Moisturizer for dehydrated skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few things to take care other than getting a good moisturizer;

- nothing helps you like water, have ample amount of water.

- avoid dehydrating drinks: coffee and alcohol.

- do not get into saunas and baths which strip off lipids, make you sweat and stimulate water evaporation from the skin’s surface.

- use the correct and best skincare beauty products for your skin, I bought cold cream from Avene which is specially made for extremely dry skin.

I use Pharmagel DN-24 Moisturizer...here's a blurb from their site:

"DN-24 Hydracrème is a super-charged moisturizing creme containing

25,000 i.u. of Retinol-A (Vitamin A) and Vitamins C, B, D and E. It rehydrates and re-energizes skin, then reprograms it to resist environmental stresses and combat aging. The intensive concentration of vitamins in DN-24 Hydracrème shields the tissues from free radicals and lessens the risk of skin damage. Skin’s metabolism speeds up at night, expanding capillaries

and making the skin most receptive to nourishment. Cells rejuvenate at their fastest rate during this time. DN-24 Hydracrème keeps skin on a 24-hour continuum of protection and repair.

How to Use: Use morning and evening on facial areas. May be used over Pharma-C Serum or Bio-A Concentrate.

Key Ingredients: Retinol (Vitamin A)–Firms and nourishes skin. Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) and Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)–Antioxidants that firm and tone. Panthenol (Vitamin B) –Antioxidant; reverses signs of aging. Aloe Vera–Soothes and protects skin. Sesame, Avocado and Safflower Oils–Extra moisturizing benefits"

http://www.pharmagel.net/index.php

Originally Posted by patrica /img/forum/go_quote.gif Few things to take care other than getting a good moisturizer;- nothing helps you like water, have ample amount of water.

- avoid dehydrating drinks: coffee and alcohol.

- do not get into saunas and baths which strip off lipids, make you sweat and stimulate water evaporation from the skin’s surface.

- use the correct and best skincare beauty products for your skin, I bought cold cream from Avene which is specially made for extremely dry skin.

Yes, that cream from Avène is great, although it is for dry skins. There's a difference between dehydrated and dry skins, i tend to mix up dehydrated and dry skins when it comes to moisturizers as i liek to combine, but really there is. If you use something like a cold cream which is greasy (and useful if you get wind in your face) i recommend you spray some water on your face (and let it sink in) before applying your moisturizer.

Empirical Beauty is my mom's younger self... That sounds just like her and NOT ONE WRINKLE!!!

Keep it up girlie!

I tried it! It's quite good! I ended up buying a jar! Thanks for the suggestion!!
Peachface:

I was wondering how you have been making out with the Clinique Moisture Surge?? My skin is extremely dehydrated! I've been going through this for the past couple of winters. I am normally oily/acne prone but in winters I have the dry patchy skin that is flaky and itchy. Today my face actually hurt.

This product is expensive but I am reading all the reviews on the Clinique site and they are very good. I just need something that works!

Look for a product (serum or cream) which contains a high percentage of hyaluronic acid. Use it underneath your favorite moisturizer and it can work very well -- for either dehydrated or dry skin.

I've been using nothing but a drop or two of emu oil mixed with tap water for several years now as my moisturizer. I'm 41 and my skin looks better now- I have really dry skin too. It's the only thing that worked for me and overall it's much more affordable. I think an 8 oz bottle is $20 but since I only use a tiny bit- it lasts forever.

I loooove Clinque's Moisture Surge Skin relief! I used it and it hydrated my skin in like 2 days!!!

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Try applying your moisturizer immediately you get out of the shower (while your face is still wet!) that way when your face/body airdries, the moisturizer sinks right into your skin. that's one of the best advises I got. my face feels better these days since i used this method
g.gif

Originally Posted by Aniger86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ditto, that's what I do, and it does makes a big difference in the skin's ability to retain moisture. I might try this too!

Months later don't know if this will help but I've been stationed in Texas, Iraq and Kuwait (2yrs) and the one thing that worked for me was Intense Moisturizing Cream (dry skin). I use to apply it on top of my foundation when I saw that I had dry spots and it didn't disturb it.

Dehydrated skin is my main skin issue in the autumn/winter months (usually I have sensitive combo skin). I also believe that applying either hydrating serums or some of the oils (I am using either jojoba or weleda`s almond oils) do a really good job. Also, gental exfoliation and use of hydrating masks at least 2-3 times a week help a lot too.

Another issue (I think noone has mentioned it here) has to do with face cleansing during this period. From my experience, washing your face with any kind of face soap(even the most gentle one) and then rinsing off with water, dries out the skin. Actually, I was convienced by the Vichy and Korff cosmetic cons. that the cleansing gels unlike the soaps can`t do it to the skin because they are "so gentle and harmless", so I ended up bying Korff`s gentle gel cleanser and now my skin "regretts " about this purchase--it feels more tight around the nose area. So, I think maybe I should buy either Neutrogena soothing milk cleanser or Bioderma`s solution for sensitive skin and leave that gel for much hotter months or at least use it only twice a week, or so...

I`m really interested in your experience with face cleansing products for dehydrated skin

What do you prefer?

I prefer a creamy product or my cleansing oil.

I just got confirmed La Roche Posay discontinued its Hydraphase mask, i loved it !!
bawling.gif
Instead i ordered an asian brand hydrating mask (actually two, but one is more targeted for whitening). It's called eight cups of water by Catena (sounds promising !
laughing.gif
). Will tell you more once i've done a couple.

I just discovered Pond's Dry Skin Cream and it may feel kind of heavy but if you put it on before bed it soaks in overnight. I've only been using it for like a week and a half and my skin already feels so much healthier and my bf even said my face feels super soft AND at work a customer asked what skin care product I use! Although I wouldn't recommend it if you are dealing with acne. I used to have acne issues but since I'm on birth control for it I don't have to worry, and this product doesn't make me break out any worse.

Back