POPSUGAR Must Have - November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used my credit for the satin lapel pj set on intimint. I'm not impressed.

They took 10 days to let me know there was a problem with my order, but that it would be shipping soon. 4 days later they sent me the shipping email, without a tracking number, and yesterday it showed up. 

I'm 5'3", this set is huge! I showed my 6'3" husband and he agreed the proportions are more to fit his height. The highest button on the shirt falls where the bottom dip of a plunge line bra would hit. And the pant go just shy of that point on me 
icon_eek.gif
. Luckily the material is thin and easily rolled down.  I wouldn't say the cloth is the best quality, but it is soft. There are snags on the satin part and threads hanging everywhere. 

The only redeeming factor is the gift they included, a lingerie bag, it has pink on it and is better quality than the pajamas lol. 

Originally Posted by het226 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my JewelMint Mystery Box today: I got a bunch of bracelets and a pair of earrings. Overall they are all pretty awesome quality, none of them felt cheap of easily breakable. I'm not to hot about the multicolored pastel bracelet, but the other pieces are cute!

-hetal
I like those earrings! I got mine today. Unfortunately I didn't like any of the items :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Looks like they'll be gifts for others

Originally Posted by SiriusDreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my Jewelmint mystery box too!  I like the bracelets and earrings.. the rest of it I was a little unsure about, but I tried them all on and I think I can work 'em!

That's the box that I got, though the necklace had different colors. Unfortunately it's just not my style

I used my credit for the satin lapel pj set on intimint. I'm not impressed. They took 10 days to let me know there was a problem with my order, but that it would be shipping soon. 4 days later they sent me the shipping email, without a tracking number, and yesterday it showed up.  I'm 5'3", this set is huge! I showed my 6'3" husband and he agreed the proportions are more to fit his height. The highest button on the shirt falls where the bottom dip of a plunge line bra would hit. And the pant go just shy of that point on me :icon_eek: . Luckily the material is thin and easily rolled down.  I wouldn't say the cloth is the best quality, but it is soft. There are snags on the satin part and threads hanging everywhere.  The only redeeming factor is the gift they included, a lingerie bag, it has pink on it and is better quality than the pajamas lol. 
These are the same pjs I got, and at 5'9" they fit me great and are really comfy, though the neckline is a bit low. I hope they hold up okay. I called to cancel my subscriptions as I didn't want three charges each month and they entirely cancelled my accounts so I can no longer even look at their things online. I was kind of sad as I like the shirt, pjs and sunglasses I got, but didn't want to risk forgetting to skip an order.

Originally Posted by wldflowur13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's the box that I got, though the necklace had different colors. Unfortunately it's just not my style

I got this box as well. I love the earrings, bracelets, and the silver necklace. As far as the other necklace, it will be a regift. Its not my style at all. I had to order the new mystery box though and I hope I like it as well.

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

These are the same pjs I got, and at 5'9" they fit me great and are really comfy, though the neckline is a bit low. I hope they hold up okay.

I called to cancel my subscriptions as I didn't want three charges each month and they entirely cancelled my accounts so I can no longer even look at their things online. I was kind of sad as I like the shirt, pjs and sunglasses I got, but didn't want to risk forgetting to skip an order.
A trick to looking at the Intimint items is to just google an item and then visit that page (like "Intimint Robe"). Once that page opens, you can click to see the other items offered. I think it bypasses their popup screen on the main page to get you to sign up.

Originally Posted by lechatonrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used my credit for the satin lapel pj set on intimint. I'm not impressed.

They took 10 days to let me know there was a problem with my order, but that it would be shipping soon. 4 days later they sent me the shipping email, without a tracking number, and yesterday it showed up. 

I'm 5'3", this set is huge! I showed my 6'3" husband and he agreed the proportions are more to fit his height. The highest button on the shirt falls where the bottom dip of a plunge line bra would hit. And the pant go just shy of that point on me 
icon_eek.gif
. Luckily the material is thin and easily rolled down.  I wouldn't say the cloth is the best quality, but it is soft. There are snags on the satin part and threads hanging everywhere. 

The only redeeming factor is the gift they included, a lingerie bag, it has pink on it and is better quality than the pajamas lol. 
 I admit that I kind of wanted to order from Intimint just for the gift because I am a sucker for "extras."

Finally got my November box! There was a mess up, all resolved, and it did arrive before my December box (which should be here tomorrow!). I love the Gorjana braclet, but its a lot cheaper feeling than I expected, but it fits perfectly. Moving on though, that means I have a canvas pop code I'm willing to trade if anyone, for whatever reason, doesn't want their stylemint. Just message me!

