Popsugar Must Have March 2015 *may contain spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parabens don't bother me, but I worry about pumice for my rosacea.  I can definitely use it on my chest though; have some old sun damage I'm working on. 

I am not pleased with all the parabens, I mindfully buy products without them, and I will not gift anything with them to anyone, so in the trash it goes. Personally, yes, I think Popsugar should be mindful of parabens. With that being said, I feel that way for personal reasons. They don't not include sugar treats, because someone may be diabetic. They don't not include things with nuts or dairy, because someone maybe severely allergic. We all have "things", and every box isn't going to be spot on for every person. So, while it's not my favorite choice, I am sure there will be other treats in there I will love.

I can't speak for fancyfarmer, but I'll be throwing it out because I don't want to give or swap it to someone who may not be aware of the risks of parabens. It's up to people to do their own research, but I doubt parabens benefit anybody. 

Me too.  LOL I think it's because I love to travel and haven't in a while!
So happy to read there are at least 2 more of us out there. I LOVE the packing videos on youtube. I recently had to pause a friendship with someone who has not flown in 20 years, who wanted to travel with me this year, but insisted on checking in luggage. I have not checked in luggage for so long, even on international travel, and I will do anything to go carry-on only. 

Any codes this month? The spoilers look goood. 

I can't speak for fancyfarmer, but I'll be throwing it out because I don't want to give or swap it to someone who may not be aware of the risks of parabens. It's up to people to do their own research, but I doubt parabens benefit anybody.
I totally agree! I have no problem throwing it out even though some people may think it's a waste of money. That's how strong I personally feel about parabens, and I don't want to be part of passing them on in a gift or swap. Besides, I got the sub on the 6 month deal at Christmas which broke down to $20 something a box, I know without the Bliss I will get more than my money worth. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Parabens don't bother me.  I did my research and read the official studies related to them and realized that a lot of the negativity comes from misinterpretations and those with agendas.

That being said, I completely respect anyone's choice to avoid them.  We all have things we care about and adhering to our personal values is important.

My personal reservation regarding this product has to do with the pumice.  I'm still going to try it but carefully.  I don't like super gritty microdermabrasion products.  

I like the Vbeaute one the best out of all the ones I've ever tried so far.  It's more reasonably priced that this Bliss one and it has no parabens :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, I am shocked by the reaction to this spoiler. I currently own and use this product, so I was happy to get a back-up. It's a pretty good formulation of pumice and oils. 

I only avoid 100% chemical sunscreens, but I slather all sorts of parabens/polymers/enzymes/emulsifiers/etc. on my face and body. As soon as I started using a chemical/physical facial sunscreen my acne cleared up.

Gee, if I used all the abrasive products that are coming in popsugar boxes, I'm sure I would have damaged skin. They do nothing but make me breakout. Not excited whatsoever.

I'm not insane about parabens and about ingredients in general, but I do try to be aware of them and make better choices for my skin. I don't like ANY type of scrubs on my face, so I will probably donate it.There are plenty of people who have given this product rave reviews and probably really love it, so it's better to do that then just throw it away. I care more about not being wasteful than exposing someone to parabens who may not even care about it one way or the other.

Regardless, everyone is entitled to their opinion and can do what they want with the products they've purchased with their own money, but seriously...if anyone is going to just throw it away, you can send it to me and I will add it to my collection of products that I donate to the women and children's shelter. There are PLENTY of women out there that don't even have access to soap, so receiving something like this would be a huge treat for them, parabens or not. 

It's definitely up to each of us to do our research. I don't know anything about the harmful effects of parabens, but I will look into it! That said, I think you could definitely swap it still and say "contains parabens" or whatever that would trigger the other person to maybe look into it if they aren't sure what that means. I wouldn't trash it, personally. But to each their own :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ETA: I think it's really thoughtful that you and fancyfarmer care enough to not want to pass along something that you believe is harmful!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Resort box is available now!

image.jpg

I have read on a FB bloggers post that they are listing the past contributors to a special edition box

Back