisturizing over top of it.

Shrink Lifting Rpro- Elizavecca Milky Piggy (global 16)- I just tried this. To be honest I am not a hug fan. Since it has caffeine and mandarine extracts it should be a tightening cream also. Therefore I tried this on my legs, and I'm not sure whether its the fact that its chilly in london or whether its the cream, but it is extremely cooling. In a almost painful/unfocomfortable way. So ladies beware, use in very small quantities. 

Just got the Honey #53 today, and I have to admit that I can't see where this Memebox excitement comes from. I was really excited about trying this and maybe even experiencing some, "Korean Magic". Like maybe they have some ancient asian secrets, ya know?

It takes forever to get a box. You order it in say August, it ships in Septemeber, and you get it in October. Tracking was a complete failure. It shows my boxes last stop was in Korea on Sept. 23.

The product quality overall is poor. If I was a teenager,I would be thrilled to get this.

ADDED LATER......

Last night I used the conditioner and thought wow, this is a nice light one and I like it.  Maybe there is ONE DECENT product in this box after all.  Woke up and was like, why is my hair still wet? 

Not wet....  So now I have to wash it again before I dye it like planned.  Heck before I can even go out to the store to buy the dye.  May need to use my husbands cheap but strong shampoo.

I can't work out what went wrong with the hair treatment, I used it today and my hair feels better than it usually does, and that saying something because I use a full Kerastase routine and it's bleached to the point where it's white so it can take pastel colours.

When my mum touched my hair she asked if there was enough for her to try it.

Back