I wanted to let everyone know that I am very impressed with one aspect of Stylemint.   I ordered the mystery box with my credit and received three tees.  They aren't like, super stylish or anything but they are cute basics, even though one was too big and drapey.  The fabrics feel nice and I will get plenty of use from the two that fit well.

But I was folding the shirts today and saw that they are all MADE IN USA!  Which is super cool and my opinion of the company went up a great deal after seeing that. 

For those of you that have been fighting with Popup pantry and were only given a $20 credit- they currently have an offer for $20 off of your first order. Which should make the meal free when combined with the $20 credit. The email stated "I'm upping the discount to $20 off your first order! But I can only get away with it for this weekend only, so you need to order by Sunday night to score this deal. Just enter code DECTWENTY at checkout and get $20 off."

Originally Posted by wldflowur13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you that have been fighting with Popup pantry and were only given a $20 credit- they currently have an offer for $20 off of your first order. Which should make the meal free when combined with the $20 credit. The email stated

"I'm upping the discount to $20 off your first order! But I can only get away with it for this weekend only, so you need to order by Sunday night to score this deal. Just enter code DECTWENTY at checkout and get $20 off."
I received the same email so I placed an order.  They were sold out of the meal I wanted so I'm going to try the Wild Boar Ragu with Truffled Polenta.  I'm still a bit sour about the whole ordeal.  I would never support this company but I feel that we are all entitled to take advantage of the PopSugar Promotion as monthly subscribers so that is the only reason why I placed an order.

Originally Posted by StuffedMailbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received the same email so I placed an order.  They were sold out of the meal I wanted so I'm going to try the Wild Boar Ragu with Truffled Polenta.  I'm still a bit sour about the whole ordeal.  I would never support this company but I feel that we are all entitled to take advantage of the PopSugar Promotion as monthly subscribers so that is the only reason why I placed an order.
Same here, I'm so irritated with them. I'm tempted to keep fighting just because they are so wrong. But at this point I'm starting to feel like they just aren't even worth the frustrations. I'm just going to order and be done with it. I will certainly never support them and am happy to share my negative experience with anyone that asks. I think they really screwed up with how they handled the PopSugar codes

Honestly girls I'm all about the fight but this fight is not worth it- IMO the meal was awful. Not even worth the time it took to unfreeze and prepare. I would've rather had a lean cuisine.

Don't forget to cancel Pop Up Pantry after it ships out and then happily delete them from your life after you eat the meal (don't want you to have the stupid subscription appear on your statement in the new year). I honestly don't think they will last in the long haul (maybe not in the short term either). The food alone was horrific. If I was a chef I would be embarrassed to have my name associated.

Interesting how when we first showed interest/concerns in Pop Up Pantry, the founder popped on here to make some remarks. But when there are direct posts on fb, they delete them as resolved and when people email directly, they brush them off with mediocre deals.

I kept their styrofoam box to reuse this holiday to haul something around or maybe use it to transport cold groceries in my car during the summer.....I will find a use for it because really don't want to throw it into the land fill. We aren't even allowed to use styrofoam containers in our local restaurants.

Quite enjoying my stylemint Dalton shirts, feeling trendy with my stripes but also comfy. They might be sorta right about this wider at the bottom cause it does hide the tummy.

I did have a reason behind this long post. Does anyone want my Canvas Pop code? Just message me and its yours. I rather give it to someone here who would appreciate it than let it expire. Plus I like the "friendliness" we have in the November board....

Here is my pop up pantry update. I posted on their facebook wall that I wasn't able to use the coupon code. They requested that I email their support desk. I did that on Dec 5th and STILL haven't heard back. A few days later, I emailed pop sugar about the issue and here was their response: Hi Meagan, Thank you for your email and I would like to apologize that PopUp Pantry is no longer honoring their voucher. Unfortunately now that we are well into December there is little we can do to enforce this and we would like to sincerely apologize that you were not able to use your voucher. We hope you have been having a wonderful Holiday season and please know that should you choose to resubscribe with us there are sure to be many more fun treats to try! Happy Holidays POPSUGAR Support -- I'm not sure if they weren't helpful because I canceled my subscription or not. But this is ridiculous! Especially since I only got the code at the end of October!

That Pop Up Pantry thing makes me SO MAD. You guys didn't did not get an expiration date on the code; therefore, they cannot say it is expired. What terrible business practices!

Latest posts

Back