My salon wants to sell cosmetics... help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you find a solution to this. I am actually looking to sell my own makeup and then try to get it in the salon I work in

I'm going through the same thing at my salon and with my clients.  They ask if they can buy makeup off of me especially after I get them glammed up for their event.  But I want carry something affordable, healthy and for all skin types 

Hi, congrats and many blessings and success. I have been trying to reach NYX for quite some time. Can you recommend a contact person for me to call?  would greatly appreciate it. thankyou 

What an interesting topic! I love the business aspect of it. Sounds like NYX is a good choice for the salon you work at. For a different clientele selling a brand that is exclusively sold in spas and salons (high quality, higher end, completely natural or organic products, a brand that also sells non-cosmetic products) could be the way to go. I know that this is the type of products that has the most potential at getting me to spend my money, especially over a period of time. In fact, there's a salon I go to all the time to buy my moisturizer and a powder I like, occaisionally I get the cleanser or face mask... They probably make 15-20$ profit per product I buy from them! They do facials at this salon though so this brand they sell makes sense for that reason, and the focus is less on cosmetics, though they have some. For one-time event makeup like you do, it sounds like a less expensive brand is the way to go though.

I would suggest Monave! You can buy wholesale products under their logo to resell, or purchase them private label to sell under your own logo at your salon.

The profit margins are excellent and all of their products are completely gluten free, cruelty free, and all natural.

You can check them out at www.Monave.com and request samples by emailing information @ monave.com

Hi,
Well if she really wants to make money off of her products I know of a company that sells vegan only products that she can make anywhere from 15-50% off of the products she

Jdiva

Last edited:
To sell your cosmetics you have to come up with a good idea, I don't think that selling a cosmetic in bulk will help you, you have to come up a innovative idea which help you.

So nice to find a forum with people going through the same dilemmas as I am. I too will be starting my own nail bar/salon and I wanted to carry a few makeup lines such as MUFE, NARS, motives and urban decay. Congrats on your successful deal with NYX. That brand is pretty popular and a definite must have for all makeup lovers. I've actually tried contacting MUFE AND NARS but I got no responses. If anyone has had luck becoming distributors or getting them wholesale, please share your experiences.

Back