Pointed toe shoes out??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the really pointy-toe look is fading out. Even a lot of the boots and stuff I saw this winter were not as dramatic of a pointed to as they have been in the past couple years. I personally love wedges, so I'll be excited about buying new spring/summer shoes.

My toes are like that too but I still wear round strappy sandles heels lol:rockwoot:

High Waisted Jeans?!?!? NOOOOOOO I will never give up low rise, high waisted, I think, makes your @ss look flat and wide..kinda like a pancake

Wear whatever you like, personally extreme pointed toes scare me, poor little toe:10:

Out or Not as long as it looks good on me. I won't stop wearing it.

It's hard to keep up with the fashion trend!

I say just wear what suits you. Pointy-toes are too classically chic to ever look completely out, even if the dominant look is round-toed. Pointy is generally more sexy. I like both, but if I had to choose one, I'd wear pointy-toes. Not as comfortable but much more alluring.

Anyway, even if you think pointy toes look too out to wear now, be assured they'll be back in a year or two.

Pointy toed shoes are nice! I love fashion but I dont follow like a sheep, If somethings nice, wear it no matter what, I just bought an out of season top and I love it.

I dont like wedges, They are ok for the summer but they dont give off a sexsy look like heeled pointed shoes do

I think pointed shoes can be all right for certain outfits and work wear, trends are trends. Although I do hear a lot of negative things about pointed shoes lately, and how uncomfortable they are. Maybe it's the comfort that is in. Who can say what's in when trends change from city to city, and hour to hour? :laughing:

I love my pointed toe shoes. Trying to find some in a lower ( chunky-ish) heel has been difficult.( unless i want to spend mucho $$$$$). My favs are a pair of pewter cowboy style ( but they don't give off that appearance) slip on shoe. (ebay)I get compliments on them all the time. I do wear jeans 99% of the time. They look good with them. I can dress them up or down, T-shirt or sweater.

Straight up keep the pointed toe shoes in i love them... i cant believe the newpaper said there out... thats bull..i agree with xjackie83 wedges shoes are summer shoes

I think pointed toe pumps are always in style. I think certain materials (like patent leather, etc) are what they are referring to.

I wore pointed toes for about 2 years but they don't go with some of my new clothes and I'm starting to think it's going to be more like that when summer comes. I guess I pretty much stick to what I like and not trends but I have to wear shoes appropriate for my wardrobe and sadly my pointed shoes don't fit in as well anymore.

Sure there are shoe trends, but I think a good looking shoe whether pointy, rounded, or square is like a piece of art...a thing of beauty...wear it.

pointy toe, 4 inch heel shoes are my fave style, i for one certainly wont be giving them up for round toe

points will never be out of fashion. I love points, and I love stillettos. Fashion mags can be completely retarded. Think of whatever was most popular last year (skinny leg jeans for example) and reverse it to get this years trend (yep, that's right, boyfriend jeans - those really huge, wide jeans.) It makes me mad. They just want you to spend money!

*ends rant, gets of soapbox* :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I thought pointed toe shoes were a classic style that's always in style, especially with dress clothes (for work, church, etc.) As long as I can remember, my Mom's worn pointed toed shoes to work and church, and I've never though her shoes looked out of style ... even her older shoes are so similar to newer shoes in the store now, you can't tell that they are older!

Meanwhile, wedges seem to be more a trend that comes and goes ... a few years ago I had a pair of wedges and quit wearing them because I thought they were so out of style, then suddenly the very next season they were EVERYWHERE in the stores!

I personally don't like rounded-toe wedges at all .... a rounded toe and chunky wedge heel is only going to make your foot look chunkier and your legs look shorter .... But pointed toes (with any heel height) elongate your leg and make your foot look so much sleeker! They don't have to be extremely pointed, most of my dress shoes are just slightly pointed at the toe and I love them, and even my male coworkers once said that they are very classic and office-appropriate! (One of my coworkers is married to a fashion designer, so sometimes we end up talking about women's fashion, lol, and then the other guys chime in with their opinions of women's clothes and shoes!) However, 4" heels just hurt my ankles .... all my shoes have slightly pointed toes with 2" heels, so they are comfy AND professional looking! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back