My salon wants to sell cosmetics... help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You lucky girl!!!!!!!! Good luck on getting the job 
eusa_pray.gif

I would sell MAC, NYX, but also other brands too. Maybe some mineral brands, but also some organic brands too.

Yeah, she doesn't want to sell all different brands, she wants one exclusive brand, that's it.  Makes it easier. 

Originally Posted by CHaNGiNGFaCESx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, she doesn't want to sell all different brands, she wants one exclusive brand, that's it.  Makes it easier. 

NYX girl!!!!!

Have you heard of Motives? They have a full beauty line that is affordable in my mind, especially since there a simple way to get their products at wholesale cost.  If you are interested let me know so I can get you some more information regarding the line and pricing.

TIGI also has a brand of cosmetics that's sold exclusively to salons as does Youngblood.

Dont get the makeup from China. It is cheaper but you have to order a mini mun of 5000 of the same sku. So you have to invest to bring a product which not all the time but sometimes don't meet our FDA criteria. Also i would support the economy of our country with national manufacturers . We have great ones!!! 

Originally Posted by Artonit Makeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dont get the makeup from China. It is cheaper but you have to order a mini mun of 5000 of the same sku. So you have to invest to bring a product which not all the time but sometimes don't meet our FDA criteria. Also i would support the economy of our country with national manufacturers . We have great ones!!! 

Originally Posted by xFRATTx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you heard of Motives? They have a full beauty line that is affordable in my mind, especially since there a simple way to get their products at wholesale cost.  If you are interested let me know so I can get you some more information regarding the line and pricing.
I love Motives, I personally use them on myself and on my clients. This is a great line to sell, I personally love selling it to my clients and they always seem to come back for more. NYX is a very nice brand too!

I'm currently a cosmetology student wanting to be a make up artist. My question is your salon is private owned business and what makes what you are doing different from people going to places like MAC, Merle Norman, Origins, Sephora, Ulta, etc... all places that will do make overs and then sell their products? In high school I would go to origins to get facials and make overs for all my formal dances. They would always say that the make over was "free" if I buy 3 of their products. Which worked because like you said the clients want to learn how to replicate their look.

I would be THRILLED if I had my makeup done and it was with NYX.

1. It's affordable. Nothing worse than having a gorgeous face done and realizing just the lipliner is $20, the foundation $40, eyeshadow, $40, the mascara $25, etc.  You can do a full face with NYX very inexpensive and I like that.

2. If I didn't want to get everything that day I could find it in other stores or online.

3. I like the quality of NYX.

I think you could offer some high end products along with cheaper productus but use mostly cheaper products and show women how they can take those products and use them to the best of their advantage. I don't know what the clientele is of the salon because that would matter also. I would just assume that if they are paying to have their makeup done they might not be willing to buy too many high end products also unless they have money to spend in one shot.

I have been very successful with Motives Cosmetics! Alot of my clients have used Bare Minerals, MAC, Lancome etc and now are devoted to Motives! Personally,.. Ive done Photo Shoots, Videos, Weddings, Fashion Week NYC, Fashion Shows and worked with Salons to carry the line (they love the exclusivity)! Skys the Limit with Motives! Xoxo 

Back