Popsugar 2015 Special Edition Resort Box **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been wearing the serum.  It's too soon to tell if it's doing anything.  It may be a tad too harsh for me - I have really bad rosacea and it burns my skin the littlest bit.  That isn't always a dealbreaker for me as long as I get good results - my dermatologist said that as long as I can tolerate skincare that turns over cells quicker to go for it because that will help my rosacea.  So far the biggest turn off for me was the smell.   I was kind of hoping it would have a citrus scent because in my head that is what orange vitamin C serums should smell like...
I usually use Paula's Choice Vitamin C for a face treatment.  It smells like citrus to me.  Would this Drunk Elephant product be used in place of that? I'm out of the Vit C right now and just wondering if I can put off replacing it by using this product instead.   Anyone know?

I usually use Paula's Choice Vitamin C for a face treatment.  It smells like citrus to me.  Would this Drunk Elephant product be used in place of that? I'm out of the Vit C right now and just wondering if I can put off replacing it by using this product instead.   Anyone know?
I wouldn't have a problem with replacing one vitamin c serum with another.  Here is a general article about what vitamin C serums are meant to do (likely sponsored by advanced dermatology but it's accurate if you ignore the brand comparison parts)

http://www.thedermreview.com/vitamin-c-serum/

Drunk Elephant:

This revolutionary serum evens skintone, fights cellular UV damage, supports natural collagen synthesis, and assists skin physiological activities of defense and cell regeneration. The unique formulation enzymatically dissolves unwanted surface skin cells and provides intense hydration through the use of hyaluronate crosspolymer, which can easily penetrate the skin. The result is a noticeably diminished appearance of photodamage replaced by incredible radiance and super smooth, deeply conditioned skin.         

Paula's Choice Resist C15 Super Booster

Brown spots don't stand a chance. Add a few drops of this booster to your serum or moisturizer daily, or use it alone. It's the new anti-aging superhero.

Item #: 777
  • Anti-Aging, Brown Spots, Wrinkles
  • For All Skin Types
  • Firms, brightens, and smooths skin

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, my serum smells kinda bad.  It almost reminds me of the scent of your clothes after leaving a bonfire....that could just be me though.   :wacko:
I thought it wasn't great either (like really bothered me when I first put it on).  But if it's good, I don't mind. 

I read on their website that Drunk Elephant does not add any fragrance or anything into their skin care so it must just be the natural smell of the ingredients. I haven't tried mine yet.

I got it out today to try it and I think it has a some kind of herbal/earthy type of smell. The ingredient list is very short so it might be because they don't add artificial scents. I combined it with Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer on top and the smell got even more earthy. Not sure if it was the right mix. I was afraid my skin was going to smell like that all day but I think it went away in a few minutes or I got used it to. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I did like how my skin felt after applying the serum.

Has anyone used skinceuticals before? It smells the same. I don't think this is a bad batch, just how it smells.

Does anyone's drunk elephant container feel like it is empty? Mine feels like there is nothing in it, so I just want to make sure that is how it should be. It's also brown/orange and super runny.

Thanks!

yes mine does too and it's brown/orange and very runny. Kind of hard to apply, mine was running through my fingers.

Does anyone's drunk elephant container feel like it is empty? Mine feels like there is nothing in it, so I just want to make sure that is how it should be. It's also brown/orange and super runny.

Thanks!
Same here! I couldn't believe how empty the container felt, but I think the product is just so light in weight that it just feels empty. I have been using it every day for the past 3 days, so I'm hoping it lasts awhile!

I swapped for the necklace and got it today. I love it! The stone is huge (in a good way.) The chain is very long, but I love that you can adjust to whatever length you want. This will be a signature piece for me. I'm so pleased. I didn't buy the box, but if I had I would say the train case and the necklace would have made it well worth the cost.

Back