Popsugar Must Have March 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so the new $10 off code came out and I'd *like* to unsub and then resub with the code....my fear is that I'll end up w a second March box!

Quote: Originally Posted by itsMac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok so the new $10 off code came out and I'd *like* to unsub and then resub with the code....my fear is that I'll end up w a second March box!
Just make sure that you uncheck the earlier box waitlist button? 

Quote: Originally Posted by teenyfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just make sure that you uncheck the earlier box waitlist button? 
Exactly--it's somewhere on the page when you sub again.

IF you miss it, read your confirmation email when you resub--you can contact them to ensure you do not receive a dupe box. I had to do this for this month and it was fine.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually posted about it a page or so ago. I'm a size 16 now, gave them size 10 stats and was fairly successful.
I just read your post.  I might give it a try. I am really kicking myself for throwing away the code.  Why did I do that?  I am a weird size 16.  I swear my waist is a 12 and my hips are a 16 so every pair of pants is gapped at the top.  I can wear large size shirts for the most part.  all my weight is in the damn thighs and hips.

Quote: Originally Posted by gingerjenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just read your post.  I might give it a try. I am really kicking myself for throwing away the code.  Why did I do that?  I am a weird size 16.  I swear my waist is a 12 and my hips are a 16 so every pair of pants is gapped at the top.  I can wear large size shirts for the most part.  all my weight is in the damn thighs and hips.

Not to go too far OT, but I am a size 16/18 in pants and for SF, I basically noted for them not to send me any pants (I also fudged by sizing/measurements a little bit so I would still be in their "size range").  The tops they've sent have all fit, and the one dress I've gotten so far I decided to keep even though it was a wee bit snug as a motivation to lose 10lbs (which I know is the worst thing to do when buying clothes....)

Just wondering why PS raised prices yet keeps posting $10 off coupons. Shouldn't they have just left the price as it originally was then? I might not have given up my sub if not for the price increase.

Just wondering why PS raised prices yet keeps posting $10 off coupons. Shouldn't they have just left the price as it originally was then? I might not have given up my sub if not for the price increase.
First off, are you wearing the turband from FFF in your profile pic? That looks so great on you! I didn't even bother to try mine on because I'm in my late thirties and felt like it was too young for me. Don't know if I could pull it off, but it looks amazing on you! Also, I totally agree about the PS discounts. Basically, they are just punishing people who have longer subs. I've learned my lesson and definitely will not be renewing my yearly sub when it's up. I'll just go month to month and then cancel each month and wait for the new code.

Quote: Originally Posted by EevieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Probably damage control? Losing subbers or not gaining enough and hoping that brings in temporary influxes and people then like it enough to keep at reg price. I've had a sneaking suspicion the last couple months has seen a large drop in subs which was the cause of the price increase and then the cause of the promos. Many would disagree though.

Probably damage control? Losing subbers or not gaining enough and hoping that brings in temporary influxes and people then like it enough to keep at reg price. I've had a sneaking suspicion the last couple months has seen a large drop in subs which was the cause of the price increase and then the cause of the promos. Many would disagree though.
I think this maybe the case also. I liked this box but I did decide to take a break for a little while and just buy the luxury boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First off, are you wearing the turband from FFF in your profile pic? That looks so great on you! I didn't even bother to try mine on because I'm in my late thirties and felt like it was too young for me. Don't know if I could pull it off, but it looks amazing on you!

Also, I totally agree about the PS discounts. Basically, they are just punishing people who have longer subs. I've learned my lesson and definitely will not be renewing my yearly sub when it's up. I'll just go month to month and then cancel each month and wait for the new code.

Awh, thank you! That's so sweet of you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Head scarves are my kryptonite, so I threw it on as soon as it got here, haha. You're never too old to rock a headscarf/turband! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I do think they are going at a good price on eBay, or you could trade it. It might also make a nice gift for someone?

I totally agree. I got rid of my sub after the December box and have since purchased February and March with codes. I don't see any point in resubbing at the normal price when they relase promo codes. I do like that they gave us a spoiler for the scarf this month, that's what sucked me back in.

Quote: Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that's what happened. I don't really know what PS was thinking when they upped the price and then, in my opinion, lowered the quality of their boxes. The December box was nowhere near as good as the October/November boxes. But by doing all these promo codes, I feel like they are only further harming themselves. I know quite a few subbers that have dropped their subscriptions and are just buying month-to-month now. It's unfortunate, PS was actually my favorite sub.

I used my

Is anyone else having trouble with their dogeared code? It keeps telling me the code is unknown. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I used my dogeared code and had the same issue. You have to type I exactly as the card states, dashes and caps, for it to work. Hope this helps!

Anyone remember how to use the referral code for a new sign-up? I'm trying to walk someone through signing up, and there doesn't seem to be a place to enter my referral code. Thanks.

I am on the fence about dropping my sub. There hasn't been very many things in the last 6 months that I truly liked or have use for. The scarf was the only thing in this month's box that I Would keep (other than the food items). I was missing my scarf in my box and luckily Popsugar sent out a replacement right away. The rest of the box is going on ebay. Sadly that is where most of the stuff from the past few boxes have ended up. So many people have the scarf up for sale on ebay that if I hadn't gotten the box I could've gotten a scarf at a great price. In fact I am considering buying one for my daughter. I have found a new box (memebox) that I am obsessed with and have bought a bunch already. It is very addicting.

Quote: Originally Posted by kalmekrzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am on the fence about dropping my sub. There hasn't been very many things in the last 6 months that I truly liked or have use for. The scarf was the only thing in this month's box that I Would keep (other than the food items). I was missing my scarf in my box and luckily Popsugar sent out a replacement right away. The rest of the box is going on ebay. Sadly that is where most of the stuff from the past few boxes have ended up. So many people have the scarf up for sale on ebay that if I hadn't gotten the box I could've gotten a scarf at a great price. In fact I am considering buying one for my daughter.
I have found a new box (memebox) that I am obsessed with and have bought a bunch already. It is very addicting.
Ebay is great.   It's also nice if someone wants something that was in the boxes but missed out...and can get for less than buying direct.  I hear you, it can be very addicting.  Starting to feel that way as well.  I'm starting to feel less excited about PopSugar but I have subbed for a year and a half now.  Really love the LE boxes though.

Has anyone else gotten a rash from the thread of the necklace? I have the worst luck with my skin... I need to live in a bubble. 

Latest posts

Back