Mystery samples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, broke down and bought 2 of each box (used the two promos discussed above).

I am in love with that borghese ($30) and it is sold out on every site I checked!

I got 2 of each because B contains butter London, philosophy, and bamboo spray.

I will have a ton of extras but with the holidays coming up that is a good thing :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok, broke down and bought 2 of each box (used the two promos discussed above).

I am in love with that borghese ($30) and it is sold out on every site I checked!

I got 2 of each because B contains butter London, philosophy, and bamboo spray.

I will have a ton of extras but with the holidays coming up that is a good thing :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I had a feeling you would do this, I just knew it! I sensed you were fighting off that urge. This really is a great deal!

Hey that Murad stuff is great! Especially the pore perfection. Love the candles!

Never tried that borghese on my face, but on my hand it looked a bit too young for me. How did you use it, since there are different ways?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a feeling you would do this, I just knew it! I sensed you were fighting off that urge. This really is a great deal!

Hey that Murad stuff is great! Especially the pore perfection. Love the candles!

Never tried that borghese on my face, but on my hand it looked a bit too young for me. How did you use it, since there are different ways?
LOL :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I put a pea size amount on my fingers and worked it into my face after my make up -

It smoothed out my face/makeup giving it a healthy put-together look :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LOL :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I put a pea size amount on my fingers and worked it into my face after my make up -

It smoothed out my face/makeup giving it a healthy put-together look :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Do you think maybe it is being discontinued? Although rated well, there are not a lot of ratings. Just like my perlabella Hyalurnic acid that I just lost. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Really good stuff, but no one knew it.

Well, one of the Borghese reviews was from a 64 year old lady that said it made her look alive. LOL.... I always thought older folks should avoid shiny stuff. Dunno... I have it on my face right now. Will ask my husband when he gets home. At the very least we could brighten up the above the eye area.

Guess what month that mascara was from? Try Aug of 2012! Hope we don't go blind. LOL.... A lot of stuff goes way... back... . Why did they hang on to this stuff so long? No wonder it is so cheap. At least the folks that enjoy it are getting bunches. (Yeah me and you for starts...)

The murad pore stuff has hyaluronic acid in it. I checked the ingredients after trying it and noticing that it worked like it had HA in it and was a good formula. I think this just may be a good replacement for my perlabella. I have tried tons of other HA products, but all were crapola. Well, I will have at least 5 tubes to find out... And it is not very expensive either. I could never put that perlabella anywhere but my face since each pearl was sooo tiny.

Edited to add... Just peeked under bathroom lighting. Yeah mixed is pretty nice. But wow my upper cheek bone looks like a light bulb. Will need to tame that a bit with a dash of powder. Usually I put a dash under my blush anyways. Just need to go up a few mm higher.

Do you think maybe it is being discontinued? Although rated well, there are not a lot of ratings. Just like my perlabella Hyalurnic acid that I just lost. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Really good stuff, but no one knew it.

Well, one of the Borghese reviews was from a 64 year old lady that said it made her look alive. LOL.... I always thought older folks should avoid shiny stuff. Dunno... I have it on my face right now. Will ask my husband when he gets home. At the very least we could brighten up the above the eye area.

Guess what month that mascara was from? Try Aug of 2012! Hope we don't go blind. LOL.... A lot of stuff goes way... back... . Why did they hang on to this stuff so long? No wonder it is so cheap. At least the folks that enjoy it are getting bunches. (Yeah me and you for starts...)

The murad pore stuff has hyaluronic acid in it. I think this just may be a good replacement for my perlabella. I have tried tons of other HA products, but all were crapola. Well, I will have at least 5 tubes to find out... And it is not very expensive either. I could never put that perlabella anywhere but my face since each pearl was sooo tiny.

Edited to add... Just peeked under bathroom lighting. Yeah mixed is pretty nice. But wow my upper cheek bone looks like a light bulb. Will need to tame that a bit with a dash of powder.
Not discontinued - different packaging container

Be careful - a little goes a long way (good because this stuff is hard to get and not cheap) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not discontinued - different packaging container

Be careful - a little goes a long way (good because this stuff is hard to get and not cheap) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I may need to take a longer route to work with an extra layer now. (exta red light) LOL...

PS. This was from Nov 2013. (My coveted eye cream also.) My 5 plus tubes of the Borghese will be green before I use it up. LOL...

I may need to take a longer route to work with an extra layer now. (exta red light) LOL...

PS. This was from Nov 2013. (My coveted eye cream also.) My 5 plus tubes of the Borghese will be green before I use it up. LOL...
That's another reason I stopped at 2 tubes (not saying I wasn't tempted for more) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's another reason I stopped at 2 tubes (not saying I wasn't tempted for more) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I will likely give some of the Burghese away to my daughter etc... If i like it enough, I will buy fresh stuff later on.

But that Murad will be gone super fast I am certain. Well off for a shower and new layers to try after words. LOL....

You have to report in when you get your stuff. As I will tomorrow when my hopefully 20 item box comes in. Do they deliver on sat? I will get a really good pic for you, if it is the 20 item box. I suspect they may change over time as things run out. Maybe not.

Are you as tickled pick as I am over this? This is amazing!

Edited to add... Oh guess what I just noticed? I provided the correct order number. But the missing item replacement box is mentioned as being for my coupon code "special order" that I didn't even get yet. Gee I am probably flagged in their fraud department now. Plus, will I be getting box A for this now or the 20 item?

Oh and the replacement box will arrive by the 4th.

