Moisturizers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also recommend Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. It's a lightweight lotion that moisturizes well. I have dry combination skin and it moisturizes without breaking me out. It isn't oil free, but I highly recommend it.

Currently though, I'm using Cerave Cream because I switched dermatologists, so I had to change my whole skincare regimen, including using different products. This cream is also non-comedogenic and lightweight. I can't find oils on the ingredient label, but it contains petrolatum, which is petroleum jelly.

Neither moisturizers have broken me out, despite the presence of oil or petrolatum. They are also both moisturizing and have not broken me out. I'd recommend them both, and they both have great reviews on makeupalley.

I just personally prefer the Cerave cream because it's even less greasy (even though Cetaphil is not very greasy), moisturizes well, and has somewhat of a mattifying effect.

I second Weleda Almond cream and argan oil. I have a combo skin that is also dry and both work for me without clogging my pores. I like argan oil because it's light and absorbs well. I also like Weleda Iris Cream because it's very light. I featured this on the home page also. 

I love Laneige's ranges of moisturisers. I have oily and dry skin like yours, but my skin is also sensitive so I use their range for sensitive skin. It absorbs fast and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy like some heavier moisturisers.

For the night, I use Clinique's Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. It's awesome and I can't imagine living without it!

xoxo,

Roxanne

I agree Amour!! Clinque's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel & Moisture Surge are great, light weight, and super hydrating!

AND Natura Bisse Ceutical Tolerance Recovery Cream is AWESOME, but it's about $155.

I've definitely wanted to try SkinFood products and BB cream (not just regular moisturizer), but I'm worried there are skin lighteners in it and don't want to put that on my skin.

Has anyone else used BB creams?

I don't use BB creams, mostly because they're too yellow for me.

I second Laneige, i used the waterbank cream for combination skin, i loved it ! It didn't agree well with my sunscreen and i have trouble finding it in my country, so i stopped using it for other moisturizers i could get without the hassle of ordering online.

You could try something from Laneige (for the day because they have a lighter consistency) and Clinique (for the night because they are thicker).

xoxo,

Roxanne

You could try something from Laneige (for the day because they have a lighter consistency) and Clinique (for the night because they are thicker).

xoxo,

Roxanne
I was just looking at their moisturizers. But I can't decide which one is best for overnight (for winter)

Have you heard of manuka honey? Well, it is a lot different than regular nectar found up the store shelves. The difference lies in its potential to heal several skin problems and issues of the body. The UMF strength is what makes manuka honey superior than ordinary honey. Using this ingredient as a moisturizer not only works to relieve patched and flaky skin but also works well to abate problems like acne, eczema, psoriasis and more. In fact, manuka honey is a great anti-aging treatment which slows down the process considerably. Since its is a natural ingredient it has medicinal value without any oil or grease content. When used in addition to other ingredients, it provides an effective treatment to several skin issues. You can buy manuka honey from online stores however check to see whether the potential is of UMF 10+.

Have you heard of manuka honey? Well, it is a lot different than regular nectar found up the store shelves. The difference lies in its potential to heal several skin problems and issues of the body. The UMF strength is what makes manuka honey superior than ordinary honey. Using this ingredient as a moisturizer not only works to relieve patched and flaky skin but also works well to abate problems like acne, eczema, psoriasis and more. In fact, manuka honey is a great anti-aging treatment which slows down the process considerably. Since its is a natural ingredient it has medicinal value without any oil or grease content. When used in addition to other ingredients, it provides an effective treatment to several skin issues. You can buy manuka honey from online stores however check to see whether the potential is of UMF 10+.
So what's the consistency, just like honey or a moisturizer? Lol I'm confused

My wife said it depends on your skin and on the product you are using. A product actually has different results from the others as well as for those who are going to use it.

i have combination skin as well.

cetaphil turned me into a greaseball.

i prefer Trader Joe's Enrich Moisturizing Facial Lotion SPF 15 for daytime,

and CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM for night.

There are many oils that are good for the skin.Almond oil,olive are also best products for your skin.

Could be considered. My wife used to use coco butter cream before. No negative reactions but she said it did well for her. She stopped using it since she's not that having an oily skin anymore.

IIRC cocoa butter is considered comedogenic, whereas unrefined shea butter is not - both are pretty greasy so you may not like the consistency.  Effective hydrating ingredients include hyaluronic acid, urea and olive squalane, which are all the skin's natural moisturisers. If you prefer a natural product you might try Weleda, if you want proven technology consider Eucerin. With a combination of greasy and dehydrated skin it's worth revisiting your cleansing and exfoliating methods since sulphate surfactants make some skins pump out oil, whereas many 'acne fighting' ingredients suck all the moisture out. Many girls swear by the Oil Cleansing Method to minimise pores and rehydrate the skin - for oilier skin you might try grapeseed, castor and tea tree oil.

IIRC cocoa butter is considered comedogenic, whereas unrefined shea butter is not - both are pretty greasy so you may not like the consistency. Effective hydrating ingredients include hyaluronic acid, urea and olive squalane, which are all the skin's natural moisturisers. If you prefer a natural product you might try Weleda, if you want proven technology consider Eucerin. With a combination of greasy and dehydrated skin it's worth revisiting your cleansing and exfoliating methods since sulphate surfactants make some skins pump out oil, whereas many 'acne fighting' ingredients suck all the moisture out. Many girls swear by the Oil Cleansing Method to minimise pores and rehydrate the skin - for oilier skin you might try grapeseed, castor and tea tree oil.
Y are moisturizers with comedogenic bad?

Comedogenic means it clogs pores so it means BAD.  Unrefined SHEA butter is good for facial skin...Cocoa butter is BAD for facial skin.  Buy unrefined shea butter, it works great. 

Originally Posted by mcarazee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Y are moisturizers with comedogenic bad?

Back