Pop Sugar Must Have Mystery Box, Summer, 2016

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys all trade talk HAS to go in the PopSugar trade post to keep this thread clear for general discussion. 

Ok I got my box!

Mine was 5.6 lbs from NY.

FullSizeRender.jpg

As you can see from my picture I got the:

Tarte Cosmetics Beauty & the Box eye shadow
Deepa Gurnani Katie crystal headband
Capri Blue Mercury jewel box in rain
Terrapin Ridge Farms pecan honey mustard
Wine Glass Writer markers and,
Dominique Ansel The Secret Recipes book

I think the Tarte set is a different color than the set I have, I need to check when I get home so that's a win. I'm also excited to try the mustard since I gave mine away last year for xmas.

Sadly my candle was busted bad. I'll send a note to PS. I wonder if they'll replace it? 

I'm not sure what to do with the headband, do you think it would be too large for my niece, she's only 9, I bet it's too big for her.

@@jenny1973 guess what?? I'll PM you!

Bizgirlva, on 20 Jul 2016 - 2:21 PM, said:

Ok I got my box!

FullSizeRender.jpg

I think the Tarte set is a different color than the set I have, I need to check when I get home so that's a win. I'm also excited to try the mustard since I gave mine away last year for xmas.

Sadly my candle was busted bad. I'll send a note to PS. I wonder if they'll replace it? 

I'm not sure what to do with the headband, do you think it would be too large for my niece, she's only 9, I bet it's too big for her.

@@jenny1973 guess what?? I'll PM you!
I received the 2.8 box which was the same except no cookbook or other item :-(   I'm giving the headband to my niece but she's older.  Can your niece make it into a bracelet?  My candle was chipped too.

For those who have tasted the pecan honey mustard, what did you eat it with? I haven't opened it yet. Crackers, pretzels? I have neither in the house, LOL

I'm open to suggestions of what it would be good with.

Ok I got my box!

FullSizeRender.jpg

I got the same box, including a broken candle....

For those who have tasted the pecan honey mustard, what did you eat it with? I haven't opened it yet. Crackers, pretzels? I have neither in the house, LOL

I'm open to suggestions of what it would be good with.[/quote

Someone suggested using it on salmone. And someone else said chicken. I have not tried those yet.

Someone suggested using it on salmone. And someone else said chicken. I have not tried those yet.
Thank you, I bet it would be awesome on chicken or salmon, great idea

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 1/2 boxes an I am happy with it for the $20 I got

Deepa Gurnani Katie crystal headband
Wine Glass Writer markers and, hand cream

I think everything is worth the $3.33 per item and will either be good for trade or for gifts. I have four sister in laws and a sister myself so I am always looking for smallish gifts to give them for bdays/holidays.

i used mine as a chicken glaze-and on prok chops too! it was wonderful! i grilled the chicken and kept brushing it on...heaven and even my husband commented and he never does!

Ok I got my box!

FullSizeRender.jpg

I got the same box, including a broken candle....
I also had a busted candle (received my box yesterday)- and at first was like oh well it was a $20 box and I already have one, but then decided to contact CS. SHOCKINGLY they have already responded and a replacement is on the way! So definitely contact them!! They must have revamped their CS- it is so much better than it was a few months ago

I got mine today and it was a variation I haven't seen yet. I'm pretty happy with it! 5.2 lbs out of Winnepeg(?) NY. Became 5.8 lbs once USPS got a hold of it. But I don't think it was. Here's what I got:

Govino wine glasses

Tarte eyeshadow

Bubble elixir

Headband

Glass candle

Mustard

So... it seems I got the eyeshadow instead of the notecards for the 5.2 lb box. Very happy with it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Moving with the post trend...

Got 2 and they are shipping from CA with 4 lb and 3.1 lb weight each.

There would be some variation. I am not a subscriber so anything will be welcome.
My 3.1 lb box suddenly became a 4 lb box...Now I am receiving 2 boxes of 4 lb each. I hope they do not carry same products :unsure:

I got my box yesterday

Pehr bin

tarte eyeshadow

isaac jacobs frame

olive oil soap

acme straws

pureology face mask trio.

Very, very happy with my mystery box.  I really needed something to put magazines in, so the bin is perfect. I was hoping to save some items for stocking stuffers, but I love everything!   decisions, decisions.

One of my box was delivered yesterday...I received:

Mine Chalkboard Soy Message Ceramic Candle
Spark Joy by Marie Kondo
Happy Socks
Isaac Jacobs Acrylic Magnet Photo Frame
Nima Oberoi Lunares Geo Stopper
Not Soap, Radio Bath & Shower Gel Gift Set

Everything will be used except the stopper. Really like the box...my picks are the candle, frame and shower gel set.

I received my other 2 boxes and they were good.  I did receive another bin which I really like.  I had hoped for more recent things but overall good for $20.

My box was 4.9 lbs and shipped from Wappinger Falls, NY.  I got the bubble bath from the Today Show box,  Deepa Gurnani headband, Tarte eyeshadow quad, stationery with 'XOXO' written on the top, the candle tin, and the honey mustard. 

Overall, I'm pleased.  The bubble bath seems really luxurious and the Tarte eyeshadow quad is different from the one I received in my monthly box when it came out.  The stationery is something I'll definitely use, and the candle tin is a duplicate for me, but I like it so I don't mind.  I also got the honey mustard before in a monthly box, but I think it's delicous so I'm happy to have another. 

The only item I'm swapping is the headband, and only because I already have one from a monthly box.  I would have liked another Pehr bin, but I'm still really happy with what I got.

I'm box twins with Sarah- the 3.1 from Cali with the pehr bin, tarte quad and straws.  I seriously hope they do this again. Maybe next time I will get two. 

They just wrote me and told me because the candles are breaking so easily they are sending me something else instead. I am curious- but find it funny since they originally told me my replacement candle "was already on the way!" ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my replacement candle they packed it with a TON of bubble wrap. They probably ran out of bubble wrap and decided to ship other less breakable stuff. lol.

My new candle is in perfect condition.

Back