I will likely give some of the Burghese away to my daughter etc... If i like it enough, I will buy fresh stuff later on.

But that Murad will be gone super fast I am certain. Well off for a shower and new layers to try after words. LOL....

You have to report in when you get your stuff. As I will tomorrow when my hopefully 20 item box comes in. Do they deliver on sat? I will get a really good pic for you, if it is the 20 item box. I suspect they may change over time as things run out. Maybe not.

Are you as tickled pick as I am over this? This is amazing!
Yes I am :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I received my original order on a Saturday

I didn't expect to get a whole other box when I asked or I probably wouldn't have. I'll post my items when I'm not on a tablet.
Well of course not. But you had good reason to report it since you only had a box of ten to begin with. In fact hearing that made me not want to report my missing item even more. But when I realized it was two items, one being a coveted item, well that changed thigs. But I still felt guilty knowing that they would send a new box. Almost wish I didn't know that. I have plenty of stuff, just want my Murad. LOL... They could have just slipped a tube in a cheap envie and I would have been happy. And they still can.

I do think I figured out what happened to my box now though. Several product packagings were damaged pretty badly. I think they spilled the contents on the floor and some things flew off and were missed. Or maybe it was dropped and stepped on then placed into a new box? Something happened to it...

Yes I am :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received my original order on a Saturday
My box for the Beautybar0814 code arrived, and it was not the 20 mystery pack I was supposed to get. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Box A....

But on a good note, I will use every last thing in that box besides the eye stuff, I noticed that the Sonya Dakur is only half full and goes fast. I have heard wonderful thingt about the Caudalie and want to use it on my over sun exposed upper chest (sample very tiny). And I will have more time to see if that Murad pore/wrinkle stuff works as well as my perlabella. My skin is falling apart more every day without that.

Best of all, I can slather things on vs. scrimping and treating things like liquid gold. I really am sick of that.

Well, I broke down and got two of each of the A & B with the $25 off FALLCARE14 promo code and the free Philosophy 20-pack with the BEAUTYBAR0814.  I justified it since I unsubbed Blush and regular SS this month, my birthday was a week ago, and I can make goodie bags for my bridemaids with lots of it!!  I really wasn't going to buy any until I read up on the codes... They got me, darn thing always do!!  (I'm a promo code queen, I tell you.)

*shame on me*  Gotta stop checking into MUT when I'm bored at work!!! lol

Well, I broke down and got two of each of the A & B with the $25 off FALLCARE14 promo code and the free Philosophy 20-pack with the BEAUTYBAR0814. I justified it since I unsubbed Blush and regular SS this month, my birthday was a week ago, and I can make goodie bags for my bridemaids with lots of it!! I really wasn't going to buy any until I read up on the codes... They got me, darn thing always do!! (I'm a promo code queen, I tell you.)

*shame on me* Gotta stop checking into MUT when I'm bored at work!!! lol
Welcome fellow addict :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box for the Beautybar0814 code arrived, and it was not the 20 mystery pack I was supposed to get. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Box A....

But on a good note, I will use every last thing in that box besides the eye stuff, I noticed that the Sonya Dakur is only half full and goes fast. I have heard wonderful thingt about the Caudalie and want to use it on my over sun exposed upper chest (sample very tiny). And I will have more time to see if that Murad pore/wrinkle stuff works as well as my perlabella. My skin is falling apart more every day without that.

Best of all, I can slather things on vs. scrimping and treating things like liquid gold. I really am sick of that.
Sorry to hear that :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I got notice my order shipped, but it won't arrive until Wednesday.

Sorry to hear that :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got notice my order shipped, but it won't arrive until Wednesday.
Sorry to hear about yours also. You are probably looking forward to that 20 piece gift also like I was. At least you will get yours. You could tell I was trying to look on the bright side, huh?

My replacement box will show up tomorrow. But like I said, I will use every last item except for the eye stuff since my eyes can't tolerate makeup. Afraid to even give those away though. And normally I may keep one for a rare formal night. But not this stuff! Old stuff is dangerous. So the replacement box was well deserved considering I would have had 9 Jane iredale products that may possibly be unsafe along with 2 missing. 6 Borghese? Now that would be VERY difficult to use. LOL...

What are you doing with your two Jane iredale eye products (6 total) ? Maybe we should ask them if they truely are that old? They are not sealed in packaging...

Welcome fellow addict :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah ditto!

Gottcha! Nah I wasn't gonna be short and sweet for a change. LOL.... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I broke down and got two of each of the A & B with the $25 off FALLCARE14 promo code and the free Philosophy 20-pack with the BEAUTYBAR0814.  I justified it since I unsubbed Blush and regular SS this month, my birthday was a week ago, and I can make goodie bags for my bridemaids with lots of it!!  I really wasn't going to buy any until I read up on the codes... They got me, darn thing always do!!  (I'm a promo code queen, I tell you.)

*shame on me*  Gotta stop checking into MUT when I'm bored at work!!! lol
Good for you! Ya know with all that I got/am getting for $75, just the hairspray alone would pay for my box. This is an excellent deal! You will have to tell us about your favorites when you get your boxes. I love sharing the excitement.

I was really going to sit this one out... I went a little crazy last time they had that warehouse sale, but golly these looked way nicer than last time! And again, I'm a sucker for a promo code!

I'm still debating if I should jump on this deal! I missed out on the 5 for $25 deal a while back, does anyone know whether it's going to come back? I've never ordered from BB so I'm unfamiliar with them. Thanks!

Back