POPSUGAR Must Have January 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kara Seldin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They did do socks a couple months back so this seems unlikely (unfortunately those were bulky yoga socks which are very different from exercise socks). In the workout vein, I would love a water bottle with a filter (like a Bobble) or a yoga mat/resistance band, but I'm not sure how these would be received by everyone else.

Otherwise, some kind of media would be nice...movie tickets, a book, something like that. I really liked that in past boxes and it seems to be lacking lately.
I really like the idea of a water bottle with a filter. I think that most people could get use out of that, but its something they wouldn't necessarily spend the extra money on.

Also, does anyone know of any promo codes right now other than the refer5?

Originally Posted by brokenship /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really like the idea of a water bottle with a filter. I think that most people could get use out of that, but its something they wouldn't necessarily spend the extra money on.

Also, does anyone know of any promo codes right now other than the refer5?
I believe "insider" is still active, which is $32 off a 6 month subscription. That brings it down to $158, which is about $26 a month. Not a bad deal if you can deal with the commitment (and a large payment up front).

I splurged on the 6 month sub with the insider code about a week ago. The way I rationed it in my mind was that I knew my mother in law usually gives me $150 cash- so I figured in my mind I would justify that it's her holiday gift to me. I really told myself come January I was cutting back on subs- my popsugar 3 month sub was up & I wasn't suppose to renew it- oh well- it's my holiday gift for the next 6 months- come July, I'm going to have to come up with another excuse...lol! Of all the subs I receive, it's my fav because of the variety. I'm so excited for the January box..yay!!,

Is your subscription still "active" or did you cancel it? If it is active they will send it, if not they won't. Mine was not active and they said they could do nothing unless I subbed again. So I had to sub for another month to get my free box.

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm also wondering about how their referrals work - I have some free boxes that haven't been "redeemed" yet. My current 3 month sub finished this month, so I wonder if they'll just start my free boxes in January? I think I'll send them an email after the holidays and ask about that.

Well I haven't cancelled my account but December was the last month in my 3-month sub. Kind of a gray area I guess lol.

Is your subscription still "active" or did you cancel it? If it is active they will send it, if not they won't. Mine was not active and they said they could do nothing unless I subbed again. So I had to sub for another month to get my free box.

My guess is after your year is over.

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still don't get it. I have a year sub, so will I get it when that ends or do I get. It next month?

Hehe yeah so confusing!

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I haven't cancelled my account but December was the last month in my 3-month sub. Kind of a gray area I guess lol.

I really wish we got some sort of credit for purchasing boxes for other people.  I bought a December box for two of my girlfriends, and a lux box for my boyfriend... I then decided to purchase a month-to-month sub for myself...  

It would be nice to get $ off your next box, or a box free, or SOMETHING for gifting so many boxes to other people.  I guess if I am planning to gift anymore boxes I will use my link to get credit.  
satisfied.gif

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I splurged on the 6 month sub with the insider code about a week ago. The way I rationed it in my mind was that I knew my mother in law usually gives me $150 cash- so I figured in my mind I would justify that it's her holiday gift to me. I really told myself come January I was cutting back on subs- my popsugar 3 month sub was up & I wasn't suppose to renew it- oh well- it's my holiday gift for the next 6 months- come July, I'm going to have to come up with another excuse...lol! Of all the subs I receive, it's my fav because of the variety.

I'm so excited for the January box..yay!!,
I feel the same way!!! I just signed up for the January box and am excited! Im just a little nervous that it wont be as good as past boxes because so many people are signing up. Hopefully im proven wrong

Originally Posted by musthave /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those of you hoping for workout gear in our January box, I'm with ya!  I would absolutely LOVE a FitBit or Nike Fuel Band! 

In November, I signed up for a new sub called pv.body.  They send you a cute workout top & bottom each month for $49.95, valued at over $100.  Brands include LULULEMON!!!, Nike, The North Face, American Apparel, and some quality brands I've never heard of like NUX and Coliseum. 
I absolutely refuse to associate with any company promoting Lululemon.  See here for why.. I agree with these facts wholeheartedly.  It's a sexist, racist company with a sexist, racist CEO.  http://www.feminisms.org/284/i-have-declared-war-on-lululemon/

The founder and CEO not only brags about his use of minors in Japanese sweatshops, he also brags about how funny it is to hear Japanese folks say the name of his company.  Direct quote:  "It's funny to watch them try and say it."

Originally Posted by SiriusDreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I absolutely refuse to associate with any company promoting Lululemon.  See here for why.. I agree with these facts wholeheartedly.  It's a sexist, racist company with a sexist, racist CEO.  http://www.feminisms.org/284/i-have-declared-war-on-lululemon/

The founder and CEO not only brags about his use of minors in Japanese sweatshops, he also brags about how funny it is to hear Japanese folks say the name of his company.  Direct quote:  "It's funny to watch them try and say it."
lululemon is like a cult, a cult of overpriced spandex. blech, hate the ceo, hate the culty vibe.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lululemon is like a cult, a cult of overpriced spandex. blech, hate the ceo, hate the culty vibe.
Have you ever Googled Lululemon and Landmark Forum?  You can remove the word "like" from that first sentence.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you ever Googled Lululemon and Landmark Forum?  You can remove the word "like" from that first sentence.
Whoa, I just Googled!  There's some crazy shady stuff going on there.. worse than I thought!

Can anyone tell me what happens when you are eligible for a free month, if you're signed up for the month-to-month subscription?  Will I get two boxes one month, or will I need to sign up for, say, a 3 month or 6 month subscription to be eligible for my free month?

Can anyone tell me what happens when you are eligible for a free month, if you're signed up for the month-to-month subscription?  Will I get two boxes one month, or will I need to sign up for, say, a 3 month or 6 month subscription to be eligible for my free month?
You don't get charged for the next box. It shows up in your account as paid, and everything else is the same as usual. Tracking, shipping schedule, etc.

Did anyone else request a sample from PS Sample Squad? I still haven't received my sample and I did get an email saying it was on its way.. It's free, so not a huge deal.. But kind of wanted to actually try them. Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem...

Originally Posted by MissKellyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone else request a sample from PS Sample Squad? I still haven't received my sample and I did get an email saying it was on its way.. It's free, so not a huge deal.. But kind of wanted to actually try them. Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem...
Me too maybe they ran out :/ 

Back